“Wow! - Remarkable Staff, Outstanding Location and Value”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Burbank, California
“Wow! - Remarkable Staff, Outstanding Location and Value”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Having spent roughly 20 percent of my life in hotels across the country and around the world (from run down motels, to road hotels, to prime luxury hotels, to The Burj al Arab, and everything in between), I have found myself unexpectedly impressed with The Extended Stay America in Burbank.

My first personal experience with the ESA brand, I checked in with some skepticism. I recalled some less than glowing reviews of other ESA properties from travelers I know well and trust. My skepticisms were quickly dismissed by my experiences here.

The property itself is exceptionally well located. Attached to a major power center, virtually every incidental need can be handled easily without even having to drive, rare for LA, and as any veteran traveler knows it's when the incidentals are a mystery or a challenge that travel wears you down the fastest. For business travelers, the Staples located fifty yards from the front door is an exceptional convenience. Additionally, all the conveniences of Burbank are easily accessible in 15 minutes or less. Ample free parking is the norm in Burbank and this hotel is no exception.

The hotel itself is clean and quiet. Double, double pane windows make the rooms exceptionally quiet and well insulated. It is easy to keep the room at a comfortable temperature without having to run the heater/air conditioner all the time, further enhancing the quiet. Unlike many hotels where you learn about your neighbor through the wall whether you want to or not, it is rare to hear much of anything from a neighboring room.

What I am most impressed by, however, is the staff. I would never have guessed it, but I have never experienced a complete hotel staff as genuinely friendly, courteous and conscientiously professional at any other hotel, anywhere in the world, EVER. Certainly, I can recall numerous individual experiences with members of hotel staff elsewhere which impressed me; but I have never been so universally impressed with the entirety of a hotel's staff. Having stayed for six months now, I have had cause and opportunity to interact with and observe every member of the staff, front of house and back, and without exception, every experience has been a positive one. They are all friendly and courteous, genuinely so, and not in the obsequious manner one so often encounters in other hotels where everyone is fishing for a tip. They genuinely take pride in providing a pleasant, hospitable experience and it shows. They have consistently gone the extra mile without ever having to be asked, and consistently surprise me and exceed my expectations. Even more remarkable still, they manage to do it without ever crossing the line into being nosey or overbearing.

They have been renovating the hotel for a couple months now, and they have managed the renovation gracefully, minimizing disruption and impact, save for having to change rooms briefly whilst they renovated. They moved me to the identical room immediately below (without my having to ask), and then back the moment the original room was renovated.

Whatever the particular combination of hiring practices, training, and organizational culture, they have hit upon a remarkably effective formula here. My highest compliments and recommendation.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side have a substantially better view.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a glowing review of our hotel and staff! I am proud of our team for making guests like yourself feel at home. As well, I am so thrilled that we were able to provide you with the best customer service possible.

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review and are pleased to be able to continue to host you at our property.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Overall the stay has been really good, there has been no issues which i had come across. Though there has been renovation works which had been going on, they have ensured that, there is no discomfort caused to the people staying in the hotel. I had been staying in this hotel for close to 4 weeks

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Rijith - The team and I really appreciate your encouraging remarks. I'm so pleased to hear that our renovation efforts have not inconvenience you in any way and your stay overall has been satisfactory. We have truly enjoyed having you stay with us and look forward to you continuing to do so!
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 25 May 2013

From the location,to the remodeled rooms, the Shopping Mall next door and the various Restaurants,the Extended Stay America-Los Angeles-Burbank Airport is hard to BEAT! It was the surprise of my hectic day to have a room that the AC worked perfectly with newly stained hard wood floors along with new carpeting and the designer decorative decor,that topped it all off! I found the Lobby and the Front Desk to have a relaxing ambiance of colors that made me feel welcomed. JIN,the Front Desk Clerk, was helpful, attentive and informative! So,whether for Business or Vacationing in the L.A. or Burbank area,Extended Stay America-Burbank has what one may need, like a Home away from Home! Get the Suite with the KING size Bed and feel like a...KING!

Room Tip: Get the Suite with the KING size Bed! Even if you are not a KING!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Andrew - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review about our hotel. It is so rewarding to hear that you truly enjoyed your guest room, especially since all of our rooms were recently refreshed! As well, I am pleased that our staff was helpful and friendly to you, especially Jin.

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Chennai
Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed in Extended stay for two weeks as it is the only hotel my company has collaboration with. Rooms are pretty bad with peeling of kitchen wood, and my friend who also stayed in same apartment had room which is smelling and even after complaining to the service had no response. Complementary breakfast is a grab and go of no value, manier times you won't get much than an oat meal bar.

• Stayed February 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was not completely satisfactory and would like to sincerely apologize to you on behalf of my staff. Please know, we are currently undergoing a renovation to update and refresh our guestrooms as well as public areas, which will improve the overall cleanliness of our property.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at BBT@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Travellers are raving about these Burbank hotels

Burbank, California
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights while I was having my floor refinished. I couldn't have been more pleased with the quality of the accommodations. My room was spacious, well-appointed and clean. The front desk staff was phenomenally friendly and helpful. My only complaint was a very limited selection of TV channels.

I highly recommend staying here if you're ever in Burbank. For the price it really can't be beat..

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank RoadTrip0708
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments about your newly refreshed room and our amazing staff. We take great pride in providing comfortable clean rooms at reasonable prices with even better service and look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Fairfield, California
Reviewed 12 April 2013

On March 25,2013 My family and I checked in after a 6 hour long drive. once we got into the room there was a strong smell of Cigar/cigaretts! I immediately went to the front desk and told them that our room smells like cigar/cigaretts, I wanted to change our room to a room that doesnt smell like strong cigar/cigaretts, the guy at the front desk said, I'm sorry you booked smoking online and we can't change it. Why would I book smoking if I have kids? He said he couldn't help us out! I was furious! My eyes was stinging all night, my kids couldnt sleep cause of the strong smell of cigar/cigaretts, opened the window and that didn't help at all. The wooden floor in the kitchen area was sticky! I don't know why the front desk couldn't help our out? He apparently doesnt care, this is the worst hotel I ever stayed in ever in my whole life.

Room Tip: A little advice to others, make sure when you check in that they don't have you on the smoking f...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The situation you described regarding the smoking room given to you and your family is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience and not being able to accommodate another non-smoking room due to all of our hotel rooms being sold out. I have discussed your comments with my front desk team and am working to find ways of communicating this message better.

Please know, we are committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at bbt@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 4 April 2013

If you need a little Apartment at Hotel price. This is your place. Nice little kitchen in every room and pretty nice rooms. But for the Business traveler that just needs a short term Hotel room. This Hotel is just a little but noisey. With LOTS of people staying/coming and going. Very busy for it's size. I presume because there are many families and friends staying and "visiting" each room. I stayed there on about a half a dozen occasions. And was usually met with the Front desk clerk on personal telephone calls away from front. Where you have to "call out" to them. As little as ONE towel and ONE bar of soap in my room. Breakfast is a muffin or granola bar with Coffee thats gone within about 30 minutes of being put out. Great location though for Burbank/LA area.

Room Tip: I tried every side and floor. The least noise I ever had would probabaly be the 3rd floor North faci...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business