“Great Value, Great Staff”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Los Altos, California
“Great Value, Great Staff”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I've stayed in this hotel twice in the last year. I had a good experience both times. The value and the location are tremendous. The price is less than most other hotels in the area. The rooms were spacious and clean. The kitchens were stocked with table service, cooking pans & utensils, etc. When my stay involved a full week, I appreciated the Target (for groceries) that was in the shopping center next door - within walking distance. The shopping area also includes many restaurants and other stores. And, more importantly, I felt safe walking in the area and coming and going from the hotel at night.
The staff was courteous and helpful. Two instances stand out. When another family stayed beyond their planned reservation and the room type we originally had reserved became unavailable, the manager offered us an even better solution at the same price we had originally agreed upon. Then, after discharge, one person in our party - in another room - realized she had left a piece of clothing behind. The staff actually took the time to check both of our rooms for the missing item. They were very accommodating and courteous.
The grab and go breakfast is just as it sounds. But there is a nice selection - coffee (which is great coffee!), tea, hot chocolate, muffins, granola bars, oatmeal, apples, oranges and bananas. And the kitchens were full kitchens with stoves, microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers and a toaster. Lots of options. So, when I stayed for a week, I was able to have eggs and toast every morning - quick and easy.
I give this a 4 out of 5 only because it isn't a $200 a night hotel with full hot breakfast and a pool, etc. But for the cost, it can't be beat - clean, safe, great staff and a great location - minutes from Universal and Hollywood and close to shopping and restaurants and the airport.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm so pleased to hear that we were able to meet your standards with our newly renovated rooms and prime location. I hope you enjoyed your time spent in Burbank, and thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I only stayed for one night, but the room was clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. Good location near to the freeway, to restaurants, and shopping.

Like other Extended Stay hotels, they had no sound proofing between rooms or floors, so it was very noisy—you can hear the people in the next room coughing, talking, and more, and you can hear cell conversations from across the hallway.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lauren T
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Lauren - The team and I thank you for taking the time to post this review of your experience at our hotel. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our staff ,service and great location! I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Very impressed with this hotel. We made a little get away to Hollywood and just stayed here 1 night. Very clean and that's what we only ask for when we go to hotels. Would stay here again and it was a good location. Right next to a nice shopping center.

• Stayed July 2013
Oakland, California, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I was placed in this hotel by my company and was set to be here for 8 weeks. Let me just say that I have found another hotel in the area to move to. This hotel is okay for a night or two but that is it. Even though it has been re-done in the company's new design and color scheme it still is just cheap. The bedding is fair and the towels are the same. The rooms are not fresh and the cleaning leaves a lot to be desired but it's not gross. The desk clerks are very young and don't have much experience nor do they have much authority to do anything. They are very friendly however and do try to do what they can. There is usually just one clerk on at any given time so most of the time you have to wait to be helped. The location is nice if you want to shop and there is a 24 hour fitness within walking distance. Restaurants within walking distance too....Outback, Olive Garden, etc...There is also a Marriot across the street as well.
This hotel has NO amenities and the "breakfast" is definitely "grab-n-go"....Some of the clientele are questionable despite the location. My first room smelled so bad that I had to change rooms. I would stay elsewhere if you have to be here for more than a night or two.

Room Tip: The 4th floor is reserved for smokers which I think is awful... I would try and stay on the either e...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Helen - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We appreciate the encouraging comments about how friendly our staff was and how much you liked our central location; however, we apologize that the room as well as the grab-and-go breakfast was not completely to your satisfaction. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are committed to improving our service and guest room cleanliness standards.

We continually work to improve our hotel amenities , so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at BBT@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Hermosillo, Mexico
Reviewed 14 July 2013

.Me and my wife,we like to travel and we always stay and diferent hotels. In almost 6 years of traveling this is the best hotel made us feel like our house. I will highly recommend it. Stores are just 20 steps away from doors. Park is just a block away. Burbank airport is just 2 blocks away but you can't heart any noise of airplane, amtrak is by the airport as well.. I will comeback and stay for a whole month. I love it

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that our newly refreshed rooms and facilities as well as central location suited your lodging needs. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future at our Burbank location
Buckeye, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed there just one evening. The location was great. The price was right. The room was great. They are still renovating but even so things were in very good shape. The front desk staff was very helpful.

We will most likely stay there again when we go back to Burbank!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Richard - Thank you so much for sharing your experience and posting the wonderful review of our newly refreshed hotel. I am glad to read that you were pleased with all the new updates and our location.

The staff and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Delaware
Reviewed 5 July 2013

This Extended Stay hotel was undergoing "refreshing" at the time of our visit, and we were assigned one of the newly refreshed rooms. Our experience was very good (we had stayed here once previously, before the "refreshment" began, and it's an improvement). The "refreshment" is not "remodeling." It's just fresh paint, new flat-screen TVs, some carpeting, a new recliner chair, etc. These rooms are very comfortable. Equipped with a small desk, queen bed, small (but very serviceable) bathroom, and a fully-equipped kitchen area with good cabinets, sink, fridge, stove, microwave. Air conditioning and shower work well. These are not "suite" rooms; they're a single large room including the kitchen area. This Extended Stay is located behind a Marriott (and was probably previously an Extended Stay Marriott), and adjacent to a "big box" shopping center (Lowe's, Target and a few others). There's a Starbucks and a few other fast food restaurants within walking distance, and several large office buildings next door. The neighborhood seems safe at night, and driving distance to Burbank Airport is very good. Front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. The overall experience is "economy/utility," but clean, safe and quite comfortable. We will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Projournalist
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
We truly appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your positive experience at our newly renovated hotel. We are so pleased to hear that we were able to accomplish our goal of providing each of our guests with a clean and comfortable rooms. As well, I am so glad that you enjoyed our location.

The staff and I would like to thank you again for choosing our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!