Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Bad service--inattentive, impersonal, rude. The hallways and elevator are dirty and in disrepair. There are young hoodlums milling about. Feels like something bad is happening. Not a good vibe at all.

Room Tip: The place is run down, and there are young hoodlums milling about. Weird scene--like a low rent apa...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Chimp_Baxter
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am very sorry that you found our hotel to be unclean and that our staff did not attend to your needs properly. In response, I have met with the staff, and we will be putting into effect an action plan to ensure that cleanliness in our common areas meets our company's high standards moving forward. As well, I will be coaching our entire staff on how to provide better customer service in the future.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. I would love to discuss the details of your experience further, contact me at BBT@extendedstay.com.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

This place is very very nice,very good staff that answered all our questions,solved a small issue that came up at checkin with room type, printed certificate for us,no problems at all.pets are welcome (was not sure how this would affect us) it did not at all.overall this hotel is well worth staying at. Reading the reviews is very helpful when booking a hotel- but remember to also use discernment,and look at overall rating.

Room Tip: There was no pool at this hotel and no daily maid service(if you are messy this would matter to you...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff was able to accommodate all your needs while you stayed with us in Burbank.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

I came down here looking for a job and to go to school. I had a plan when I came out here, but I came with a friend who didn't have a plan. We started arguing and Jin was more than happy to help. I can honestly say without his help I don't think we could of worked it out. He's a great person and an even better employee. I've been to millions of hotels in my life and not once have I ever encountered such a genuine person. This hotel hired the right person and because of that my stay here is that much more enjoyable. The hotel it's self is clean and nice, but the staff is even better.

Room Tip: Smoking is allowed on the 4th floor for all of us who are too lazy to go out and smoke!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that our associates had such a positive influence on your stay and I will surely share this with them. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

I've stayed in this hotel twice in the last year. I had a good experience both times. The value and the location are tremendous. The price is less than most other hotels in the area. The rooms were spacious and clean. The kitchens were stocked with table service, cooking pans & utensils, etc. When my stay involved a full week, I appreciated the Target (for groceries) that was in the shopping center next door - within walking distance. The shopping area also includes many restaurants and other stores. And, more importantly, I felt safe walking in the area and coming and going from the hotel at night.
The staff was courteous and helpful. Two instances stand out. When another family stayed beyond their planned reservation and the room type we originally had reserved became unavailable, the manager offered us an even better solution at the same price we had originally agreed upon. Then, after discharge, one person in our party - in another room - realized she had left a piece of clothing behind. The staff actually took the time to check both of our rooms for the missing item. They were very accommodating and courteous.
The grab and go breakfast is just as it sounds. But there is a nice selection - coffee (which is great coffee!), tea, hot chocolate, muffins, granola bars, oatmeal, apples, oranges and bananas. And the kitchens were full kitchens with stoves, microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers and a toaster. Lots of options. So, when I stayed for a week, I was able to have eggs and toast every morning - quick and easy.
I give this a 4 out of 5 only because it isn't a $200 a night hotel with full hot breakfast and a pool, etc. But for the cost, it can't be beat - clean, safe, great staff and a great location - minutes from Universal and Hollywood and close to shopping and restaurants and the airport.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm so pleased to hear that we were able to meet your standards with our newly renovated rooms and prime location. I hope you enjoyed your time spent in Burbank, and thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I only stayed for one night, but the room was clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. Good location near to the freeway, to restaurants, and shopping.

Like other Extended Stay hotels, they had no sound proofing between rooms or floors, so it was very noisy—you can hear the people in the next room coughing, talking, and more, and you can hear cell conversations from across the hallway.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lauren T
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Lauren - The team and I thank you for taking the time to post this review of your experience at our hotel. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our staff ,service and great location! I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Very impressed with this hotel. We made a little get away to Hollywood and just stayed here 1 night. Very clean and that's what we only ask for when we go to hotels. Would stay here again and it was a good location. Right next to a nice shopping center.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I was placed in this hotel by my company and was set to be here for 8 weeks. Let me just say that I have found another hotel in the area to move to. This hotel is okay for a night or two but that is it. Even though it has been re-done in the company's new design and color scheme it still is just cheap. The bedding is fair and the towels are the same. The rooms are not fresh and the cleaning leaves a lot to be desired but it's not gross. The desk clerks are very young and don't have much experience nor do they have much authority to do anything. They are very friendly however and do try to do what they can. There is usually just one clerk on at any given time so most of the time you have to wait to be helped. The location is nice if you want to shop and there is a 24 hour fitness within walking distance. Restaurants within walking distance too....Outback, Olive Garden, etc...There is also a Marriot across the street as well.
This hotel has NO amenities and the "breakfast" is definitely "grab-n-go"....Some of the clientele are questionable despite the location. My first room smelled so bad that I had to change rooms. I would stay elsewhere if you have to be here for more than a night or two.

Room Tip: The 4th floor is reserved for smokers which I think is awful... I would try and stay on the either e...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Helen - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We appreciate the encouraging comments about how friendly our staff was and how much you liked our central location; however, we apologize that the room as well as the grab-and-go breakfast was not completely to your satisfaction. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are committed to improving our service and guest room cleanliness standards.

We continually work to improve our hotel amenities , so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at BBT@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.