“Nice and clean but noisy room fan”

Courtyard Los Angeles Burbank Airport
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Roseville, California
“Nice and clean but noisy room fan”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This was a great place to stay on a recent business trip. The hotel was really clean and the rooms were comfortable. The hotel is walking distance from almost anything you could ever want, restaurants, Staples, Target, Lowe's (in case you want to build something) and several other big box stores and it was super close to the 210.

My only complaint was the extremely noisy exhaust fan in the room (room 407, if anyone of importance is reading this) that seem to get amplified when my head hit the pillow. I'm all for white noise, but this was a sound that grated me and made me feel like I was getting a headache and it's lucky for me that I tend to fall asleep fast so I could get away from the sound.

Room Tip: Get one that has no exhaust fan noise that you can't turn off.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
BURCY, Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Burbank Airport, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear JimAtKSF:

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Burbank. We are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with the exception of the exhaust fan in your room. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I wanted to follow up with you and let you know that we have addressed the issue you experienced with the department involved in order to resolve and correct. We hope that if your travels bring you back to Burbank, you choose to stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for about 5 years now and have always loved its friendly, "like-home" atmosphere. As frequent business travelers, we log over a month worth of nights, each year, at this location. We have gotten to know much of the staff and have developed valued relationships over the years.

My recent negative experience with front desk associate, Rich, was very surprising. I am saddened that an otherwise good track record was tarnished and bad enough that it prompted me to take time to write a review. Unfortunately, the front desk staff has had a lot of turn over in the past two years which can often lead to poor quality associates and apathy.

As a former district manager in a sales driven environment, I am very sensitive to the customer engagement of establishments I visit. I recognize that is not always possible to please every customer, however, it is always possible to deliver a courteous experience.

Hoping this is a blip and not a pattern, as the location is very convenient for our work, and that of our clients and associates, and we have had good previous stays.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear K A:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I would like to apologize for the unpleasant experience during your stay. We pride ourselves on excellent service and it seems that you did not receive it. I wanted to follow up with you and let you know that we have addressed the issue you experienced with the department and associate involved in order to resolve and correct. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed two days at this Burbank prop as my first leg of a road trip to Miami. I had no expectations but found a very professional and friendly "can do" staff and a clean updated property. The pool was fantastic and I enjoyed tanning after days in overcast Sacramento Later I hung out by a very cool fire pit. The gym was more team adequate. And, the food was tasty and reasonably priced

I always appreciate free parking and free internet. This is a great alternative to LA hotels!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Erick T:

Thank you very much for staying with us! We are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay and were able to get some tanning time in! We pride ourselves in providing quality service and a clean and updated facility with great amenities. We hope that if your travels bring you back to Burbank, you choose to stay with us again!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This is a good location to the outlet mall. It is a walking distance. The room is fine except for the horrible bathroom lighting. The room size is good and overall, it was a pleasant stay this this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank slma12
BURCY, Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Burbank Airport, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear slma12:

Thank you very much for staying with us. We are happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay, with the exception of the poor lighting in the bathroom. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We hope that if your travels bring you back to Burbank, you choose to stay with us again!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for 15 years. I really like the hotel, and the location is especially useful right next door to Target, Lowes, and Staples. The staff are friendly, professional, and attend to any problems, which are rare. The $12 breakfast includes omelets/eggs made to order, bacon, sausage, fruit, fresh waffles and the usual cereals and breads. It is unfortunate that they discontinued the free morning coffee during our last trip. But you can make your own in your room. The hotel is always clean, the beds are usually plush and comfortable, and in all respects but one, this hotel gets top ratings from me. They are better than the other Marriott in Burbank.

My only complaint is that our last few visits (4 in 2013) have been too noisy. One trip there were people drinking, talking, and laughing loudly at the fire pit in the pool area til 3am, when I had to call to put a stop to it - several nights in a row. We were kept awake every night of that stay except one. Another trip, they were sanding and painting the outside of the building, but didn't bother to tell us that when we booked our room on the noisy side. Awake til 3am? No problem! We'll have you up by 7 anyway! Another trip, after the noisemakers finally went in and we fell asleep, a member of the staff was outside at 3am moving all the pool chairs around, banging some and dragging others with COMPLETE disregard for noise. This has happened numerous times. Hello? We are there to sleep, why is your staff waking us up? When we pay extra for the balcony, it's to open the door for fresh air because your windows only open 3", not to listen to a racket all night. I hope they address this problem with their staff soon.

Room Tip: If you do not ask for a balcony, you will be restricted to a 3" opening in your 3' window...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
BURCY, Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Burbank Airport, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear starzcity:

Thank you very much for staying with us. We are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay, with the exception of the noise level. We pride ourselves in providing quality service and a clean and updated facility in a convenient location. We look forward to welcoming you back and ensuring you have a good night's rest.
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Enjoyed our 3-night stay in mid-January. Location was convenient to the Burbank airport since we had a rental car, and to the other places we visited (in Beverly Hills and Hollywood). All the staff members we encountered were friendly and helpful, especially Gaby who was our server at breakfast one morning. The bed was comfortable, but the noise from the water pipes (presumably from our upstairs neighbor) was the loudest we've ever heard in a hotel. We also heard the train whistle several times (once around 11 PM) but it wasn't too bothersome. It was convenient to have the shopping mall next door; we purchased drinks/snacks to keep in the room's mini-fridge, did a little shopping and ate at one of the restaurants there. Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear TM_Trademark:

Thank you very much for staying with us. We are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay. We pride ourselves in providing quality service and a clean and updated facility in a very convenient location. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Belgium/SF
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Stayed there during Christmas week 2013. This is a solid hotel. The rooms are big, the bed was comfortable, and the gym was cleaned and adequately equipped. Will likely stay there again if I am in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Capebrux
BURCY, Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Burbank Airport, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Capebrux:
Thank you very much for staying with us. We are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay. We pride ourselves in providing quality service and a clean and updated facility. We look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you back to Burbank.