“clean, inexpensive, great food”
Review of Safari Inn

Safari Inn
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I was in LA for workshops so I wanted something clean and inexpensive...it was clean, inexpensive and the restaurant "olive's" had great and inexpensive food! It wasn't the Hilton, but I didn't pay for Hilton either so I was very very happy with what I got!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels
1  Thank Pooya M
SafariInn818, Front Office Manager at Safari Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2015

Thank you for your feedback. We're delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and were satisfied with the quality of the food provided by our restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back to Burbank in the future!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

My family and I had a great experience at this hotel. The ladies at the front desk were friendly and helpful and fixed a mistake I had made when booking before we had arrived. Parking out the front of the room, comfortable bed. We would stay again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. We're delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and were satisfied with the quality of the accommodations and the level of service provided. We look forward to welcoming you back to Burbank in the future!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

The only thing related to a safari is the tacky statue of the elephant in the lobby, and the zebra coverlet on the bed. This is a two story motel that tries to increase its appeal with a funky name. Parking is right outside the room, so you often hear cars and people talking. Thin carpets and padding results in hearing neighbors walking overhead until quite late. There is nothing attractive or inviting about this property. The staff are nice, and seem quite helpful. It is overpriced motel trying to be so something else.

Room Tip: A good room is at a different hotel. I imagine an upstairs room is better than the 1st floor since y...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
SafariInn818, Front Office Manager at Safari Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for your comments, We are saddened to hear you were not pleased with your accommodations. It is our goal to ensure every guest has a positive experience when staying with us and we certainly want to make it up to you. We hope you will provide us with another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I traveled with two friends to California for a little getaway to the beach and Six Flags. My friend recommended we stay at the Sarafi Inn. I have to say the hotel was great! The property was very well maintained and clean. The room was also very clean. The front desk ladies provided great service. I really enjoyed my stay there and would definitely return and recommend to friends.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank denny0wayne

Thank you for your feedback. It is such a pleasure to hear positive comments from a guest regarding their stay. We're delighted you enjoyed the quality of your accommodations and the level of service provided. We look forward to welcoming you back to Burbank in the future!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Worst Hotel experience ever.
1st night was fine then 2nd night i was woken up after 20 mins of sleep by a lady on crack or acid or meth something terrifying and awful in the next room.
Screaming at the top of her lungs that she couldn't breathe banging on my wall.
I honestly thought I was going to get shot or something had to move hotels shaking and really happy they didn't refund me that night so had to pay for that and the there hotel i had to change to!
Thanks Safari Inn for the nightmares and leaving me out of pocket!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank T H
SafariInn818, Front Office Manager at Safari Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for your comments. We sincerely apologize for the issue you encountered during your stay with us. The comfort and happiness of our guests is of the utmost importance. We did our best to rectify the issue and make things right unfortunately you decided to check-out prior to allowing us the remedy the situation. We hope you will provide us with another opportunity to serve you in the future. Again we apologize for the issue. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Folks, from Indianapolis, Indiana and stayed a full 7 days. I am missing this place already and was sad to leave. The neighborhood was quiet and peaceful. I was able to sleep soundly and didn't experience anything negative, AT ALL. No bugs of any kind. Room was clean and neat. Most impressive was the staff. I love their uniform as it was classy but their service was by far the most excellent I've seen ever, any where including Paris, France. Monica and Val gave me advice and tips and where to go. They never seemed bored, uninterested or uncaring, quite the opposite. I will miss them. I would love to move to Burbank. I shopped at Fresh n Easy for groceries, went to the theatre to see Maleficent. I liked the park close by and just everything about this quaint area. I was able to drive to Hollywood, L.A., the beaches and even Vegas with no issues at all. Very easy to get around and I didn't expect that. The price for a motel that shot films/movies was very reasonable, just book early as they have just 55 rooms. I loved every second there and would do it again in a heartbeat. Bravo and kudos to Safari Inn and staff!!!

Room Tip: Book early as I did.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels
2  Thank Kay C

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed two nights here and could not have been happier with it. Really clean, spacious rooms. Great location for warner brothers and universal pictures tours too. It's also instantly recognisable if you've seen the movie True Romance which was the icing on the cake for me!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and were satisfied with the quality of the accommodations and the level of service. We look forward to welcoming you back to Burbank in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
Holiday Inn Burbank
Central L.A
Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
Portofino Inn Burbank
#13 of 20 in Burbank

Been to Safari Inn? Share your experiences!