“Has seen better days”

Octopus
Ranked #56 of 438 Restaurants in Burbank
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I was really excited about visiting Octopus again. I had eaten there a few years ago and had thoroughly enjoyed my sushi. Located close to downtown, yet parking was easy in the parking structure three doors down. It was on a Friday at about six and we were seated immediately. The décor is a little dated, but everything was clean and neat. Our server came to our table and we were surprised at how quickly our food came. We ordered some of the premium rolls (4), iced tea (2) and a single order of salmon. Our total came to about $45.00. We felt this was fair. We did have a problem with an additional roll that we ordered that had an "off" taste. We sent it back and they took it without any problem and took it off our bill. Thus: Service: Excellent, Food: Could stand some improvement

Reviewed 23 October 2013

My boss and I are great fans. Have to go there at least twice a month. Service is good. Might have to chase waiter/ress for the check. Seems to be a lunch time problem. Otherwise we really like it. Try the garlic edamame. Yumm

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Happy hour.Happy hour.Happy hour. This place is the place to be late night. With happy hour starting at 9 pm it's the go to spot for me to go with friends and saki it up. With so many items listed on the happy hour menu I usually go for the mussels and spicy tuna salad. other than that most of them are pretty decent. But if you want a cheap place to go to and drink before you head out with friends.You've got it here.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Located in downtown Burbank, we really enjoyed dinner there. The seaweed salad was very good and then we had 3 sushi rolls. One had asparagus in the middle, one had spicy salmon on top and the other was called a caterpillar, which was sweet and mild. The flavors for all three very very different and so you bounced around from spicy to mild. The service was very good and we would go back. One note, the iced tea is mango flavored.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

The sushi was just average. It looks so much better than it tastes. We had a party of eleven and tried so many varieties, and the same opinion floated the room... ok. I can really recommend the entrees though. They are huge! Sure, Octopus is a chain, heck almost a franchise in the LA area, but it was better than take out or delivery. If you are looking for decent PanAsian, it's not a bad choice. If you seek fine sushi, try another.

1  Thank monmouthprof