“Phantastic Pho!”

Mama Hong's Vietnamese Kitchen
Ranked #39 of 438 Restaurants in Burbank
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 30 December 2013

They have some of the best grilled beef I have tasted in a long time. I love the grilled beef spring rolls. The Filet Mignon Pho is also really good. The Banh Mi sandwiches are quite good and the closest to find in that area.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

The waiters and servers were fantastic. The stew was wonderful and the others enjoyed the pho. Will definitely return soon especially on a cold day.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Great tasting Vietnamese fare with lighter, more subtle flavor than usual. The preparation and presentation of the dishes highlight the superior quality of the ingredients. We had the Bo Ko and the Pho and plan to go back to sample other offerings. The restaurant is comfortable, clean and conveniently located on San Fernando in Burbank near the movies and shopping. There is a steady stream of patrons so you may have to wait a bit for a table. The staff is very attentive and genuinely seems happy to serve. Great food. Good prices.

1  Thank CMc818
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This is the first time we've experienced Vietnamese food. It was great. Initially, we had intended to order Pho, the traditional Vietnamese noodle broth (usually made with a meat of some kind) but after looking over the menu, opted for something else. My wife had Vermicelli with thinly sliced pork. It included a spring roll and a special dip which she said was very tasty, I had a Vegetarian Stir Fry with tofu, broccoli and carrots, on a bed of rice noodles. Mine was also excellent. The portions are generous. The flavors unlike other Asian foods. Our waitress was a charming and attentive girl named Thuy. This place has only been open for about a year, but has become quite popular. Reportedly they have a long line during the weekday lunch hour, as it is located in the downtown district. We were there at dinnertime on a Saturday night. The were a good number of people there, but no wait for a table. We highly recommend this restaurant. It is nicely decorated, comfortable, and clean. We plan to go back – and hopefully try the Pho next time.

Would have given it 5 stars, but they don't serve wine. My wife thought a white wine would have gone nicely with her meal. It is our understanding that they don't have a liquor license and we're not sure they're getting one. To some this may not matter, and we'll return regardless, because the food and service were good. Just pointing it out for those who might have a stronger desire for an alcoholic drink with their dinner.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

I was quite surprised when I went here to get some food. The price is good, not super cheap but not expensive either. Considering they are in a nice area the price is pretty good. I've had the bun and the banh mi sandwiches and they are very good. The inside is also very nice. I've been to some vietnamese places where it was maybe a B after a good washing, lol. The staff has also been very friendly as well.

1  Thank Travellermike986