“Great Margaritas!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I had my first margarita here, the staff were excellent in crafting one for me. Food was really good, although be prepared to walk out of a nice and cool, dark (not shady though!) indoor place and into the bright sun!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The best frozen margaritas in La. No pretense here. Just authentic Mexican cuisine. Been around for over forty years and is very reasonably priced. The restaurant is charming and kinda kitsch in its Mexican decor. Real atmosphere. The food is great. Fajitas are amazing! Have guacamole made at the table it is the real deal. Great chili Rellenos and the shrimp verde was delicious. Quaint and charming, warm and welcoming.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

A lot has changed over the past 10 years in this little enclave of Burbank near Warner Bros. There are now new hotels in the area and a few new restaurants. One thing that has not changed is Don Cuco, a "classical" Mexican restaurant on Riverside Drive, not far from the building where the Warner Bros. Studio Tours take off. It's absolutely pitch dark in the restaurant, which can be be a nice change from the blistering sun outside. We had a couple of combination plates and I had the sizzling chicken fajita platter which was absolutely delicious. We really enjoyed our meal and our entire experience at Don Cuco.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

The decor of the restaurant reminds me of mexico. I thought it was nice. The food was delicious. I read all the previous reviews and I didn't have any problems with service or food being rushed.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Don Coco Mexican Restaurant is a Burbank icon. it has been in the same location since 1969. the shotgun shape makes this place a unique spot to have a margarita. The food is a step maybe two above average, granted it was the rush and were quite busy. The presentation could be cleaned up a bit, seemed a bit rushed. The on the rocks house Margarita was very good, but when my drink arrived the underside of the glass smelled like the busboy or dishwashers hands and was greasy, A note to management. I sent it back and reserved comment for this review. I walked to the bar, had a clean glass Margarita, much better.. The interior is a bit tired, but the patio looks like fun. Too many servers and bus boys milling about though, and you must check out the bathrooms, boy did they get on tile!!!! Very Overpriced for what you would expect from the quality of food coming from the kitchen!!!