“Nice casual burger lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mo's - CLOSED

Mo's
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
“Nice casual burger lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Second time having lunch here while passing by from out of town. As with last time, burgers were good, we really liked the onion rings and sweet potato fries. Service was good. I love the restaurant decor (lots of wood). We enjoyed sitting in the "outside" seating area next to the street (some may find it a bit loud). Valets will park you in the adjacent lot but it can fill up.

• Visited December 2013

Los Angeles
“Friendly & clean but you can do better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is a pretty good place for brunch but lacks a few essential ingredients for my taste. First I am suspicious of places that are very quiet, when the next restaurant in the row is crowded. The menu has OK but not extensive choices. They have packaged their meals together so you actually get a lot less choice, which can be OK. It was about $16 a plate plus drinks for brunch with "complimentary champagne".

Brunch this time was only OK. They didn't offer some of the add on's I would have liked. The "famous" mash was not a great brunch accompaniment to my taste, they had very limited extras on the menu to customize your meal - it was basically, "take the combination we decide or don't".

On being told of a wheat allergy, they still included some sort of fruit bread as part of the meal. The omelet was uninspiring and I had to apply a lot more condiments than I normally would to make it palatable.

The clientele was spare but, to my mind, fascinating. I learned a lot more about gender reassignment services in Tijuana than I had even intended to due to a loud nearby table.

If its a lunchtime, try Umami burger right across the street. If you want a diner experience there are two within a block. This place is more style than substance.

• Visited November 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Always had bad luck here”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

This place seems to hire only actors who are there and then gone in a week. Thus, both the service and the quality of the food is crazy variable. Usually the servers are at least pleasant (in L.A., no one can take a risk of being unpleasant to someone who might be involved in your next acting job). I went there probably 8-12 times over the years, and frankly after the first time, only because other people I was with wanted to go, because this place never once impressed me. It was I think twice okay, and the rest of the time not acceptable as in, having to send things back. I'm talking blatant problems like rotten produce in salads. Once I was served a piece of meat that was unbelievably oversalted, I'd never encountered anything like that in my life, and I'm not really that picky; but it was absolutely inedible (not to mention having been also cooked into a leathery unchewable strap). This place ALWAYS served hot food cold, something which drives me nuts. On the plus side, this has a bar that makes absinthe cocktails. A lot of people seemed to favor this place for brunch, but again I really didn't get it, as if these people had never had a decent breakfast before. The bacon was always strangely cooked such that part was overdone and part underdone; that was weird. The potatoes were not as interesting as some people seemed to believe they were, in my opinion anyway. And the eggs were always overcooked (but that is so common that I am astonished when I am ever served properly cooked eggs).

• Visited January 2013
Sydney, Australia
“hello brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

HUGE portion sizes, definitely best bang for your buck. Not only was there decent sizing the food was top notch, if you order of the brunch menu you receive a continous flow of champagne and it was a reasonable quality tasty champagne - not what you would expect for free champagne. Highly recommend the omelettes and the breakfast pasta. Very attentive staff.

• Visited September 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Big portions!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

This place isn't very appealing on the outside, but on the inside it's a nice homey place. Everything you order is in a huge serving! It's good for sharing. I've tried the Skirt Steak Salad which was full of meat and goodies. I've also tried the Riverside Burger which has sautéd mushrooms and delicious...again HUGE portion.

All the burgers and sandwiches come with a side of a hefty amount of fries. Service is great, food is great, AND a big plus is they service alcohol here!

• Visited August 2013