“Disappointing”

Dining options: Reservations
Tucson
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Our plane had just landed and we were starved. It was an odd time of day which usually proves to be a good thing because you so often stumble upon happy hours and specials restaurants use to draw in guests. We found the Elephant Bar and decided to give it a try. Well there were no specials going on and the place was dead empty. The service seemed OK but there was no one tripping over anyone to serve us, no specials offered. There were a couple of gluten free options but only a couple. They did not look appealing. I asked if another option could have the sauce left off to render it gluten free. The waitress seemed confused. Hmmmmmmmm. The meal was good but lacking flavor of course. My bill came to $52.25. I paid $102.25. I had enough change in my wallet to leave a generous tip of $13. Waiters need to know that when a customer leaves an amount that will provide even change, in my case exactly $50, do NOT return with a bunch of ones!! Not unless the customer ASKS for ones or change!!! I was so angry that I left her the $10 ones I did not ask for and did not want and I put the $13 back in my wallet. She screwed herself out of $3 or 11% of her tip just for not thinking.

• Visited July 2013

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Friendly staff, decent food”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We stopped here twice. Once at night for happy hour and some people watching and then for lunch making our way to the airport. I wouldn't rave about the food, but it was good. I had cajun chicken and my husband had the Korean tacos. Staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Visited April 2013
Buena Park, California
“Good as usual”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Bring a coupon. Elephant bar always has good food but it always helps to have a coupon with you to offset the price. This location had a parking structure beside it which made it very easy to go in and out of the place. Service is good and not a lot of waiting when we came in. it's good to see a chain restaurant have the same good quality in food and service.

• Visited March 2013
Glendale, California
“This is not a wow”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

The food is average, not bad, not great. They have a miso Salmon whichis probably the best they have. Prices are average

Visited August 2012
Pegram, TN
“Consistently very good”
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Consistently a good stop for me in the Burbank area...lots of good food to choose from and the service is always great.

• Visited August 2012