“Will return for the lunch buffet!”
Review of Thai Kitchen

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Thai Kitchen
Ranked #208 of 436 Restaurants in Burbank
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This review is only for the Monday-Firday lunch buffet.

Usually after a meal at a buffet, I'm full and left with somewhat of a grossed-out feeling. Not at Thai Kitchen. I've been here twice with family and had great experiences both times. It doesn't get too busy here, which I really like because it gives the restaurant a laid back feel. Don't get me wrong - there were plenty of people coming and going during my time there. You see co-workers, friends, family, and solo diners, so there's a good mix.

My sister and I love the food here. It is like eating home cooking - except better than our mom's cooking. My brother in-law mentioned that he wants to take his parents to eat here when they come down to LA. Yes, the buffet is limited compared to others but it is good enough for me. It doesn't overwhelm you with too many choices. People who dine here tend to finish their food rather take a lot and then waste it like at other buffets. There's a small salad bar, a spicy salad, chicken curry, sour soup (not too sour), eggplant stir-fry, green beans and chicken stir-fry (mildly spicy), larb, pad thai, glass noodles, potstickers, and maybe at least 5 more dishes that I can't remember right now. There's also a modest dessert section. My favorites are the eggplant stif fry, green beans and chicken stir fry, and the spicy salad.

The parking lot is small and can be a pain. However, there is also street parking available. If I live closer to Thai Kitchen, I'm afraid I might eat here too often. I am already planning to come back...maybe this Friday. I recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves Thai/Asian food.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Tried their all you can eat buffet after seeing it on Yelp, and was disappointed. Limited number of dishes, taste okay, but not what one would expect as far as fresh. The Pad Thai was pretty much just noodles. They seem to be concerned about good service, but I was disappointed in the variety of food choices. The price is reasonable if you want to taste a few different dishes, but I would prefer dishes prepared one at a time, rather than just letting the food sit until it needs to be refilled. May go back, may not.

Reviewed 12 December 2012

Every time (and sometimes twice) I visit my children in the area (I'm from Baltimore) I go to this little restaurant in a very small shopping area. There are not very many Thai buffets, at least any where in the country I have been. Buffet or not this is wonderful food. The pork Larb is to die for. Thai is my favorite cuisine, and they make some of the best. There are a couple so so dishes such as the Pad Thai, but in general it is way above average for any Thai restaurant and absolutely fantastic for a buffet. There is a limited selection of maybe 15 or so dishes, but more than enough. It is only at lunch Mon. to Fri., but if you're in the area then make a point to stop. I was there on 11/30/12 and was thoroughly pleased. I have no problem recommending to everyone.