“Okay but not worth the money”
Review of Picanha Churrascaria - CLOSED

Picanha Churrascaria
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Barbecue, Brazilian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Third Street
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I used to eat at this restaurant very often several years ago when I live in LA so I was happy when I had the opportunity to come back for dinner while on a business trip. Overall a bit of a disappointment although not terrible. Had only one gaucho serving who was very nice but there should have been more servers as there was quite a bit of time between servings. Also the food quality although okay, was not nearly where it was a few years ago or up to other Churrascaria's. Relatively small selection of meats and the quality was not up to par either. Generally Churrascaria's are fairly expensive restaurants to begin with but when you think of all the selection and quality they are worth it. This wasn't.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We ate here yesterday, May 2nd, with a Groupon....... This is my second time eating here but the experience was nowhere as good as the first time.

The Groupon was $55 and was to include 2 glasses of wine... was good anytime Sunday-Friday.

First we walked in and were ignored... I finally found someone and asked if we could be seated... The place was virtually empty.

The gal who helped us was..... well to be "nice"; I'm thinking she doesn't understand English. She didn't want to accept the coupon..... She pointed out the days it was good for, so I told her: "Sunday-Friday?" When she agreed, I pointed out that it was indeed Friday.

She didn't want to give us the two free glasses of wine that was included on the Groupon (and we NEVER got those), she told me that lunch was $17.95 per person So that left me w/ a credit (which had to be used there and then) and I asked to order a bottle of wine, and she refused......

Finally she got the owner over and he told her to give us the wine, but she still was hesitant....

We then went to the salad/side dish buffet...... Not much of an offering: the pasta salad was dry, there were not toppings for the salad; the tabbouleh was mostly all greens with relatively no bulgar; the rice & beans were passable; hearts of palm salad was good; the shredded greens were not too bad either.

The beef was delicious, we stayed w/ the garlic steak, peppered steak, & tri-tip. The chicken was tasteless, and we passed on the sausages. The service here was slow, but after chatting up the carver (Remi), we got better service, until it was time for the check.....

It took forever to get the check...... Those girls were just rude & disinterested...... hence I didn't tip them, but I did tip Remi.

I'm not going back here again.

1  Thank Auntie-Nanuuq
Reviewed 17 February 2014

By far the worst Brazilian restaurant i had experienced. Most of the meet were overcooked and dry, the selection very limited and you had to wait as long as 10 minutes for the next selection to be brought to the table. We had to ask three time before the right cut of meat was served. The place has no character or atmosphere. You can get twice the equality in any good restaurant for nearly half the price.

Avoid this place, I do not think they can stay in business too long with this model!

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

For being brazilian myself i have experienced many churrascarias, food was ok, service was one of the worst, the drink girl did ok, but meat carvers were actually standing there conversating with about 7-10 intervals for them to come around, for $20 lunch it should be better, should be a $10 lunch and better service!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We came during lunch and we were the only ones there. The service was efficient and enough friendly, but we wondered where everyone was. The server was prompt about bring us the meats and appeared disappointed that we didn't want more. The meats were cooked well done, but we suppose it was because not that many people were there and they had to keep the food warm. The buffet is small with little choice.