“Worst Cup of Coffee I Ever Had!”

Romancing The Bean Cafe
Ranked #7 of 19 Coffee & Tea in Burbank
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I look forward to a 5PM coffee whenever we are together.

We prefer a small business to the ‘big box coffee shops’. Yesterday, we found ourselves at this ‘cute’ coffee shop in Burbank...and we were sorely disappointed! The coffee was cold and bitter! We won’t be back!

Reviewed 5 June 2018

This place has cool, hipster decor (very LA) but I wouldn't be going back there. I ordered a sesame bagel with cream cheese and bacon and some english breakfast tea, nothing too complicated. It was pretty pricey also, $11.50 for a bagel and tea. The girl that took my order told me they were out of plain bagels which I didn't mind as I didn't wanted a sesame bagel. I went to the table to sit down, this table was dirty with bits of food everywhere, I didn't see any staff members wiping down tables, it seemed like they were too cool to do that. I got my tea which was nice, but there was still no sign of my bacon and cream cheese bagel after 15 minutes. I eventually went up and complained and the girl brought it down to my table. The bagel was a plain bagel (I asked for sesame and was told they were out of plain bagels) and was cold from being sitting on a counter for too long waiting to be delivered. All I could taste was cream cheese and I opened up the bagel to see two tiny strips of bacon inside - this topped it all off. My tea was now cold at this point also. I won't be going back and I wouldn't recommend going here.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

We like to support independent vendors so whilst on a walk in Burbank we walked in.
The whole experience was anti-climactic.
The coffee was very good, but the food (Italian Hero sammy) was average.
The cherry on the cake was the attitude of the counter staff who were snooty and appeared disinterested. How about making a genuine effort?

Reviewed 3 March 2018

I thought the food and beverages were on the expensive side but I like to support small local businesses. The tables are very close together or group style seating so hard to have any private converstaion or not be distracted by neighbors conversations. Maybe I hit a day with many chatty people?

Reviewed 20 August 2017

I really enjoy Romancing The Bean. The drinks and baked goods I've had have always been wonderful. The food has been good and the ambience is great. I love meeting people here or grabbing a coffee while getting my toddler a "treat". I love how they have a children's table. That's very nice and welcoming.

They are somewhat pricey for what they are. I once paid over $10 for a sandwich that was literally eggs, cheese and a piece of lettuce. I thought it had prosciutto, but missed the additional line that said it was an extra $3. So that was a bummer and I don't get food-food here to often. Even the baked goods are each at least a dollar more than they should be... but they're still good. The only other issue I run into here when meeting people is that it's so popular that it's often hard to find a place to sit... but that's not their fault!

On the whole I really enjoy this place!