“Great location”

Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Huntington Beach, California
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

Perfect location to all that is Burbank and the studios! Disney, NBC,CBS. Great places to eat just steps away. The betel has great parking and very nice rooms. Ask for one away from the freeway side for more quite.
Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Dear JLMCELROY,

Thank you for the comments you posted about your recent stay with us. I am glad our location and hotel fit your needs. We appreciate you chosing us for your accommodations and we look forward to serving you again real soon.

With Apprecaition,

Michael J. Swaney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Cocoa Beach, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

We were checked in by young gentleman named Joseph. In an industry where travelers are a dime a dozen, Joseph greeted us by name throughout our stay.

Our room was clean and fresh. Although the hotel is right beside a major freeway, there was virtually no noise from the road in our room.

This hotel is very close to many fine restaurants in the downtown Burbank area. Very convenient.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Dear Cocoa_Beach_Lo,

Thank you for your recent posting about your stay with us. I am pleased that your accommodations and service was great. I will pass your comments on to Joseph. i appreciate you chosing our hotel for your stay and my team looks forward to the opportunity to serve you again real soon.

Pasadena, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

I stayed here with my husband for one night during a weekend. The room was very roomy - I stayed at a Residence Inn in Irvine before and the room in Burbank Residence Inn is bigger. Everything was very clean, nothing to complain about. The housekeeping staff was timely in bringing an item that we requested. Also, when we were checking in, the front desk agent was very courteous, and acknowledged that it was our wedding anniversary and gave us a free parking pass which we greatly appreciated. Also, they honored my request to be away from the freeway since there is construction on I-5.

Breakfast is decent, but I think I had better complimentary breakfast before. But it is complimentary, so why complain. =)

The location is great, as it is close to everything.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: I believe there is major construction going on right now (maybe up to October 2013). Request rooms...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jojo0215
Dear JoJo0215,

Thank you for the recent posting about your stay at our hotel. I am pleased that the room lived up to your expectations and that our service was great. Congratulations on your marriage. I will share your comments with my staff and I hope we get an opportunity to serve you again real soon.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

Convenient to Warner Bros Studio Tour. We stayed here with another couple and there was plenty of room We each had own own bedroom with ensuite with a small living/kitchen area between the bedrooms. TV in each area. Our room was a distance to the elevator and on the street side. It did not bother us but something others may want to consider. Lots of restaurants nearby and close to the Interstate. We would stay here again. Staff were very helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Dear Beach Yia Yia,

Thank you for your recent post about your stay with us. I am glad to hear that the accomodations met your needs. We do have nice spacious suites with kitchens and all the comforts of home. We are located right in the heart of beautiful Downtown Burbank. I will share your comments with my team and we look forwrd to serving you again real soon.

Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

Stayed here while attending a horse show at the LA Equestrian Center. Great service. Great Check-in. Rooms were very clean. Ours was next to the freeway and we could not hear a sound! Great location to explore Downtown Burbank. Great pool and firepit area.

Room Tip: Interior Courtyard room
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Dear KLAXLosAngeles,

Thank you for the nice comments you posted about your recent stay with us. I appreciate your feedback and will share this with my team. I'm glad you had a nice experience and we look forward to the next time we have an opportunity to serve you.

Upper Saint Clair, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

This was the second time my wife and I have enjoyed this hotel. It is well-located, in a safe area and within walking distance of numerous fine restaurants and stores on a street called San Fernando. The area is fairly level, making it desirable for a jogger like me.

We secured an outstanding discounted rate and we were most grateful that we were provided our room of choice, away from Interstate 5, facing the pool. Regarding the pool, on our final day, it was filled with leaves that had been swept into it during high winds. It was not suitable for swimming from the afternoon of 8 April and had not been cleaned by the time we departed at 11:00 a. m. the 9th.

The hotel was mobbed with spring break guests during our visit, making the breakfast area overrun at times.

The rooms are attractive and comfortable. There is plenty of counter space for toiletries. There is a sink outside the bathroom, which is a drawback because it precludes one from using it if there is someone in the nearby bed that wishes to sleep. The full kitchen, which is included in every suite, is a great convenience, and enabled us to store restaurant leftovers for a feast that we enjoyed before returning home.

The complimentary breakfast is comprehensive and satisfactory, but not as good as I had remembered it from my last visit here in 2008, during which there was a fresh fruit salad, including mango, which was offered every day. There was fruit during this visit, but on two days, there were no bananas. On our final morning and one other morning, there was delicious, fresh pineapple, but on others days, in its place was melon, which does not appeal to us.

The availability of coffee was a disappointment to me. It is offered in the rooms and during breakfast only. The hotel offers cucumber water and lemonade in the lobby, but not staple item coffee, which would be in greater demand. If one requests coffee before the formal breakfast hour begins, the stock response is, "It's not ready yet", and when it is ready, no one makes an effort to inform the guest or to go the extra mile to bring the guest a cup. I regularly stay at Homewood Suites hotels, which I have found to provide coffee virtually twenty four hours a day.

At about 1:00 a. m. Sunday the 7th, an inebriate who is believed to have been from a wedding party, pulled the fire alarm, causing a loud siren to sound and an evacuation of the hotel to occur, a disturbance to guests' sleep and a great inconvenience, though obviously not the fault of the hotel.

We received no housekeeping service Saturday the 6th.

There were few, if any towels available at the fitness center and the pool for the early days of our visit. The General Manager informed me that this occurred due to the spring break crush and a failure of a washing machine and dryer.

I was aware of and prepared for a $15 per night charge for parking, but this is such a sticking point with many guests that it would seem to me that it should either be incorporated into the room rate through an additional charge or absorbed by the hotel. This is the only Residence Inn at which I have stayed which charges for overnight parking.

On one morning when I went to the lobby to use the computer at 4:15, the front desk attendant was clearly asleep, with his head in his hands, having no idea that I was standing before him with a question.

Although the area of the lobby housing the computers would seem to offer twenty four a day availability as it should, lights are not turned on in the area until it is time for the breakfast buffet to begin. I do not understand why light would not be provided when it is apparent to the front desk attendant that someone is working in the area.

Most of the staff members were delightful, friendly, and guest-oriented.

Thankfully, and due in part to the ventilation system, sleep on our comfortable bed was uninterrupted by any noise. During the final two days of our visit, there was a dog in the next room which barked a great deal, beginning around 7:00 a. m. I love dogs as much as anyone and am a dog guardian, but I would be embarrassed to have an unruly dog in my room that disturbs other guests. That is why my wife and I do not take our dogs on vacation. There is a downside to a hotel being pet-friendly.

I generally recommend this facility for a nice stay as it offers value and quality for the price, but I would recommend that the guest be mindful of potential shortcomings I have described.

Room Tip: This is easy: request a room that is away from Interstate 5!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ospiegler
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Dear Mr. Spiegler,

Thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay with us. I am glad in general you enjoyed our hotel. As I stated in my previous response to your e-mail you sent me during your stay I appreciate the feedback and I will follow up on the short comings you experienced. We pride ourselves in giving the best possible service to all our guests. We are human and from time to time we make mistakes or come up short on our guests expectations. We cherish the comments we get from our guests as it is a way for us to continue to get better. I will follow up with my team and I hope we have an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Lynchburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

The Residence Inn in Burbank is in an excellent SoCal location. It is very easy to get anywhere from here as the I-5 is only a block away. It is also in an excellent location for walking and exploring downtown Burbank. We stayed here a year ago and enjoyed it then as well. However, I was surprised to see how much the place has aged in a year. The rooms are comfy and well laid out (2 BR suite, both visits) but the furniture is really looking worn and saggy and needs replacing. House keeping needs to step it up a bit. Someone dropped an almond in the hallway and it was still there 4 days later. The "included" breakfast is good--hot as well as cold choices. Large outside patio and pool area (this is SoCal after all). Parking is not "included" so be sure to figure the $15 per day fee in your travel budget.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Dear Collegevisitor 014,

Thank you for your recent posting. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our property and that you find the location and surrouding area a plus when staying in the Burbank area. We have been open for 6 years and due to our popularity we get alot of guests in and out of the hotel. We are showing some signs of wear and tear. We are scheduled for a renovation in the near future which will help give the hotel a newer look. I will also follow up with my staff on being a bit more detailed with cleaning practices. I appreciate your comments and we look forward to serving you again real soon.