“Business Meeting”

Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed 22 August 2013

This hotel was the location of our business meeting. The food is better than the other Marriott (courtyard) in Burbank. It is walking distance to downtown Burbank shops, restaurants and movie theaters. It is right of the 5fwy but the noise is very minimal. The lobby is small and they say they charge for parking but for the several times I have been there, I haven't had to pay (though I stayed all day - not overnight).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MJBautista
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear MJBautista,

I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you for your recent post about your experience at our hotel. I'm glad that your business meeting was a success and that the food provided at your meeting was good. Our hotel is in the heart of downtown Burbank which makes it an ideal location for travelers to experience all that Burbank has to offer. I appreciate your comments and we look forward to the opprtunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

My family stayed in a studio room for one night. Sofa bed is uncomfortable and not pre-made (sheets in closet). Room looks very nice, but space is tight - I think would be much better for 1 or 2 people only. The bathroom sink light is right next to the bed so is unusable at night without waking everyone. Also, the A/C unit blows right on the king size bed and the thermostat is across the room, so it was either too warm or too cold all night, though the mattress was comfy. Lots of outlets next to the beds for charging phones!
Decent breakfast in the morning. Parking is $15.
Note - would have preferred a 1 room unit, but used points for this room and the hotel will only provide a studio room and wouldn't allow paying for the difference to upgrade :(

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SkokieTraveller
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear Skokie Traveller,

I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you for the comments you posted about your recent stay with us. I noted your comments about the sofa bed and A/C unit to follow up with my owners so that they are aware of your concerns. We do schedule renovations and this information is valuable when it comes to making changes to fit the needs of our guests. I'm glad besides these 2 observations your stay was a good experience. We look forward to having thre opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

My husband and I were visiting our daughter who lives in Studio City, so we chose the Residence Inn in Burbank as our home base. My husband had stayed there before when he helped our daughter move into her apartment and they had a nice meal at one of the restaurants within walking distance.
On our recent visit, we found the hotel staff very friendly and our studio room was very comfortable with curtains to draw that kept the room dark for sleeping. The small kitchen had a good sized refrigerator and a coffeemaker, stove, etc. It was an easy trip to Studio City (considering CA highways) and we would definitely stay there again. The hotel has parking in a ground floor covered garage that is just outside the entrance that was convenient and safe.
We did not visit the pool, but multiple times I looked out at the (outside) pool and it seemed clean and inviting. The free breakfast was typical Residence Inn, which means a decent breakfast with tons of choices. Certainly better than some other hotel free breakfasts we have encountered over the years. I hope to be back in CA visiting our daughter again and it is the first hotel we will call.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Dear MrsStapes,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for all the wonderful things you posted about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm glad our location worked out for you when visiting your daughter. I am also glad that our spacious rooms equipped with a kitchen made your stay more comfortable. Complimentary breakfast and a safe place to park are one of many amentities we offer to make our guests feel like this is their home away from home.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Stayed 3 nights on vacation. Hotel is in nice, safe area, with lots of restaurants within about 1/3 mile walking distance (a couple much closer). We left at about 8:30AM on a weekday and drove to the parking garage at Hollywood & Highland with little trouble, without having to get on the freeways. Not the best location for visiting the beach areas - kind of a long drive, & freeways seem to be a mess all day long - but we went to Venice beach, and made it back okay (we got back to the hotel about 4 PM - before the worst traffic).

Hotel looks fairly new. Typical Residence Inn: good breakfast, helpful staff, no surprises. We were in courtyard side room & didn't hear traffic noise. Would probably stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jay083
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Dear Jay083,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for the comments you posted about your recent stay with us. I am glad our hotel met your needs and you enjoyed the surrounding Burbank area. I appreciate you choosing us for your accommodations and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again real soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

We stayed here recently for three nights. Because we were attending a wedding, we ended up with some free time on our hands, and this hotel was in a great location for walking to movies, restaurants and shopping. I was also impressed with the size and cleanliness of the rooms and although the hotel doesn't have a huge staff, they were very helpful and cordial during our stay. The free breakfast is a nice touch, although it seemed a little short. We had requested a quiet room when we made our reservation and were on the side of the hotel opposite the freeway, so it was very comfortable to sleep. If I have to return to Burbank for business or pleasure again, I'll definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Request a room that doesn't face the freeway or the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Soybert
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Dear Portland_Traveler21,

Thank you so much for your recent post about your stay with us. We are so glad that our hotel worked out for you. We are located in the heart of downtown Burbank which makes it easy for our guests to enjoy all that Burbank has to offer. I'm glad you found the staff helpful with your needs. We appreciate you staying with us and we look forward to serving you again real soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

We stayed here for one night and had a great experience. Although it cost money to park, the underground lot was safe and secure. My check-in experience was superb. The front desk was nice and made me feel special about being an elite member of the hotel chain. All my special requests were granted and the room was perfect and so quiet we could hear a pin drop the entire stay. We went for a swim in the evening and were the only ones in the pool, which was nice. Breakfast was good and hot and had a lot of variety. They had a highchair for us to use as well. We would definitely stay here again if we pass through Burbank.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DonnaMartinOriginals
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear DonnaMartinOriginals,

Thank you for the recent post about your stay with us. I'm glad our hotel met your needs. I will share your comments with my team and we hope we have the opportunity to serve you again real soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

If you a OK with just a shower - then please disregard this review.
This hotel has less than 20% of the rooms with bath tubs.
Of these rooms most are freeway facing or adjacent.

I personally want a tub and expect one as a standard configuration in a hotel room.
Marriott apparently has decided that just a shower is OK, and that they don't need to warn guests prior to booking the room.

I'll never stay at this place again. I'm not interested in the disappointment and argument about a tub. This ridiculous - I want my money back since I didn't find out about "showers only" until after I arrived - past the cancellation time. No where in the website or in the email confirmation did Marriott disclose that bathtubs were not available at this hotel.

Room Tip: Please see above
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo