“Great Place!”

Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stayed here weekly for about 7 months and they were fantastic. The staff was extremely friendly and they are always very accommodating. There is construction going on the hwy that they are right off of, so be prepared for that. It didn't bother me at all and I am actually pretty sensitive to that stuff, however everyone is different so just keep it in mind. It is a fairly new property so everything is contemporary and up to date. It is walking distance and so close to Downtown Burbank that you will never question what to eat. Downtown Burbank is full of restaurants and shops that it is truly a hotel in a great location.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are generally quieter during the week.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nadiya R
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Nadiya R.,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent post about your stay with us. I am happy that the hotel and nearby Burbank area met your traveling needs. Thank you for choosing our Residence Inn for your accomodations. I will share your comments with my team. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again real soon.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Very nice serviced apartments. The suites were spacious and all amenities were present. We got 2 two-bedroom suites and they were just perfect for our family of ten. Shops and mall nearby, short pleasant walk to the quaint little town.
Breakfast was typical of any Residence Inn..waffles, bagels, cereal etc. we were satisfied with the choices. On some nights they had the sundowner service where they serve complimentary beer and snacks such as hotdogs, nachos.
Parking wasn't a problem as they had lots of space for vehicles. Loved the location as it is basically a quiet community though accessible.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank trip_momma5
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear trip_momma5,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the comments you posted about your recent stay with us. I am glad that the hotel met all your needs. We are located in the quaint town of Burbank within walking distance to restaurants and shopping experiences. I hope this experience gives us an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

With Appreciation,

GM

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Reservation asked for a quiet room; at check-in I asked again for a quiet room, preferably on the upper levels. Was given a room facing the freeway onramp on the second level, with assurance that traffic dies down after rush hour. Well, the constant drone does die out, but it is replaced by the occasional loud noise of someone barreling down the (now empty) street.
Room price puts it in the near-luxury category, but that level of service is not delivered. Front-door is locked during the day; did not go out at night to find out why. The hotel charges for parking on the premises, and the receptionist will try to scare you out of finding street parking (which is available for free two blocks away).
Breakfast was OK, not great.
Did not stay long enough to experience the housekeeping, as I left after the first night.
would I recommend to a friend? no way.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank gpcd
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear gpcd,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the comments you posted about your recent stay with us. I understand you requested to be placed in a quiet room during your stay with us and unfortunately you were placed in a room facing the freeway. I apoloigize that we were unable to honor your request. We make every effort to honor our guests requests but we can't guarantee them due to the number of guests asking for certain types of rooms and to be placed in certain areas of the hotel. I can only assume that on the night of your arrival we didn't have any rooms away from the freeway side of the hotel. If we did have a quieter room we would of made every effort to accomodate you. When the hotel was built they triple paned the windows on the freeway side of the hotel to absord the sounds. You mentioned that the front door of the hotel was locked during the day. We have 2 entrances to the hotel and that particular entrance is locked during the day for the security of our guests. Being a downtown hotel we get people off the street who are not guests of the hotel that will come in and hang out in our lobby/gatehouse area. The entrance is accessable to our guests by them using thier keys to enter the hotel. There is also a button one can push and a Front Desk associate can open the door. We do charge for parking and you can park on the streets of Burbank for free but you cannot leave your car overnight on any street in Burbank or it will be towed. I understand that you left the hotel after the first night of your stay and I would of hoped you would of stayed long enough for us to try and move you to another room if one was available after your first night. I do thank you again for your comments and hope you understand that we try to make every effort to ensure our guests have a great experience. I hope you will reconsider and come back and try us again and see that we do care about each of our guests and that we strive to our very best.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

This is the 4th time we have stayed at this Residence Inn in Downtown Burbank. It is a great Marriott property. The customer service is always friendly, courteous, and helpful. The rooms are always fresh, clean, and well stocked. Even the Studio has plenty of room!! My only criticism is the breakfast. We attempted to eat their on a Monday and there was still 20 minutes left, and everything was getting put away. And we were not getting very welcoming looks from the breakfast staff. THIS is highly unusual for a Residence Inn. But that would not make me not want to return. I would happily stay here anytime I was in the area. It's in a great location, quiet and you have a view of the Burbank side of the Hollywood Hills. You are very close to the studios and just a hop off of Cahuenga Blvd to Hollywood. You really don't have to travel a freeway to get to Hollywood, Santa Monica, or Beverly Hills. Which is a plus in my book. And parking at only $15 and no tipping required (no valet) is another GREAT thing in this area. This property is great for business, couples, and families.

Room Tip: I find all rooms to be quiet. I always like a room on a higher floor and with a view of the hills.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cindy S
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Cynsmith 61,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent post about your stay with us. I am happy that you had a great experience and that the hotel and location met your needs. I will share your comments with my staff to let them know what they did well and what they can improve on. In regards to the closing of our breakfast 20 minutes early on Monday I think what might of happened is that our breakfast closes at 9am on Mondays opposed to 9:30am on Saturday and Sunday. The breakfast associates usually wait until about 10 minutes after the closing of the restaurant to start breaking things down. If you came down at 9:10 on Monday we would of been closed and the associates would of been breaking things down. I'm not sure if this was the case but nontheless I will follow up with my gatehouse team to make sure we don't close earlier then the posted closing time.

With Appreciation,

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed here 4 nights in August. Based on the photos of outdoor fireplace and pool I thought it would be nice. But, not nearly as pretty as pictured. Marriot properties seem to be slipping and I've moved to Westins. I hate to say this but we may had some small but expensive item that was stolen from the room as well,and, we did alert the manager, They said that their staff had been around along time and no such problems, so who knows?

Very average property charging a premium where it really is not warranted.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Scoobyscooter,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent post about your stay with us. I'm sorry the look of our hotel didn't live up to your expectations based on the photo's posted on our website. Our property just turned 6 years old and due to high occupancy over the years we are showing signs of some wear and tear. We are scheduled to have a renovation in the coming year which will refresh the properties looks. I appreciate your comments as they help us improve so that each guests has a pleasant experience. I was not the person you spoke to in regards to your missing items but would be more then happy to follow up with you.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Hotel is in great location . Pool is fine, breakfast is fine. Not impressed by anything else. First full day room was not cleaned . Complained and they apologized and sent someone to give towels . Next day housekeeping came and didn't leave toilet paper for one of the bathrooms. Oh by the way no lotion at this residence inn. Last but not least no blanket for pull out couch . We called to get one and they said there was one in the closet but we could come down and get one. Not one in closet . I was going to call down again but so angry for such bad service decided best not to at this time. . One more day in this low class Residence inn . Mr M would not be happy. Will be complaining to corporate. . Management obviously not the best .

Room Tip: If you don't mind bad service this is the place for you.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank jordan57
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Jordan 57,

I recieved your concern about your recent stay with us through our Customer Care Department and sent an e-mail to your personal address. I want to take this opportunity to say thank you for bringing the issues you encountered during your recent stay to my attention. I value your comments and I use them to help my associates get better when they have dropped the ball on customer service. I value you as a Rewards Member and I hope we get an opportunity to redeem your faith in us in a future stay.

GM

Reviewed 11 October 2013

A fantastic hotel where most of the Wedding Party, family, friends, and guests stayed. Our suite was luxurious with king-size bed, completely furnished kitchen, extra bed for guests, and desk for your computer.The hotel is near all entertainment centers, like Universal Studios, and all of the other centers are within a 20 minute drive.. A composite of Hollywood/Burbank graced one wall and you could picture many of these attractions. But we were there for David and Debra's wedding on Saturday, October 5, so our agenda was filled with wonderful family gatherings. We started each day with a very deluxe breakfast served every day with everything you might desire, and lots of variety.. Yes, whether you are touring the Hollywood Scene or, as in our case, attending a beautiful wedding held at the Los Angeles Equestrian Centerl. I definitely recommend the Residence Inn!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank tafknight
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear tafknight,

I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you for your recent post about your stay with us. I am happy that the hotel accommodations worked out for you. Our hotel is located in the heart of beautiful downtown Burbank. We are close to all the studio attractions. I will share your comments with my team and we hope we have an opportunity to serve you again real soon.