“Excellent Stay Close to the Airport”

Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Syracuse, NY
“Excellent Stay Close to the Airport”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I attended a conference at the hotel and conference center, and my entire experience was impeccable. Check-in was quick and easy, the room was clean and cool, and every aspect of the stay was great. Although I checked out at noon, my plane didn't leave until six, and they gladly stowed my bags for the afternoon. I also received a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport. The food at the Daily Grill Restaurant was also excellent. I would gladly stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
From start to finish, our top priority at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel is to ensure that our guests are happy. It’s wonderful to hear that our staff provided attentive service during your conference and that every aspect of your stay was memorable. We’d be pleased to have you stay with us again soon and we thank you for your kind review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We booked our hotel room last minute through Priceline and were not sure what we were getting into other than it had to be better than 3 1/2 stars. When we pulled up we were a little concerned as we drove up the street as the building from a distance looked a little older. As we pulled in though we were pleasantly surprised by the padded patio couches throughout the grounds and crystal clear pool that seemed to be calling our names. As we entered the hotel, the lobby was all you would expect from a high end hotel with lemon and orange water welcoming weary visitors and hotel guest eager to help the next customer. Our room was a typical hotel room and very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable with a multitude of pillows to suit your preference. We were concerned we would hear airplanes being across the street but we did not hear any inside the hotel! The food at the Daily Grille which connects to the hotel is phenomenal and the service from dining to hotel check in is top notch. We will use this hotel in the future!

Room Tip: We were in room 931 and it was on the top floor overlooking the small shopping center across the str...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Snap4710
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Thank you for your thoughtful acknowledgment of our staff and our property. We always enjoy reading about our guest’s experiences, their delight with our hotel and the superior service they received from our staff. Knowing that your experience has inspired you to return to the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel in the future makes us very happy. Thank you for the fantastic review and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 31 May 2013

My wife and I had the opportunity to view the taping of a tv show at Universal Studios and we decided to stay near the Burbank airport... Since we like Marriott's we decided to give the Marriott Burbank Airport a try. You cannot get closer to an airport than this... literally right across the street. We rented a car so we could tour LA but we certainly didn't have to have it to get to the Hotel.. In fact the rental car was farther from the airport than the hotel..

Now about the hotel. It is a bit older but very well kept and the staff were attentive and courteous. The rooms were neat and clean and the appointments looked fairly new. It was a holiday weekend and there were over 1500 guest for a convention... this filled the parking lot but that is the only negative we experienced all weekend.

They have an attractive lobby with a very nice swimming pool. The restaurant was good but that will be in another review.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bill F
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
We’re thrilled that you and your wife had the chance to sit in on the taping of a TV show – that’s so exciting! It’s great to hear that the convenient location of the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel made your trip even more enjoyable. We do apologize for any inconveniences you encountered due to a very busy convention weekend, and we thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and we thank you for your review.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

Was given an upgrade to a suite with plenty of room and good furnishings. Linens and mattress of high quality. The grounds are quite nice with outdoor fireplaces. The Daily Grill Restaurant has a good menu.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Michael C
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel. We’re very happy that we could accommodate you with a room that fully met your needs, where you could relax and unwind. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and we thank you for your review.
San Diego
Reviewed 29 May 2013

The hotel is located adjacent to Bob Hope Airport in Burbank. If you can fly into or out of here instead of LAX, do it. The hotel has a huge, beautiful lobby, with plenty of seating and meeting areas that are put to good use throughout the day. In fact there are numerous informal and comfortable sitting areas throughout the hotel ground floor. The hotel has a nice fitness room, and a nice pool area (no view). The rooms are standard Marriott, kept clean and up to date, with a nice bathroom and comfortable bed. The air conditioning works well and keeps the room from getting too warm at night (I usually turn the setting down to 69). There are two bar areas in the hotel – one small next to the meeting areas, and a larger one that fills up at happy hour from the local office towers. The restaurant on site is outstanding – excellent food and service. Unless you use valet, parking is a bit of a trek to get from the lot to the hotel. Check-in is quick and friendly – I have stayed here four times now, and three times I’ve been greeted with a choice of champagne or sparkling/bottled water…although sadly, not this last time. Being located out at the airport does limit the choice of walking distance restaurants. There are a number of fast food/casual dining choices across the street, but if you want more than that you will need to drive (but again, the Daily Grill has excellent food and service). The concierge lounge does a good job of keeping food and drinks available. If you’re looking for something close to touristy stuff, there are better choices, but otherwise this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Swamilama
Your wonderful suggestions and tips will be a great help to any future guests staying at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel and we absolutely appreciate you taking the time to share. We love hearing from our return guests and we are happy to hear that each time you have stayed with us you have been fully satisfied. Please come back and stay with us again soon and we thank you for your review.
Arizona
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights over the holiday weekend. Front desk was adequate and the room was clean. The view overlooked the roof of the main lobby but that didn't matter to me. Housekeeping did a great job. One night we ordered room service and the food was brought up hot and plentiful. The only issue I had was that when I went to go book the Universal Studios shuttle for the next day it was already full up until 10:00. Because I had a VIP tour set up at 9:00 we couldn't use the shuttle. This was a disappointment since I am visually impaired and couldn't rely on renting a car and hoped to avoid paying for a taxi. I chose this hotel specifically because it is a Marriott brand which I'm loyal to and wanted to make use of the free shuttle. The guest services employee didn't seem to care when I said that I had to be at the theme park before 10:00 to make the tour. He simply kept his eyes on his clipboard and told me that valet can call a taxi when I need one. On top of that, the taxi driver seemed to have gone the long route and I paid about $8 more getting to the parks than the taxi ride back. I felt like I got scammed. I had a great time at the park but in the future I will have to pay more money to stay at the Hilton or Sheraton which is within walking distance.

Room Tip: If you stay here during a busy time and plan to make use of the shuttle, book early if you can or do...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank CharliesPet
While it seems your stay at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel was enjoyable, we do regret that our complimentary shuttle to Universal Studios did not provide you with the necessary convenience you required. We do apologize for the service levels you experienced; they certainly do not reflect how our guests should be treated. Your suggestion to book the shuttle very early is helpful, as this service is extremely popular with our guests. We hope that we can regain your trust and welcome you back in the future, and we thank you for your review.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stayed at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport for 4 nights while visiting the Los Angeles / Hollywood area last week. First thing I needed to do was call down the desk and request a room fridge. They quickly brought me one explaining that it wasn't already there because they were busy, which kind of confused me as to the correlation, but it was a quick response so I was happy. After the second night I had to switch to the decorative pillows because the regular ones were causing me neck cramps, but that's simple. I found the small room to be slightly overpriced, but comfortable for my stay. I wish I had chosen a hotel that was closer to the Hollywood area (about a 20-30 minute drive), but that is my fault.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank B C
When exploring the area, you are correct – Hollywood is a short 20 minute drive from the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel, with many exciting places to visit in between. There may have been a slight misunderstanding when your mini-fridge was delivered, but we’re glad we were able to quickly supply you with one upon your arrival, and appreciate your understanding. We hope to be able to welcome you back in the future for another exceptional stay and we thank you for your review.