Let's get it out of the way--it's hard to retrofit an old building with central air conditioning. But while Marriott has spent considerable money upgrading the decor, beds and furniture (which all looks lovely) the floor-based air conditioning units are simply too out of date and loud for this hotel to market itself as a luxury venue (which it does, ad nauseum, while you hold on the in-room phone waiting to speak to someone about your loud air conditioning. The soundproofing for the airport noise is great--didn't hear a thing. But when the noise is in your room, there's not much you can do. We booked two rooms to house our group, and both rooms had the same issue. Staff advised that all rooms had the same air conditioning units.
If you get a good rate and are a sound sleeper, this is a perfectly nice Marriott. It does what you expect a Marriott to do, and the staff are as impeccably helpful as Marriott promises its staff will always be. New beds, no noise from other rooms or from hallways, nice lobby, good breakfast buffet (including highly entertaining omelette chef). But for us, the air conditioning was just too loud for me to give this hotel anything above an average mark. It worked fine and cooled the room, but I don't expect to have to use earplugs to sleep when I stay at a business hotel.
If I were running Marriott, I'd be progressively upgrading these rooms with wall mounted split-system inverter air conditioners. I'd have happily paid $20-$30 more for that option, and the energy savings alone would fund the cost within a fairly short time even without rate hikes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Receive movie star treatment at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport. Our 50,000 square feet of deluxe meeting facilities, 22 breakout rooms, four VIP boardrooms and convenient services make us a premier conference center in the city. Professionals and vacationers alike will appreciate meals at the Daily Grill in addition to our full-service business center, Media Lounge, valet parking and free shuttle to the Burbank Bob Hope Airport (BUR). Our Burbank hotel also has a state-of-the-art fitness center, two outdoor pools and shaded cabanas surrounding fire pits for a peaceful evening under the California stars. When it comes time to turn in, our two newly renovated California guest towers feature luxurious rooms with soft bedding for a sound night's sleep. Some of Southern California's hottest attractions, including Warner Bros. Studios, Universal Studios and the Hollywood Walk of Fame, are within easy reach when staying at our luxurious Burbank hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel Burbank
- Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel
- Burbank Marriott