“Very good, as before, with a slight lacking”

Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel to attend a sci-fi convention. This is my second trip here. This time, I was not upgraded to a suite, but had a nice room with a fabby view of the mountains and the airport, as well as the pool area below. The amenities were all there, and housekeeping kept everything neat and re-stocked. I loved having the ice machine right outside my door. Not noisy at all. The bedding is so comfy, although I rarely sleep well in hotels, I sure did here.

I ate at The Daily Grill three times, and even though friends told me it was expensive, service was slow, etc....I only had one bad experience. Cost was compensated for in big servings, I found the service adequate and polite (more so with Ryan on Thursday night-attentive, personable, and all together great).

The one bad night was due to the restaurant being exceedingly busy, so I was told I could eat in the bar. I was ignored there. It could have been because I saw only one very busy server. Good news- I went to Del Taco across the street and saved some money.

The gift shop has everything you could use or need. Well stocked even though the convention had a lot of people.

One gripe: last convention back in 2012, the hotel had a meal place on between the two towers, just for us to get quick lunches/snacks. There was nothing there this time. Maybe the convention bookers did not request that this time. Would have been nice to have though.

All in all, a very nice stay. I already miss that California weather.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel. We’re definitely pleased that your visit was comfortable and provided you with all the necessary amenities to make your stay memorable. We work very closely with event organizers to provide exactly what they request for each conference and we do apologize if the differences in this year’s show were not as pleasing. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again soon and we thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We had an early morning flight out of Burbank, so we spent the night before our flight here. My husband dropped me off at the front door so I could check in and he was going to wait for me to come back out. When I was finished checking in and exited the hotel our rental car was nowhere in sight. I called him and found out that he was not allowed to wait for me. Hotel employees told him he could not wait and therefore he had to leave. There were no parking spots to use while checking in, so he had to drive around while I was checking in. Needless to say, this was quite annoying and I have never experienced this at any other Marriott property - I've stayed at many as I am Platinum Premier in the Marriott Rewards program.

Check-in went smoothly and I was told I was being upgraded to a suite, but it was not ready. I was offered another room type in case I didn't want to wait an hour for the suite. I opted for the other room which was very spacious and seemed to be a suite, but just one room. Everything in the room was in working order, however the light fixtures in the bathroom were a bit corroded.

The property has two pools, and we were able to get a little sun before returning our rental car. The hotel is divided into two wings, with the lobby and a pool located between the two. The concierge lounge is on the first floor of one wing. I was given access to the lounge and the clerk who checked me in did not charge for parking since we were only going to have the car there for a short period of time. That helped to make up for my husband not being allowed to wait for me while I was checking in. We utilized the shuttle to the airport in the morning. Even though the hotel is basically across the street from the airport, we weren't bothered by aircraft noise.

Very convenient when flying out of BUR!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

We are so happy to hear that, for the most part, your stay at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel was enjoyable. We do apologize for any inconveniences, but as you can imagine, our Valet Service utilizes the front entrance of the hotel with many cars being ushered in and out. To reduce any sort of confusion, we ask that guests that prefer to self-park, not leave their vehicles idling in that area. We hope you understand. Thank you for letting us know that your stay was quiet and that the service levels you experienced from our staff were stellar. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I was at this hotel for 2 nights due to a business meeting in the hotel.

The pluses were that the property is easy walking distance of the Burbank airport, and it was certainly a comfortable room.

On the down side, the place looked a bit tired. I noticed many patches in the wall paper in the bathroom and some staining of the textured ceiling. No free wifi in the rooms (free in the lobby). Why is wifi free in a Motel 6, but you have to pay in a Marriot or a Hyatt?

The room was quiet despite facing the airport.

All in all an ok place, but nothing to rave about

Room Tip: Not about the room but about the restaurant, the "Daily Grill." It an excellent restaurant...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

We are thrilled to read that you fully enjoyed your meals at the Daily Grill and received a comfortable night’s rest while here. It is however, disappointing to read that there were a few cosmetic issues with your room and we will have our Maintenance Engineers look into prompt repairs. For future stays, we do offer several packages that include complimentary Internet access and we hope you will take advantage of them. Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

My son and I stayed here for 3 nights and the staff could not have been more helpful. Everyone was friendly and the entire complex was clean and we'll maintained. Very comfy beds too. It's directly across the street from the airport but there is no noise and the shuttle to the airport and Universal was very convenient.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed our services and amenities offered. Our hotel staff strives to create a memorable stay experience for all our guests and we’re pleased that you recognized their efforts in your review. We will gladly share your feedback with our staff and hope you visit the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel again soon.

Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a wedding. We had the best service ever here. When we were leaving we called the bellhop to come get our luggage. We told him we would pick up our stuff downstairs as our car was in valet. By the time we got downstairs we asked for our luggage so we can head out and they told us our car was already parked up front and our luggage was all loaded up in our car. My wife and kids walked out ahead of me and the valet attendant opened the doors for her and helped my wife get the kids in the car. *Best Valet Service we've ever had at a Hotel !!

• Stayed: September 2013

It really makes us happy to hear that the service you received while at our hotel was second-to-none. We’re thrilled that our staff made your stay 5-star worthy and added such enjoyment to your stay. We thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to welcome you and your family back for another great stay at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed for one night (Saturday) on my one night free a year certificate. Arrived at the hotel around 530pm, good experience with valet staff and front desk staff. They were very helpful in helping us figure out the best way to get to Hollywood. Put our stuff in the room and went to the Daily Grill for happy hour. Had a beer and a quesadilla before heading out for the night. The food came quickly and was good.

The grounds of the hotel and lobby area are very nice, modern and clean. The hallways and rooms seem dark and somewhat dated (popcorn ceilings) to me. In saying that though, it served it purpose. The room (927) was comfortable and spacious (2 double beds), clean and even though we were right next to the runway, we only heard one plane, so the noise was not a problem. It was a Sunday morning though so maybe that is why?

Check out was uneventful, all the staff we encountered was friendly and helpful.

I would stay here again if I needed a hotel in Burbank!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

We’re delighted that your recent experience at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel provided you with a quiet and relaxing stay. Our staff strives to provide the most thoughtful service to our guests and we will be sure to share your comments with them. Thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to having you stay with us whenever you return to Burbank.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

This hotel has absolutely everything you need! Close to the airport. Nice amenities in the room. A shuttle to/from the airport and the surrounding attractions including Universal and Downtown Burbank and my favorite, the NFL channel along with a plethora of other sports channels.

I was booked in a room that had access to the concierge lounge which I found to be a huge benefit to my stay. In the morning there was a full display of breakfast foods hot and cold with coffee and tea and juice. In the evening, there are hot appetizers along with cheese and veggies and a selection of drinks from the honor bar. Later on in the evening they bring out desserts for anyone with a sweet tooth. Along with the food, the concierge lounge has computers with printers for easy access of printing a boarding pass or anything else you may need.

There is one restaurant that also services room service called the Daily Grill. The food is delicious and there are quite a few options on the menu to keep you coming back!

Since I travel so much, I am always delighted where there is a fitness center open 24 hours. You never know when you need that 5am workout! There are 2 pools and a hot tub which makes the bit of free time I had very enjoyable.

Overall, this hotel is a great place to stay!

Room Tip: Totally worth it to spend a little bit of the extra money and have access to the Concierge Lounge.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank conquertheworld10
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

It’s wonderful that you were able to enjoy so many aspects of the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel that make it a great place to stay. From our complimentary shuttle to our two relaxing, outdoor pools, we strive to provide our guests with an outstanding stay from start to finish. Thank you for sharing your appreciation of our efforts. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and we thank you for your gracious review.