“Better than your average Marriott, but still a Marriott”

Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Monte Nido, CA
“Better than your average Marriott, but still a Marriott”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This hotel has some nice new touches, including a fun entrance with great seating areas, but the menu is still Marriott's and the rooms are clean but unexceptional.

Staff strived to be friendly, so kudos for that, but sometimes toward no clear end which ultimately served to confuse.

I think this is by far your best option for the area though.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
We’re pleased to hear our open-air lobby made your first impression of our hotel a good one. Overall, it seems like your stay was comfortable and we hope that during any future stays, you will let us know anything we can do to make your experience more enjoyable. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you return to the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

This is definitely a wonderful experience if you are looking for a home away from home. Rooms are comfy and comforters are lucious. Everyone from the valet to the bellboy to the front desk personnel were attentive and friendly. The concierge was the best. Great breakfast with a hands on attendant. The evening had wonderful appetizers and scrumptious desserts. Housekeeping was kind and asked if there was anything extra needed. Wifi was a bit slow but fine. Everyone was super nice and I would recommend this location to anyone that is staying in Burbank. I love the Starbucks in the morning. I do wish they were open at lunch time with some sandwiches, but I definitely was thrilled to grab coffee early. I overheard a lady complaining and thought to myself, she must want sonething free. Not everyone can be pleased but I certainly was and look forward to my return next month.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your fantastic review of the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel. We certainly strive to please all of our guests and we thank you for sharing that there were so many positive parts of your stay, making your visit feel just like you were at home. During any future stays, we hope you will visit the Daily Grill to experience the delicious lunch menu that they offer. Thank you again for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I booked the hotel because it offers free shuttle to Hollywood studio, and I am an elite member of Marriott. I booked 2 rooms for 2 nights. My experience with this hotel started negative at first, but then turned positive by the time i checked in.

Negative: The refrigerator and microwave that I asked for turned out to cost extra $20 per night. I called 2 days before to reserve the shuttle (I was told 1 day before is enough when i booked the hotel). there was not enough room for 9am or 11am shuttle, only the 12pm shuttle, which only give half a day for universal studio.

Positive: I expressed my dissatisfaction, and gave the representative my feedback so that they can do better next time. The representative (didn't get his name) stayed nice and put my to a supervisor quickly. Obviously he talked to the supervisor and explained my situation, as the supervisor, Robert Duran, already knew the situation when he got on the phone. All in short, Robert resolved all problems and said he will do everything he can to make our stay a happy experience, which he did. Our whole stay was very pleasant and smooth. I was able to meet Robert when I checked in and checked out, and thanked him in person.

Overall I am very satisfied with the hotel after the stay. When I stay at Marriott, most of time everything goes smoothly. When it doesn't, Marriott tried to make it right for you. A peace of mind when you stay with Marriott.

The only reason I put 4 star instead of 5 is that everything costs extra: parking, WiFi, breakfast. It can add up if you stay for more days, and can be expensive for many people. This may be location related.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
It was our pleasure to have been able to work with you during your stay to help create the most enjoyable experience for you at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel. We appreciate your understanding and for reaching out to management with the issues you spoke about. It is our goal to continuously provide our guests with an exceptional experience from check in to check out and we hope you will stay with us again soon; it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed here 3 nights in April and loved it. We read other Trip Advisor reviews before we came ... and I have no idea why some people would rate it so low. I think they write toxic reviews everywhere they stay. LOL We stayed in the tower furthest from the Burbank airport and never heard a plane. The staff was wonderful ... and I'd like to give a "shout-out" to Markus Buettner (Director of Rooms). On our last day at check-out he helped us with the traffic conditions on his computer (back to LAX) and sent us off with complimentary Coffee and Rolls. I like it when they go the extra mile. I also appreciate the complimentary USA Today newspaper. There are 2 gated exits leaving the Marriott parking lot. Take my advice .... go out the furthest Exit ... I think it was Thorton Ave. which gives you more options than the closer Exit. We made that mistake ... and ended up at the Airport with no place to turn around ... except to drive the entire loop. Bottom line for the Burbank Marriott Hotel .... I would stay here AGAIN . ~ Ron ~ from Santa Rosa, CA

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
The personalized service that our staff provides is second-to-none and we’re so pleased that your stay was made enjoyable by their efforts. Receiving feedback from our guests, positive or otherwise, is so important as it enables us to critically assess our performance and understand where we need to make improvements. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel very soon and we thank you for your review.
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I spent a week at this hotel.
Location is a little too far away from all the action in Hollywood/Beverly Hills Area, but not big deal, 15-20 minutes by car and problem solved.

Clean is all i asked, and this hotel got it, no problems whatsoever. Elevators superfast, people at reception very friendly.

Only downside was: Parking lot, 18 dlls per night. and no free Wifi

There is a Dennys right across the street where you can have a great dinner at a great price.
And for the shopping, i recommend The Americana At Brand Mall, located in Gleandale, its a super nice outdoor shopping mall, whit excellent stores, and superb restaurants (FRIDA is the BEST in Mexican food)

Overall i had a good time here at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport.

Room Tip: There are 2 main buildings, east and west side. if you do not want to walk a lot from the parking lo...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jorge_Garza_Lomeli
Thank you for your valued feedback. It’s wonderful to hear that while staying at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel, you were able to enjoy the stylish comfort of our rooms, our friendly staff and our superb location. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future!
Hayward, California
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is a nice hotel to stay at if you intend to go to Universal Studios. They have a free shuttle that can take you to the park. We asked for a king size bed when we made our reservation but they still gave us 2 double beds. The other downside is their parking fee of $18 even to hotel guests but they were able to comp it for us and give us free wi-fi so we're happy!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
It’s wonderful to hear that our great location and complimentary shuttle to Universal Studios Hollywood worked out so well for you. We do apologize that your accommodations did not meet your expectations and we encourage our guests to let us know immediately if there are ever problems with their stay. We hope you will join us again at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel in the near future and we thank you for your review.
Cascais
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Spacious, clean rooms, friendly staff, great location, low prices. It is very difficult to choose the right location in L.A. because of the layout of the city itself, but this one seemed just right for me. For my previous stay I chose a Downtown hotel, but this was a much better choice. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you so much for your kind recommendation of the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel. We certainly appreciate you sharing how much you enjoyed not only our comfortable guestrooms, but our attentive staff. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again and we thank you for your review.