“Great service and very nice rooms”

Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great service and very nice rooms”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We booked this hotel for the location (which is a HUGE bonus: you can literally walk to the airport and Amtrak station from here.. less than 10 minute walk each.. but there is also a shuttle), but we were blown away by how nice our room and stay was. Incredibly friendly staff at check in and in the concierge lounge. We checked in late, but the lounge was still open (until 10pm) and stayed open a few extra minutes to accommodate us. The restaurant inside, The Daily Grill, serves a full menu until 9 pm, but appetizers and select items at the bar until midnight. The room itself was also very nice and clean. There is free breakfast only within the concierge lounge, but it was a great spread that was constantly being refilled. The pool area is beautiful with lots of comfortable seating and at night they have fire pits to sit next to. Will definitely stay here when in Burbank again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelcal033
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for your great review and photos of your stay. It was wonderful to have you here and your kind comments about our staff and hotel are very much appreciated as this is the experience we strive to deliver to all of our guests. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel on your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
CHICAGO
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Each year I visit and stay at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport to speak at the Southern California Genealogical Society's Jamboree conference. I absolutely love this property and it really has become my favorite in the Marriott portfolio.

From the minute you pull up at the front in your car to the time you leave, you are made to feel welcome and the staff is always friendly. On this year's visit I also noticed a big change in the staff at The Daily Grill, the restaurant on property. There seemed to be new servers and they were not just efficient but also were happy you were visiting.

There's really not much I can "ding" this property on - one elevator in my tower was broken on Thursday evening but by Friday morning it was fixed. If I had any problems, I knew I could call and it would be corrected.

I was early to check in and the room was not ready so I hung out in the lobby with other genealogy colleagues and friends - during the wait, several managers and staff members stopped by and said welcome and asked if I needed anything.

You can't go wrong at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank - its staff is its best asset and the reason I keep coming back!

Room Tip: I stay in the East Tower - I believe some floors on the West Tower were being renovated - this is ju...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
It is wonderful to read a glowing review such as yours as this is the experience we strive to deliver to all of our guests. The greatest compliment we could receive is that a guest decides to return based on what we feel are the highlights of staying at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel. We are happy that you had the opportunity to stay with us numerous times and we can’t thank you enough for your continued loyalty. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back for your next Southern California Genealogical Society's conference.
scottsdale
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Very friendly staff. The room was a good size and clean but you could hear the shower from the room next door. This could present a problem if the people next door take early showers. The buffet breakfast had a very nice selection with both hot and cold food but the concierge lounge where it was served was too small. There was a convention in the facility which didn't help. The food was refreshed on a regular basis so there were no shortages.

The lounge reopened later in the day and the real treat was the cakes and pies that were available during this time along with coffee, tea, soft drinks and liquor.

Across the street is a food mall which includes Denny's, Panda Express, Subway and a Japanese and Greek restaurant. If you're looking for a real treat try Din Tai Fung Dumpling House at 177 Caruso Ave in Glendale only fifteen minutes from the hotel (on Brand Ave.) which I dined at while in Singapore.

Room Tip: On your reservation ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for your great review. It was wonderful to have you here and your kind comments about our staff and hotel are very much appreciated as this is the experience we strive to deliver to all of our guests. We are delighted that you enjoyed our delicious desserts and breakfast buffet. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel on your next visit to the area.
Sacramento Valley
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I had the opportunity to be in the area for business at one of the local studio lots. From this property it was a quick drive down Hollywood Way. Check ih was o.k. My room was a mid way up with a view of the AC/HVAC systems. The room was the old Marriott style. Items a bit dated. Cleaning was good. Water pressure good. Lighting was a bit poor. Bed was okay. LCD TV had many channels. There was some leak down the hall because they had some huge fans blowing a lot. This property hosts a lot of conventions and when I was there from a Friday through Saturday, there were two big events. Seminar for Screen Writers and Casting for Kids. The parking lot gets full when they have a event at their convention center. I notice some people park, pay the daily rate and take the Marriott shuttle to Burbank airport. The shuttle is a plus and I had to take a flight out and back during my stay. On weekend evening returning late to property it was difficult to find a parking spot. The concierge lounge was okay nothing special. The food was average and service okay. Within a week I stayed at the Renaissance in downtown the Phoenix and their lounge was ten times better than this property. I think my rate at the PHX property was less too. I would also stay at this property if I could get a killer rate. I have stayed at the Universal Sheraton next to NBC Universal where I had a better stay or if you do not mind paying more, there is the Amarano Hotel near Toluca Lake.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SeminarTrekker
Thank you for sharing your impressions and photos of our hotel and letting us know about those aspects of your stay that you enjoyed as well as those that you were less impressed with. Our hotel offers guests easy access to the area attractions while providing a quiet place to unwind after a busy day. We hope you'll choose to stay with us again sometime in the near future so that we can provide you with a stay that exceeds all your expectations.
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The staff was friendly and very helpful, I needed directions to our company meeting, and the front desk was very helpful. Room was clean, as ever Comfortable. Marriott is a great brand, and staying here, was a great experience added to my business travel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
It was a pleasure to have you stay at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel for your recent business trip to the area and we thank you for your feedback. Your kind words for our staff and property are sincerely appreciated. We couldn't be more pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay here and hope to welcome you back soon.
Chicago Illinois
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The Hotel had decent bedding, Amenities, Ok help and decent sized rooms. IF I had to go back to the LA area again I might stay there again.

I hate to put other things in the review but the city of LA and cities around LA were a Joke, Honestly. I have Lived in Chicago for 40 Years and NYC for 5 (Chicago now and forever) and Honestly I would NEVER travel to the area again! I know some people think there would be some stupid reason but there really is not. The people truly are "Plastic" and rude. People have No IDEA how to treat other people except their so called friends and I honestly would not doubt they back stab them either. Crime??? In Chicago you have n5 or 6 "out of the way "Hoods" that are terrible and the rest? Really Nice, which is 95% of the BIG City. New York about the same. LA? Except for the super rich areas (very few) I would not give you a dime for. Chicago and NYC have GREAT Architecture, Chicago mainly and so many world class Museums and venues vfrom music, Parks, Sports Orchestras, Theatre and Green areas. Chicago alone has over 600 Beautiful Parks and some are one of kind. Millenium Park is unreal, Lincoln Park is Not only much larger than Central Park in NYC but has a golf course, Boating, Beaches, Soccer, Baseball a Fairly Large FREE Zoo and so much more, Grant park has one of the Biggest fountains in the WORLD, A really cool New Skating area (track) and is right in front of the Beautiful City. The Museum Campus is a BIG Beautiful Park with rolling Hills, Three World Class Museums, soldier Field (The Bears) The Lakefront and so MUCH MORE. Anyhow.... I can go on for hours. LA is nothing But a big Suburb. If you are one of the 1% in the IN crowd your ok, If Not......,. forget it. I am sorry to say all of that. I really Looked forward to seeing it and I stayed there for 4 months. It just was NOTHING like NYC or Chicago, sorry.

Room Tip: Go to a different area but the same type Hotel would be fine.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us about your stay in Los Angeles. Our hotel provides guests with easy access to local area excitement while offering them a serene location to return to at the end of their evening. We are sorry to hear that your experiences in Los Angeles were not how you expected and hope the next time you stay with us you will reach out to our Concierge who are always available to assist you with the best locations and attractions to see while visiting. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting the area.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I recently stayed at Mariott Burbank because it was right down the street from a 50th wedding Anniversary. It was nicer than I expected and everyone was very nice and helpful! The Valets were especially helpful! I don't think I had ever seen girl Valets before but Veronica and Natalie were awesome! One of the nights i was headed out and forgot my Jacket the offered one of their Valet Jackets even ran about a 1/2 mile to get me a fresh one and were very friendly from check in to check out! The rooms were nice too!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
We couldn't be more pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay here at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel. We are committed to providing our guests with superior service to ensure their visit is the best it can be and we are pleased to hear that we did just that. We thank you for your great review and hope to welcome you back soon.