“Standard Marriott quality, but the housekeeping service...”

Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
West Jordan, Utah
“Standard Marriott quality, but the housekeeping service...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I've stayed at several Marriott properties around the country in my business trips. They are all the same in terms of quality of facility, beds, bathrooms, etc. This was no different during my recent stay at the Marriott in Burbank, California near the Bob Hope airport. I had been working early mornings through the weekend and had a rare sleep in opportunity on Monday morning before an afternoon flight. At 8:13am, while still asleep, there came a knock at my door and almost immediately it opened and I heard, "Housekeeping." I croaked out, "Hello?!?!" then heard, "Sorry." The door closed and I was left awake wondering why the heck housekeeping was making their rounds so early in the morning.

I won't hesitate to recommend this hotel, but just be aware that if you plan to sleep in, you may be jolted awake!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for your review and your continued loyalty. We strive to provide a positive experience for all of our guests and we appreciate your feedback. Please accept our apologies for our house keeping staff disturbing your rest. We will share your comments with our management team as we are always looking for ways to improve the experience for our future guests. We appreciate your review and we hope that you’ll allow us another opportunity to welcome you back again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Platte City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Lets be honest, usually, airport hotels are seriously overpriced and seriously underwhelming. While I wouldn't classify my room as cheap, they blew away my expectations of service.

To start, they told me I was the "customer of the day" and given free Concierge Lounge access. While it was a cute gimmick (I mean seriously, the front desk clerk could barely keep a straight face when I cracked up), it was very much appreciated. A few free drinks after a long day of travel and a nice breakfast spread in the morning goes a long way, seriously.

Then, every employee there was smiling. They opened doors, said hello, and made sure everything was going well. Not to mention the public areas were about spotless, as well as tastefully decorated.

The pool area was very relaxing to sit by, the fire pits all over kept it comfortable despite being a bit chilly, and the restaurant bar was open late and served some surprisingly tasty food. Then, the bed hit the spot. It was perfect for me, and I generally cannot sleep well in hotel beds.

The location was perfect. Walked from the airport to the hotel (or could take a shuttle), and then we walked to the Amtrak station the next morning.

Seriously, well done.

1 Thank thepaul500
Thank you for your terrific review of our hotel and letting us know about those aspects of your stay that you really enjoyed. We are pleased that you found your room and bed to be comfortable and our staff to be friendly. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel the next time you are visiting the area.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

stay here for 2 nights and im impress about the service and how friendly the staff from the main entrance to check in and up to the room. The concierge lounge buffet selection is great and movie nights on the pool makes my kids happy.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 288Bayarea
It was a pleasure to have you and your family stay with us at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel. Although you were here for a short time, we are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your great review and we hope you have the chance to visit us again soon.
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We booked this hotel for the location (which is a HUGE bonus: you can literally walk to the airport and Amtrak station from here.. less than 10 minute walk each.. but there is also a shuttle), but we were blown away by how nice our room and stay was. Incredibly friendly staff at check in and in the concierge lounge. We checked in late, but the lounge was still open (until 10pm) and stayed open a few extra minutes to accommodate us. The restaurant inside, The Daily Grill, serves a full menu until 9 pm, but appetizers and select items at the bar until midnight. The room itself was also very nice and clean. There is free breakfast only within the concierge lounge, but it was a great spread that was constantly being refilled. The pool area is beautiful with lots of comfortable seating and at night they have fire pits to sit next to. Will definitely stay here when in Burbank again!

1 Thank travelcal033
Thank you for your great review and photos of your stay. It was wonderful to have you here and your kind comments about our staff and hotel are very much appreciated as this is the experience we strive to deliver to all of our guests. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel on your next visit.
CHICAGO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Each year I visit and stay at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport to speak at the Southern California Genealogical Society's Jamboree conference. I absolutely love this property and it really has become my favorite in the Marriott portfolio.

From the minute you pull up at the front in your car to the time you leave, you are made to feel welcome and the staff is always friendly. On this year's visit I also noticed a big change in the staff at The Daily Grill, the restaurant on property. There seemed to be new servers and they were not just efficient but also were happy you were visiting.

There's really not much I can "ding" this property on - one elevator in my tower was broken on Thursday evening but by Friday morning it was fixed. If I had any problems, I knew I could call and it would be corrected.

I was early to check in and the room was not ready so I hung out in the lobby with other genealogy colleagues and friends - during the wait, several managers and staff members stopped by and said welcome and asked if I needed anything.

You can't go wrong at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank - its staff is its best asset and the reason I keep coming back!

Room Tip: I stay in the East Tower - I believe some floors on the West Tower were being renovated - this is ju...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
It is wonderful to read a glowing review such as yours as this is the experience we strive to deliver to all of our guests. The greatest compliment we could receive is that a guest decides to return based on what we feel are the highlights of staying at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel. We are happy that you had the opportunity to stay with us numerous times and we can’t thank you enough for your continued loyalty. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back for your next Southern California Genealogical Society's conference.
scottsdale
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Very friendly staff. The room was a good size and clean but you could hear the shower from the room next door. This could present a problem if the people next door take early showers. The buffet breakfast had a very nice selection with both hot and cold food but the concierge lounge where it was served was too small. There was a convention in the facility which didn't help. The food was refreshed on a regular basis so there were no shortages.

The lounge reopened later in the day and the real treat was the cakes and pies that were available during this time along with coffee, tea, soft drinks and liquor.

Across the street is a food mall which includes Denny's, Panda Express, Subway and a Japanese and Greek restaurant. If you're looking for a real treat try Din Tai Fung Dumpling House at 177 Caruso Ave in Glendale only fifteen minutes from the hotel (on Brand Ave.) which I dined at while in Singapore.

Room Tip: On your reservation ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for your great review. It was wonderful to have you here and your kind comments about our staff and hotel are very much appreciated as this is the experience we strive to deliver to all of our guests. We are delighted that you enjoyed our delicious desserts and breakfast buffet. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel on your next visit to the area.
Sacramento Valley
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I had the opportunity to be in the area for business at one of the local studio lots. From this property it was a quick drive down Hollywood Way. Check ih was o.k. My room was a mid way up with a view of the AC/HVAC systems. The room was the old Marriott style. Items a bit dated. Cleaning was good. Water pressure good. Lighting was a bit poor. Bed was okay. LCD TV had many channels. There was some leak down the hall because they had some huge fans blowing a lot. This property hosts a lot of conventions and when I was there from a Friday through Saturday, there were two big events. Seminar for Screen Writers and Casting for Kids. The parking lot gets full when they have a event at their convention center. I notice some people park, pay the daily rate and take the Marriott shuttle to Burbank airport. The shuttle is a plus and I had to take a flight out and back during my stay. On weekend evening returning late to property it was difficult to find a parking spot. The concierge lounge was okay nothing special. The food was average and service okay. Within a week I stayed at the Renaissance in downtown the Phoenix and their lounge was ten times better than this property. I think my rate at the PHX property was less too. I would also stay at this property if I could get a killer rate. I have stayed at the Universal Sheraton next to NBC Universal where I had a better stay or if you do not mind paying more, there is the Amarano Hotel near Toluca Lake.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SeminarTrekker
Thank you for sharing your impressions and photos of our hotel and letting us know about those aspects of your stay that you enjoyed as well as those that you were less impressed with. Our hotel offers guests easy access to the area attractions while providing a quiet place to unwind after a busy day. We hope you'll choose to stay with us again sometime in the near future so that we can provide you with a stay that exceeds all your expectations.