“No roaches... But no water pressure either!”

Ramada Burbank Airport
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Okay everyone, I'm not a fancy- pants kind of gal when it comes to hotels. I usually go cheap, as I'm never in the room and always out exploring wherever the heck I am. I DO, however, require a bug free and reasonably clean environment, so this is what I base my reviews on. I was here for 2 days/ nights for a family matter and it suited my needs for my quick trip... Sort of...

THE GOOD
Free shuttle from Burbank Airport
They allowed me to check in at 9:30am for no extra cost
Conveniently located near highway & a 20 minute drive from Hollywood, Universal, etc.
Surprisingly fresh, comfortable bed & pillows
Friendly staff
Lobby computer/ printer for your flight needs
Rooms have the "basics" (ion, safe, blow dryer, & toiletries from the San Francisco Soap Co. including shampoo, conditioner, face soap, bar soap, body lotion, & mouthwash), pool looked clean (I didn't swim), sink area was separate from toilet/ tub (this is important when 2 people are hurrying to get ready- It's a real "marriage saver!" LOL
Room was truly non- smoking and didn't have that "old smoke" odor that I find in quite a few older establishments

THE BAD
The "Whispers" bar and was only open until 9pm (Who wants to unwind w/ a glass of wine before 9pm?!)
Hallways were old, & had uneven, damp, & moldy carpet (watch your step in heels, ladies!)- Halls needs quite a bit of cosmetic updating & repair
People would stand in the hall and smoke, which defeats the purpose of a non- smoking room
Room was OLD- Carpets were stained, stretched, & had holes, the sofa was aged & saggy
The worst part was the bath- The racks were crooked & falling out of the walls, there were rust/ water stains in the tub, and mold growing in the corners, grout, and on the ceiling. EW. There was no water pressure at all, so shampooing my hair was a 20 minute process

So, not the best. Have I been in worse? YES. Fine for a quick trip on a tight budget, but I wold recommend elsewhere if you have kids or can afford slightly more. It seems that a lot of Ramada's are going downhill, and this one is not an exception.

Room Tip: Request non smoking on a higher floor by the pool
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Let me just say that this was SUPPOSED to be a 4 star hotel according to the website that I booked with! I would say it would a be a 2 star hotel at best! Hair in the sink on the sink....trashy bathroom.. LOUD HWY noise...ANNOYING air conditioner. It was really a terrible week! I would NOT recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jasonk7777
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Specifics are below. It might seem like a good price. You can even get 15% off by filling out a registration form online and then not finishing the reservation. They will email you with a last chance price that is 15% off their original lowest price. After staying there I think they should have paid me.

My stay was miserable. It was so noisy and smoky that I got little sleep (only about two hours). I was supposed to be staying two days but only stayed one night and ended up leaving the conference early. I would not suggest to anybody that they stay at this hotel except for my annoying neighbors.

Good: Cheap room.

Bad: Pretty much everything else. The parking lot is comprised of mostly tight “compact” spaces. Try parking your SUV or large sedan and you will not like it. The outside of the place is rather dumpy looking. Walking into the lobby it was dark and dreary. The courtyard is comprised of cement paving stones and is completely blocked off with fencing. If you look at the website they show a beautiful pool adjacent to a well groomed courtyard and list it as one of the amenities. It does not look like the pictures and it does not look like the aerial photos. It looks like Beirut. According to the desk man they are turning the courtyard into a parking area. The guys at the desk were nice enough and told me the best place to park, etc.

Noisy, noisy, noisy. My room was about 300 feet from the freeway. However, because there is a notch in the roof line of the building a direct line-of-sight distance to the freeway was 383 feet away (upper floors). It appears that freeway sounds enter the courtyard area which acts as an amplifier. It sounded like I was sleeping on the freeway.

Be forewarned: They allow smoking and you can tell it by the stench.

Now a quick list in no special order: One elevator is broken, the shower water pressure was terrible, the pillows were hard (like Fred Flintstone rock pillows), the carpet was sticky and threadbare in places, the grout in the bathroom looked like a Petri dish, wall paper was peeling off the wall, people were smoking in non-smoking areas and the front desk did nothing, my room smelled like cigarette smoke and continued to reek all night long producing a terrible headache (bring extra strength Excedrin), the door to room did not fit the frame properly and you could look out the door (and presumably in) when the door was shut. I tried to iron a nice shirt. The iron dripped water which was full of rust – messed up the shirt.

I went to eat breakfast at 6:30am (opening time). All the lights were off. The desk guy said, “Oh, it should be open in a few minutes.” The maître-de/waiter came out a few minutes later. I asked if he was “ready to cook?” He answered without a smile, “6:30.” I stood there and he waved at the dining area and said, “Anywhere.” He was a man of few words who did not seem happy that I showed up at 6:30am. Maybe he was not happy that he showed up late to work. He did seem much friendlier to another group of diners who showed up a little later. The breakfast was served quickly and to my order. The bacon was really good. The jelly from the little jelly packet was a special antique jelly. It was the kind of jelly that has been around so long that it is not really a gel but more of a congealed mass. However, with a little work I managed to spread it around my bread.

Room Tip: See review above about noise. To get a good room I suggest going to another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

1  Thank Susan W
Reviewed 27 February 2014

1  Thank Bradhd R
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Having actually been a part owner in a travel agency I was very disturbed of the condition of a Ramada Hotel. Unfortunately I was in a position that I had no time to move to another hotel. Rust in the sink and Tub, Torn wall paper, load air unit, and many ants in my room. The grounds of the property looked like it was struck by a hurricane and never repaired. I will not stay at that location ever again. I travel to Burbank 8 times a year and will stay elsewhere. I own 3 businesses so understand the importance of input. Hope that help the place was a proverbial eye sore. P.S. poolwas ICE COLD!!!

1  Thank Albert Z
Robert T, Manager at Ramada Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Guest

I want to apologize for the bad experience you had during your stay. We are in the process of remodeling our property at this time. I hope you give us an opportunity to stay with us in the future.

Management