“Warm n fuzzy on the inside.”

Portofino Inn Burbank
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed 8 September 2011

I usually stay in nicer hotels, but it looked pretty cute on the website. when I got there, it looked like a 2 star motel... so I was a little leery. but the bedding in my room was great- it felt more like a 3/4 star ... I'm kind of picky about my sheets. lol.

it was great for a last minute stay.

• Stayed: September 2011

Reviewed 29 July 2011

The rooms were small but very clean. $13 cab fair to Warner Brothers Studio Tours and the Ellen Show. We used public transportation to save money and felt totally safe. Everyone on and off the bus and subway were very nice. The cab ride to Burbank Airport was $20.00 with tip! Great for the money, great for location, just plan great!!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank whasabae2
Reviewed 25 June 2011

I chose this INN through the positive reviews posted on the Trip Advisors' website and sadly - it was all the in the contrary! I have relied in Trip Advisors' website for great places to stay & never did I recall having to stay in a place that they ranked in their Top 10 list that I was so disappointed about up until Portofino Inn. Having worked in the hotel industry all my life & understands customer service from A-Z - Portofino's guest services is a nightmare!!! We stayed for 4 days & 3 nights & had to change room on our last night since my children have been sleeping over in their cousin's house since our arrival & we do not need a larger room with 2 beds. The selling rate on that night was $79. I paid $99/night & they demanded payment in full when we checked in so it was a struggle to get the price difference (since I have paid in full). It is a matter of principle on my part regardless if the disputed amount is pretty small. The front desk agent that day had to consult I guess with his Manager who I believe was the same man that checked us in. This man (the Manager) has totally no personality at all & very unwelcoming. I noticed & feel that right away. As I have said earlier - having been in the hospitality industry wherein you have standards to look for especially if you are on the other side of the table - I was appalled that I have to fight for it! (I know the RULES & where I stand). I thought that it was resolved. Checking out the following morning & stopping by at the Front desk & dealing NOW with that Manager to query about my refund, I can't believe that I have to repeat myself all over again with him as if the conversation that transpired the other day didn't happen at all. Unbelievable! He said that he will investigate on it (are you kidding me!) as if I was lying? He promised to process the refund within a week but my gut feeling was already telling me that it was a lost cause & it will never happen. I worked in a hotel & to issue a refund that small will be a breeze but he opted not to do it. I didn't bother calling anymore - not worth the stress & aggravation. WORD OF MOUTH is the best advertising there is so with that being said - I rest my case!!!

Room Tip: Location is good. Close proximity to everywhere
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank magandako
Reviewed 14 February 2011

Now I know what SENIOR ABUSE is. My experience started with poor service. I am partially handicapped and have a hard time using stairs. I had been told I would have a choice of upstairs or downstairs. When I saw the stairs I asked for a first floor room. They showed me a room back by the trash and generators with a window that looked out at a narrow wall. I felt uneasy being away from the other rooms. I am a woman alone on a business trip and need my rest due to my handicap. All that was left was uptairs. I took it and made 6 trips up and down stairs to get my luggage in my room. No one offered to help me but they stood around watching me. When I was in my room tthe tv remote was missing, the refridgerator did not work, (I requested a refridgerator because I had my own food). There wasn't any bucket for ice. The room was clean. At 3:45 am people entered the room next door whistling, singing, and speaking very loud. I thumped on the wall twice, and the man started yelling profanities and pounding on the wall. This scared me so I called the office. A young man came over and stood down by the cars waiting to hear the noise and the noise stopped. I tried to sleep but by this time my nerves were rattled. My neighbors carried on but not as noisey for 45 more minutes. At 7:30am the couple started talking loud enough for me to hear. This went on for 1 and 1/2 hours. I would have left in the middle of the night but had no place to go and would have been lost in the dark. Two days later friends told me I should ask for my money back. I called the manager and discussed the experience with him. He said he knew who the noisey people were and he would not rent them a room again. I asked if he would adjust my bill, he did not. I asked for the owners name and phone number, he gave me a name but would not give me a number. My trip was ruined as I had no sleep and I am a senior with very bad arthritis. It was cruel to have to use those stairs. I can not recommend this place at all

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
GuestResolution, General Manager at Portofino Inn Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2011

Thank you for review pertaining to your concerns and issues you encountered during your stay.
Your review stated that you had spoken to me regarding your experience, however I have not spoken to you, nevertheless I apologise to you for your unfortunate experience and assure you that I have taken appropriate steps to ensure our guests will be attended to whenever possible to their needs and special requests. Please consider our Inn in the future so we may better sereve you.

Reviewed 13 February 2011

Nice place.Free parking. Nice people who run it. Pleasant breakfast. Fair room with microwave. But man get rid of that cleaning fluid smell!!!! As you enter the room you are immediately met by this strong smell of cheap cleaner. I'm sure it is toxic and would not be safe for small children. I got used to it but barely. Had to wash all my clothes when I got home. Too bad 'cause it is a nice place.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo

Thank you letting us know of your experience at our Inn. I would like to apologise to you if your experience was short of fantastic. I have taken this matter up with our housekeeping staff and would like to assure you that all chemicals and supplies used to clean and sanatize our rooms are standard hospitality OSHA approved products. I hope you would extend to us a second change to better serve you.

Reviewed 26 November 2010

I almost forgot to review this place!

I booked this motel, last minute, for a business trip. I was surprised to get a decent rate (around $99) for booking so close to my travel date. I was a little worried about how my stay would be because of the way the exterior of the motel looked. I mean, it sits behind a diner...I didn't know what to expect.

I go to check-in & the gentleman behind the counter was very nice. We ended up in a room upstairs & it was surprisingly CLEAN. I did my normal *thorough* check for bed bugs, found none so I settled in. Now, no matter what motel or hotel I go to...whether it's a Holiday Inn Express or a stay at The Hilton...I always seem to find hair in my towels or in the shower. I didn't find anything at the Portofino Inn Burbank. I think this motel was one of the cleanest I've ever stayed in.

The king size bed was very comfy. We had a mini refrigerator also. My only concern was that there was only 1 lock on the motel room door. No chain, etc. I wasn't familiar with that area of Burbank so an extra lock or chain on the door would've made me feel better.

Slept well, didn't hear a lot of noise which also surprised me. I'd stay there again if I had to be in the area =).

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2010

Car broke down, called to explain delay, the front desk was very rude!!! While I was not sure of the arrival time, the "gentleman" did not wait for me to explain before rudely telling me he was going to charge me the full rate if I wasn't there by midnight. I asked to speak to the manager, and he stated he was the manager. Our vehicle was fixed in a timely manner, however the "manager" charged our card at 3:00PM which is the time I had called him. Upon calling him back, he was even more rude (if that is possible). We arrived in Burbank by 5:00PM, and decide to chuck it up as a $111.00 loss, rather than to ruin our vacation due to poor customer service skills, and lack of any type of listening skills. Will write to the hotel, and to our card holder to see if anything can be done, but we stayed at the Holiday Inn just around the block for a mere $20.00 more with great service and beautiful rooms, lounge, and entertainement... Did take pictures of the place from the exterior and the web site doesn't show the real story on this place, not sure how it rates so high, maybe bad night, change of staff?????

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AZlady40
GuestResolution, Manager at Portofino Inn Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2010

Dear Valued Guest,
We are sad to hear that you had a poor experience with our Hotel Reservations.
After Reviewing the details of your reservation we had done our best to assist you and unfortunately that was not to your satisfaction. You had called the hotel to cancel the reservation around 3.00pm ( same day of check -inn ) which is outside our 24hrs. cancellation policy. our Cancellation policy was accepted by you at the time of On-line booking. Our cancellation policy is the standard policy used by the hotels, The pictures you have posted (1) facing the flood light will come out dark in any case. (2) broken door is the building shareing the same parking lot & is a Restaurant. (3) The Trash can is in the designated area. We do thank you for taking the time to share your Thaughts with us & we will consider your suggestions.
Management Team