“Very nice for the price.”

Portofino Inn Burbank
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We arrived in town late and the desk clerk was kind enough to help me find the Poritifino over the phone, giving me directions until I pulled into the hotel. It was very clean, comfortable and had up to date furnishings.The price was reasonable. I will definitely stay again when back in town.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank snicklfritz
There are newer reviews for Portofino Inn Burbank

Reviewed 5 February 2013

I booked with Portofino Inn based on other people's review and they were right. We stayed for one-night. It is a remodeled mom and pop motel from the 60s located in downtown Burbank. They kept the structure but made the rooms bigger and upgraded the fixtures. There were 4 of us in a room with double queen beds and it did not feel cramped. The room smelled fresh, it looked and felt clean, there was a dormitory size fridge, microwave, ironing board and iron, a small nice armoire, desk, free wi-fi and hairdryer. The room was decorated in brown and gold colors, the art work is not bad. There are two floors and since our room was on the ground floor, I didn't notice the elevator. The courtyard is charming with plants in terracotta pots and there is a climbing plant with small white flowers. The night front desk clerk was very pleasant and efficient as was the day clerk. They offer free breakfast (cereals, oatmeal), coffee and tea. There's a restaurant on the property if you want to buy breakfast. It's good value and would book this Portofino Inn again.

Room Tip: All the rooms face the courtyard that I noticed and I think the office and restaurant, which are on...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SeeTheWorld173
Reviewed 11 January 2013

My wife and I stayed here on two occasions in Dec. 2012 during the Christmas period while visiting relatives. I was very impressed. This has to be the best value hotel around in the area of Burbank. The price was lower than any other, yet the rooms were excellent in every way. Steve at the front desk was helpful and pleasant. My wife left her sandals at the motel. Days later we returned and picked them up. You can't go wrong with this motel.

Room Tip: You could ask for better rooms: apparently we were in them al ready.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2013

We were finding it hard to get a nice hotel in the area last minute. We weren't expecting much but pleased to find the room clean and comfortable. It is in a good location to freeways and restaurants. The front desk was very friendly.

Room Tip: i believe they have rooms with a jacuzzi tub
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2013

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, we chose to spend our Rose Bowl Trip in Burbank at the Portofino. I spoke directly with the hotel to get the logistics and relevance to the Metro. You should have a car to see the area and when using the Metro, there are several Free Parking lots. The hotel had a nice little breakfast of cereals, muffins, bagels and cream cheese and a couple of juices. Coffee was available to fill a take away mug. The area is quiet and close to studios and shopping and great little restaurants. We would certainly return to Portofino. Mark and his wife did an outstanding job making us feel welcomed and at home. If you call them direct you will want to speak with Mark.

Room Tip: Most rooms are king and have a micro wave and small refrigerator. Upstairs is always nice, but down...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2012

My husband & I traveled here to visit our son for Christmas . My son booked this hotel / motel for an extended stay for us . After a stressful travel from NY to LAX , we were warmly greeted by the manager . His courtesy and efficiency provided for our every need . We stayed a total of 9 days . We were very impressed by the clean , comfortable rooms , nice breakfast , and helpfulness of the entire staff . After going on day tours of the area , this was a lovely , quiet place to return each day . We'll return here whenever we visit our son - the perfect place for a busy tourist in a crowded city .

Room Tip: This motel is so clean and quiet , great value for the price - near everything you want and need .
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2012

My sisters and I stayed at the Portofino last weekend. The rooms were very clean, updated and fairly quiet. No pool or jacuzi, but fresh bagels, rolls and good coffee for breakfast. Well worth the $100 I paid for a King.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family