Portofino Inn Burbank
US$186
Coast Anabelle Hotel(Burbank)
US$210
Hotels.com
Safari Inn, a Coast Hotel(Burbank)(Great Value!)
US$282
US$197
Burbank Inn & Suites(Burbank)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$171
Orbitz.com
US$133
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsroom was cleanwould stay here againshort driving distancefree wifiuniversal studiosfull length mirrorhotel is beautifulpastriesneeded a place to staycheck in was easywarner brosbusy streetbooked this hotelrental carmotelmicrowavesheets
Reviewed 22 May 2009

I always check TripAdvisor for hotels to see what everyone else is saying. I looked at the photos, and expected a somewhat older looking building and the photos were pretty accurate.

I paid over $100 for a mid-week stay during May. I wanted to find something in Burbank because I would be driving for a number of hours and didn't want to get stuck in LA traffic.

Pros -
Plasma tv, really nice bed linens, fluffy pillows and comfortable bed, refrigerator, breakfast is included, conveniently located about 5 minutes from the mall (Macy's, Sears, Ikea).

Cons -
Loud refrigerator, older/not fluffy towels, carpet is a little dirty, doesn't get all the channels listed on the channel listing (missing about ten cable channels), maid service knocks on the door even before you have checked out. Wireless internet requires a wire.

The lobby staff is friendly during check in and check out (usually they are outside on the phone, but they will run in to assist you). It was a bit unfriendly that the workers will let the door close behind them when they see a guest coming through to the lobby rather than hold the door even though they're right in front of you. Also, when you enter the lobby for breakfast, they kind of ignore you rather than greet you. Waffles don't look that fresh, but toast, cereal, and oatmeal are okay. The whole thing where the maid service knocks on the door at 9am instead of seeing who has checked out is just disruptive and awkward. For the price, I expect fluffier towels and no unexpected disruptions. There is room for improvement.

Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2009

The rooms were small but very clean and had really nice linens. The location was close to a wonderful Chinese Restaurant and just down the street ($13 including tip) cab fair to Warner Brothers Studio Tours and the Ellen Show! We used public transportation to save money and felt totally safe. Everyone on and off the bus and subway were very nice. We were there for a girls week away and felt very safe also while at and around the inn. Front desk was helpful and courteous. The cab ride to Burbank Airport was a mere $20.00 and that includes the tip! Great for the money, great for location, just plan great!!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank Whasabae
Reviewed 23 March 2009

I was kind of hesitant at first, but when I asked to see a room.. I was shocked! Newly renovated and very nice rooms. Great work done on the place, and felt very secure with video cameras in the parking lot.

Very recommended if you are in Burbank, close to the studios and a great room.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2009

I've been travelling to Burbank for the last 7 years and always stayed at the same hotels, but in June I decided to try somewhere different.
I found the Portofino Inn through the internet and after reading the good reviews and finding it nicely located, close to everything and easy to get to; I figured I'd give it a try.

Upon my arrival, I check out the exterior of the hotel. This usually gives you clues on the condition of the premises and if the renovations, if any, have been done properly.
I have to say they have done very well in that department; some renovations have been done professionally right down to the painting.

I entered the lobby, which was very nice and clean, and was greeted by a wonderful young woman who loves to sing. I say this because as she was looking up my information she was singing beautifully and softly along with the background music.
Everything was in order and the price quoted of $119 per night was exact.

A continental breakfast is also included with hot/cold cereal, bread, bagels, sweet Danish, orange juice and coffee.

I was really impressed with the room, no surprises. The room was clean and nicely decorated. It included a very large comfortable bed, flat screen TV with cable movie channels, free WIFI link, microwave, fridge and ironing board.
The carpet seemed recent - no stains and or wear marks, the bathroom also looked newly renovated.

Although the hotel is in on a busy street, the new window made the room very quiet. The air conditioner was also quiet.

Convenient stores are just across the street along with a mini mall, which helped in buying some extra food, alcohol, cigars (I don’t smoke) and a haircut. There is also a car rental place across the street. I did feel save in that area.

The staff was always nice and ready to help. The night manager was quick to assist in re-booting the wireless router when I could not access the internet.

All in all, I was really impressed with the Portofino Inn and definitely will go back this year.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2008

I've booked 4 nights at the Porto Fino Inn Burbank hotel, from November,3 to November7. I've checked inn on November, 3. I had some problems, so I checked out on November, 5 (and not on November, 7, as booked). When I checked out the front desk guy informed me that my credit card had already been charged for 4 nights. He also said that I would only be able to discuss the reimbursement of the 2 other nights (that I didn't spend at the hotel) with the manager, that was not at the hotel at that time. He informed me that the manager would call me until Friday (November, 7) to discuss it.

Nobody called be, so I went back to the hotel on November, 7 to try to have this problem solved. The front desk guy said again that he could do nothing and refused to give me the e-mail of the manager of the hotel. Again, the hotel manager was not there.

Today I called the hotel asking for the some hotel e-mail. He said that the hotel doesn’t have any e-mail and that they won’t be able to refund me.

My advice: don’t go to this hotel!!!!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank TLD_Irvine