“Yummy Cupcakes were Yummy!”
Review of Yummy Cupcakes

Yummy Cupcakes
Ranked #4 of 15 Dessert in Burbank
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Irvine, California
“Yummy Cupcakes were Yummy!”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I was craving sweets and having recently moved to Burbank I typed in nearby cupcakes and Yummy Cupcakes popped up. The bakery was quite girly with pretty pink decor, my bf and I went looked at all the cupcakes and the staff chimed in with recommendations. We finally settled for 1 red velvet, 2 carrot, and 1 butter pecan. I felt like all of the cupcakes had the same icing which was a bummer, but they were all quite nice. They are not my favorite, but solid cupcakes that will fill the craving.

• Visited November 2013

Los Angeles
“Used to be, this was the place”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

They opened about ten years ago. Many different types and flavors of cupcakes which were reasonably priced and worth the money. Over time, bigger is not necessarily better. Availability is spotty, size and quality aren't there any more, the place now looks like a beauty parlor, rather than a cupcake shop. The attitude of the staff, while usually never good, is really nasty now.Go to Crumbs in Beverly Hills. Don't waste your time or money here.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank raff622
Los Angeles
“Just So So”
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

I used a groupon to purchase a dozen cupcakes. I proceeded to deliver cupcakes to my family members on a Saturday. We all agreed, they were just ok.,some were dry some had too much frosting and some were perfect!

I'm glad I had a groupon

• Visited August 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Disappointing: Eat in same day or suffer dry cupcakes”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Folks in my office love this place since its the closest cupcake bakeries and we often get them for birthday celebrations, while its still a fad. I've tried several flavors over the years, some newer flavors like Blueberry pancake (only found maybe 4 blueberries in total, does not taste like blueberries at all, very disappointing as it had overwhelming cinnamon flavor), Lemon Tart bar (good tang from lemon), and good ol' Red velvet (I still don't get what the hype is with Red Velvet), Old School (creamy center), Key Lime Pie (get a nice pucker taste), Coconut (boring white cake), Chocolate Oreo (oreo overload) on the ever revolving menu. At $3.50 to almost $4, I would pick your "flavor" wisely. They all look "yummy" but you should eat them the same day otherwise overnight in the refrigerator completely changes the texture of the cupcakes and they're not that good. Or seal it in an airtight container because they are not that moist nor flavorful. I don't recommend stocking up on them either if you are like me, the first few times and can't resist grabbing 4-6 varieties. Some cupcakes have too much cinnamon added which over the years I've come to dislike. Some cupcakes have way too much frosting, how about adding whipped cream instead? The cream cheese frosting are fairly good. There's also the cupcake truffles which I don't really care for but others rave they're the best. These are over priced for an over hyped fad. How awful is it that I think the Costco blueberry muffins taste better than their cupcakes?

• Visited June 2013
Santa Clarita, California
“Love the carrot cake cupcakes!!”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

There are always different flavors to try see their calendar of flavors.
They also have mini cupcakes. I bought the plastic containers so out daughter can enjoy them at school for lunch.

Visited December 2012

Been to Yummy Cupcakes? Share your experiences!