“Good Budget Hotel”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Average for the price paid, nothing to write home about. The continental breakfast was just that, bagel, English muffin, coffee, boiled egg, yogurt, and juice. Customer service was butter at check-in then it was in the morning, some folks are not morning people and should not take that shift. Room was clean, but nothing special, WiFi slow. Booked online since rates where better, I was provided conformation number, however they stated it had not been charged. I later found that it was just a reservation number.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Average hotel... very near to the Burbank airport. Not very far from Hollywood and the studios. A good budget option in Burbank. They do have a swimming pool and free hot breakfast. The room condition can be little better.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We were recently in So Cal for the Rose Bowl and had a hard time finding a place to stay, not far from the Rose Bowl that did not cost a fortune. We decided on The Quality Inn. The desk staff was friendly and efficient and the rooms clean, but nothing special. The TV was old and only had 12 channels. The rates were reasonable and the location is close to the freeway, so we had easy access to Pasadena and the nearby cities. It is rather close to the train tracks, but we did not hear the trains at night. The stay met our needs.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Don't stay here unless you like to hear the train go by blowing its whistle and the traffic on San Fernando Rd. and Buena Vista. But what really got my goat was the fact that I had no television. When I checked in I turned it on but got nothing but snow. I called the front desk and they suggested checking the cable connection. I thought this was a little weird, but did so and found there was no nut on the cable to secure it to the TV input. I asked for another room but was told only the manager could do that and he would not be in for a half hour. I decided rather that just col my heels for a half hour, I would just stay without TV. The next morning as I was leaving I turned the TV outward and pulled the cable up to show it was disconnected, but to my surprise the cable wasn't connected to the wall either. The cable outlet was bent up so it couldn't be connected. Therefore, they knew this room had no cable TV but gave it to me anyway. Their sharp practices have earned my enmity forever.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Ben C
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The hotel is old, basic nothing that impressive. Small refrigerator had some rust but the beds were good! The noise carried really bad from ot her rooms, the floor above and the hallways. But for a night to avoid falling asleep on the road . . . Not bad.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The two front desk young ladies were more than helpful from the booking to the addlitional night's stay. The manager/owner ( I assumed that because of the way he treated everyone around him and how they seemed to jump for him) not so much so. We had originally planned for two nights. The first night there, wifi issues. He was no help. The TV in my brothers room would not work, he offered no solution. AND when it was back and working the next morning and he called to let them know, this guy doesn't even answer with his name, hotel name, any greeting just yes, or hello. He was rude and unfriendly from checkin. My brother told him the TV was working, he simply said "okay" and hung up. that was it. It took 35 rings to get him to answer and when he did, he was rude. When we decided to stay another night, we stopped at the desk the night before, paid for everything and kept same rooms. We were not told we would need new key. I went to meet my sister, was locked out because old key did not work and you would think rolling a chair over to make a key was asking a lot. My brother went to go get ice, was locked out because his old key also would not work. He went to the front desk...no smile, no greeting, he was on his puter and my brother had to asked for assitance...he asked for a key and he huffingly made it. My brother then asked for new internet access because our slip said valid only two days...he signed rolled his chair over and pulled out the paper. no comment to my brother, just dropped it on the desk. When he asked for coffee (mind you we did not use housekeeping at all either of us) he could not be bothered to get it....he hollered to a girl cleaning the breakfast room to come and get coffee. IT WAS IN THE CABINET BY HIM....He gives you hotel a bad name. HONESTLY...if we had not had such a nice room in Barstow with one of the nicest checkins EVER (Anna), I would rethink Quality and go for Comfort Inn. He was a horrible person to deal with. We were not staying for free and I HATE GIVING MY MONEY to someone so rude. If you do not like dealing with us, then find something else to do. We were very low-key, did not use housekeeping and simply BOTHERED HIM when it was because of their issues or for coffee.

Room Tip: If noise bothers you, this hotel faces Buena Vista directly and is right by railroad tracks..so requ...