“OMG, seriously awesome”

Cuisines: Cuban, Delicatessen
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I want the owners to open up one of these down the street from my house. I cannot be expected to drive 7 hours to visit this place on a regular basis. I guess it's just as well, I'd probably be as big as a Plymouth Satellite if there was one close by. The baked good are wondrous, the Cuban sandwich was the bomb. If you don't like this place, you have something wrong with you.

1  Thank JimAtKSF

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I was recently introduced to Porto's Bakery during a trip to Burbank. To my amazement, this place has stolen my heart. I busy and popular Cuban themed bakery on the corner of Mongolia Blvd (two miles from Bob Hope Airport).
Perhaps the line to wait is a bit long at times, but it gives you time to check out all the delicious baked goods and sweet treats your heart could desire. I was a bit intimidated my first time around, but when it's your turn in line - a friendly server will walk the bakery line with you and offer you all sorts of helpful tips and suggestions to try. The prices are quite reasonable, so I was able to try much more than I had originally planned. I had a sandwich and a treat, and still had more in a box to take home with me at the end.
I have already introduced two groups of friends to Porto's, and expect to invite more down the line. For my birthday, I drove 50 miles just to order a slice of their heavenly Carrot Cake (it's that good). Well Done Porto's!

1  Thank RyoDrake
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you're ever in the neighborhood make to stop by Porto's Bakery. I guarantee you that when and if you stop by, it will NEVER be slow and you wont have any regrets. This place is always packed to the bone. The food and pastries are just exquisite My only complain is that because this place always packed, there's no organization so it can get chaotic. That said, it's still damn worth the trip!

Don't forget to try their mariquitas (plantain chips).

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Who doesn't love Porto's? It has the best Cuban desserts and tasty food. I love the chicken dinner plate and all of their desserts. We order birthday and holiday cakes from Porto's only. Everything is reasonably priced. Delicious coffee too! Better than Starbucks and at better prices. I highly recommend.

1  Thank Linda M
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Customer service is usually poor or ok and because it is popular, affordable, and a value, it can be a while before you order. Most people flock here like madmen, so don't expect the most courteous customers.

Other than that, quality and value is excellent. Their coffees are awesome, and at their Downey location, the horchata latte is recommended.

1  Thank DarkHeineken