“An unexpected jewel of hotel restaurants”
Review of Hangar Steak

Hangar Steak
Reserve with OpenTable
Hangar Steak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 171 Restaurants in Burlingame
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Milbrae Avenue
Description: The Hanger Steak, our on-site Burlingame restaurant features Executive Chef Dion Hawkin's carefully crafted menu offering a selection of premium steaks, fresh seafood options, innovative appetizers, and homemade desserts with something for everyone.
Clearwater, Florida
“An unexpected jewel of hotel restaurants”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was able to get a 6:45 PM reservation at 6:25 PM. We were seated at the window with a view of the San Francisco Airport runway and bay.

We started with rosemary bread with butter and olive oil and balsamic vinegar. The balsamic was the most mild and sweet balsamic I've ever had. It was delicious. My husband had the Pacific oysters, which he liked more than east coast oysters. I had the mushroom brie soup, which was out-of-this-world! I have never had anything like it. My husband ate the cedar-wrapped salmon that thoroughly enjoyed. I had the filet mignon with roasted garlic cloves and Bearnaise sauce. It was one of the best filets that I've had. While we decided to skip dessert, our bill was accompanied by two giant strawberries covered in chocolate that we unlike any chocolate-covered strawberry that we'd ever had.

While this is a casual dining restaurant, it would be a great place for a special occasion, intimate dinner for two, or for a small party. The staff was friendly, accommodating, and polite. I will be looking for another occasion to dine there before we leave the area.

• Visited May 2014

San Francisco
“Great view but would eat dinner elsewhere”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

This view of the Bay is spectacular but the dining experience was lackluster. Very expensive, with everything a la carte. Portions are good but our steaks were served warm and mine was undercooked.

Won't be back

• Visited April 2014
Scottsdale
“Expensive but very good service and food!”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Solo on business trip. I had the filet, great flavor. Service was very good and the view of SFO airport was excellent. It is fun to watch the planes come and go!

• Visited April 2014
San Francisco, California
“Very nice steak house”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Guys night out and wanted to try something new. Decided to try Hanger Steak House in the Marriot Burlingame. I was a good decision. We tried a couple of appetizers - The Lobster Ravioli was out of the world! The Crap cake was ok but I am used to the poor man's crab cake with lots of mayo and crumbs - this was almost solid crap - great mango salsa. Dinner was a fantastic rib eye cooked to perfection and it completely filled the plate. We all left room for dessert and I had the bananas foster - awesome! Our server was very attentive even with the place almost filled. The Sous chef - Roberto Ortiz - came out to check on us and made the experience even more enjoyable. I would recommend this place to anyone that is looking for a very nice place to eat, great service,e good value for the food and a wonderful bay view (get to watch the planes land at SFO). Thanks to the Chef Roberto for making it a fantastic dining out experience. The Hanger Steak is now on our frequent places to eat list - we have been back twice since and have always been happy.

Visited April 2014
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We had lunch here the night before we flew out. We have eaten in this restaurant many times and always have a good meal. This was no exception. Our server was Esther and she did a great job.
Two in our party ordered Bloody Marys and thought they were delicious. The food we had was also very good - fish tacos, filet tacos and crab sliders with truffle fries. Everyone wanted to try the fries and they are delicious.
There are huge windows in this restaurant that overlook San Francisco Bay and the airport runway. It's fun to watch the planes take off and land and if you are so inclined to "walk off your lunch" there is a wonderful walking/jogging path along the water.
Hangar Steak is really very good and you will not be disappointed!

• Visited February 2014