“Nice location on San Francisco Bay”

Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
San Diego, California
“Nice location on San Francisco Bay”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Lovely hotel on the bay with nicely appointed rooms and very fast elevators. Room was clean and quiet. Scrumptious breakfast buffet with the best muffins I have ever eaten. Staff was helpful though and responsive to requests. Definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience with us. The feedback our guests share allows us to further improve the service we deliver to our guest.

Many of our guests have repeatedly expressed we are not your typical airport hotel. Our beautiful lush green surrounding, picturesque bayside jogging/walking trail outside our front door and easy access too many bay area activities are not features normally found in other airport hotels.

We hope all of our guest are equally impressed and come back to stay with us often. Our muffins will be waiting.

John C. Kellites / General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sacramento, United States
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The staff at this property was exceptional. The room service and food are fantastic. The rooms are clean; however, good luck trying to get a good nights sleep; the mattress on our bed was so bad that both my wife and I got severe back aches and required pain medication in the morning; the lousy mattress resulted in us shorting our stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay with us. We take great care to ensure all our hotel features are well maintained and the service we provide is world class.

I am terribly sorry your bed was such a disappointment. We generally receive very positive feedback regarding our beds. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you so I can properly investigate the matter. If you can find the time please contact me at john.kellites@hiltonsfo or 650-340-9179.

I do hope to hear from you soon.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Let's start off with the shuttle. Wow! It's really nice and just a few minutes to the airport. It comes every 20 minutes btw.
The front entrance is nicely landscaped on the one side.
The lobby is clean, comfortable and spacious. Check in was very smooth. The restaurant was under construction so I can't say much about that. But we were not bothered by any noise as a result, so kudos.
The room was very spacious. The toiletries were really, really nice. Shampoo, body wash etc. All were high end quality products. Makes you want to shower slowly lol.
Our stay was nice. Wasn't best ever, but I have no complaints either. I would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Stephen Y
Santa Cruz, United States
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stayed one night close to the airport as we had an early morning flight. This hotel was a pleasure. Easy check in and check out. The room was very clean and beds and linens were like new. A very great choice and great price. Would definately recommend over some of the other hotels in the airport area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for finding the time to complete a review of your stays with us. It is wonderful to read that we have been able earn your loyalty through our service and many wonderful features.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Rome, Italy
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Like the Hilton in Washington airport, this is "airport" just namely since it is 15/20 min by bus from terminals.
The other inconsistency i experienced is the "Bayfront". Sure, not everyone can be lucky, but my night was too much bothered by the traffic noise coming from the near freway and not from the sound of waves.
Again, not my best experience in a Hilton.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am sorry we did not leave you with a better impression of our hotel. We never want a guest to leave us disappointed. We do appreciate your feedback and will continue to work very hard to ensure all our guests leave impressed with their stay.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Currently under renovation. Small area in the lobby is being used for the bar, not much seating & restaurant is closed. However, room service does a great job. Great location near airport & on the Bay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We had to stay at this hotel on a layover on our way home from Portland. We arrived at the hotel at 9:30 pm after a long day of travel. We ordered room service as soon as we got to our room, as our kids were really hungry (and tired). We simply ordered some soups and a salad and it took over an hour and 15 minutes to get to our room. The soup wasn't even warm and my kids were ready for bed. Thankfully, they didn't charge us for the meal, but when we went to check out early the next morning, there was a charge on our account from the rooftop lounge that we never went to. The signature on the the bill didn't even match our names on file, so I'm surprised they allowed the charge. It was all very frustrating and a little worrisome that they didn't take better care. I would definitely pick a different airport hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicole T
I would like to begin by thanking you for sharing your experience with me. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will help us continue improving.

I am so sorry your stay with us was not an exceptional experience. We clearly dropped the ball in many areas and for that I sincerely apologize. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your difficulties with you personally if you could find the time to contact me directly at john.kellites@hiltonsfo.com or my direct line 650-340-9179.

I hope to hear from you soon.

John C. Kellites / General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront
The Westin San Francisco Airport

Been to Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront? Share your experiences!