“Dont be an executive at this hotel!”

Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
London, United Kingdom
“Dont be an executive at this hotel!”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We specifically booked executive room for lounge access, turned out they had completely overbooked and were unable to deal with the guests they had. Turned away from lounge every morning only to have to use a crowded restaurant - waited nearly twenty minutes for nil stocked breakfast - very poor. Tired rooms no usb charging. staff at desk very indifferent about complaits i was told by one one lad" well what do you want me to do about it" so we had enough and gave up.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you for staying with us and providing such a candid review of your experience. We did experience unusual activity in our executive level and I am sorry this caused you any difficulties. I assure you this was not a normal occurrence. Generally our executive level experience is something our guests are very pleased with.

I do hope you will give us another opportunity as I am confident you will not be disappointed.

John C. Kellites / General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I decided to stay here before my flight home. I hadn't stayed here for awhile as I usually stay at the Crowne Plaza at SFO but it was sold out. I had forgotten how nice this hotel is. As I'm Gold with Hilton I was upgraded to an Executive Floor. The room had great views as well as comfortable and quiet. The in house food was good along with an OK wine selection. They also now have The Golf Channel which they did not have previously and why I started staying elsewhere. If you read my other reviews, I am a business traveler and this is important to me. I recommend this Hilton.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Busy night in the hotel with functions. We had an awful nights sleep with lift noise and plumbing noise. The former can be avoided by asking for a room at the bottom of the coridoor. The night staff were really sympathetic but couldnt really do a lot to help. Airport shuttle great and convenient. Recommended as a quick airport shuttle stop over but would avoid otherwise.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. Feedback such as yours provides us with valuable information and the opportunity to continue improving our guests’ experience.

I apologize for the noise issues you encountered and the poor night sleep you experienced. We will continue to work very hard to earn you trust again.

Hong Kong
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I think staying at the airport hotel, the most important thing is whether the airport shuttle is frequent and on time. This hotel meets the criteria and I am happy with my stay. Every 20 miniutes, there will be a shuttle bus leaving the hotel to the airport. When we arrived, we waited for about 5-10 miniutes and the shuttle came. So the shuttle service is quite reliable, at least during our stay in early August. Other than that, the room is spacious and clean and comfortable. Since we are Gold members, we can access the lounge (15/F) which provide continental breakfast which is actually a American breakfast since it has bacons, scramble eggs, sausages, and potatos plus all the other continental breakfast stuff. However, it could get quite crowded on certain days and certain times so I saw some parties being diverted to 1/F restaurants to have their breakfast. You can get coffee/tea, water, soft drinks in the lounge the whole day plus hor d'vor from 5 to 7 pm. I have not tried the other airport hotels around the area but do find my stay met my needs.

Room Tip: Pls ask for a room facing the bay.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us and providing such a candid review of your experience. Thank you also for highlighting so many of our hotel features. We did have a few days of unusually busy activity in our executive level and I thank you for your understanding.

We hope to see you again soon.

Wallingford, United States
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Good location, service; nice enough room for airport hotel. Very nice that it's adjacent to State Park with walking trail & views of bay & airport, good restarant next door. Would recommend for anyone traveling out of SFO.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Whittier, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2014

very disapointed, they screwed up on 12 reservations in a party that blocked many rooms for a tournament in Bay Area. Of course the management insisted we all made the same mistake, yeah right! When we asked to review with the manager, she was condescending and would not admit that hotel made any error. What was worse is she lied to my face about another party having exact same problem and that was just pathetic. I guess she didnt think we would talk? Dishonest and for me that means no more business with Hilton. I can spend my money elsewhere!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
I would like to begin by thanking you for sharing your experience with me. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I am terribly sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We apologize for the confusion regarding your reservation. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

John C. Kellites /General Manager
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Check-in was fast, but the clerk tried to make my HHonors status seem like an upgrade. It was laughable since the room I was in on the executive floor was the exact room I booked - no free upgrade. Silly clerk. Do not expect to sleep in unless you cover the windows with a blanket, as the bright sun beams into the room all day. The curtains are too short for the windows. This may be so the curtains don't come close to the air conditioner, but they could still be long enough to cover the window and not reach the a/c unit. The convenient location to the airport is perfect for early bird flyers. Bundle up when going to the garage. The cold wind rips right through you.

Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your feedback.

Our staff is committed to ensuring our guests feel special when staying with us and your comments help us know where to focus our efforts. Be assured we will continue to focus on providing the best possible experience for our guests.

Come back and see us again soon.

John C. Kellites /General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront
The Westin San Francisco Airport

Been to Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront? Share your experiences!