“Elegant property”

Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Reviewed 1 December 2010

Amazing interior design in rooms and lobby. The manager Vaughn Bennett was quite helpful. The restaurant is lovely. For a really nice dinner walk to Kincaid's Seafood on the bay right next door.

• Stayed: December 2010

Reviewed 28 November 2010

The hotel was reasonably priced with very large rooms. Internet access was complimentary as was a shuttle to the airport that starts running at 4am. There is also a shuttle that runs approximately every hour to the shopping area (approximately 3-4 blocks) in Burlingame. The area offers a variety of shops and international restaurants. A good place to spend a couple of hours. The hotel is also directly adjacent to a beautiful walking trail along the bay with views of the city and airport. The only downside is the isolated location when it comes to dining options. There is not much around except for a pricey in-house restaurant and the equally pricey (but normal) room service as well as a restaurant next door.

Reviewed 25 November 2010

this hotel should be a 4/ 4.5 but i am giving it a 3 at the most because of front desk service, namely MELISSA, who was totally unfriendly, unhelpful and indifferent at check in and again later when asked a simple question. All other staff were very good, but to have someone like this at front desk is beyond comprehension. Rooms are nicely renovated with excellent lighting and flat screen tv. Try another airport hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2010

I like Hilton properties and this one does not disappoint. I was only there one night and can only comment on check-in and the rooms. Check-in was superfast and friendly. The lobby of the hotel (with the changing light colors behind the check-in desk) was beautiful. The room, a single with king on the 13th floor, was large but not huge (the perfect size) with a nice, modern-yet-comfy decor. Hilton has the best pillows in the industry (IMHO) so I slept like a baby.
The location is good in relation to the airport and anything South of the airport, however, if you are driving from San Francisco city, it is about the furthest airport hotel from the city. Not bad though...and it sits on the Bay with lovely views.
The only drawback - no free wi-fi! How a huge hotel chain like Hilton cannot offer free wi-fi is beyond me.

Reviewed 18 November 2010

Have stayed at this property for a period of several weeks. Very impressed with service as management is very visible and go out of their way to assure they meet customer's needs. Reasonable pricing for rooms. Only recommendation would be to provide a more varied dining room menu as restaurant options in immediate area are limited.
Overall though highly suggest people to stay here.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2010

Thank you for sharing your experiences and observations. My management team believes a hands-on, visible approach is essential to providing our guests with outstanding service. I am also happy to report that within the last week we have significantly revised our Restaurant and Room Service menu, expanding the selections while also offering many new items. The feedback has been very positive and I do hope you will again share your thoughts on our selections after your next visit to our hotel.
Regards,
John C. Kellites

Reviewed 14 November 2010

The hotel itself is average - quite tired and run down, but functional if all you need is a night's sleep at the airport.

The staff however and the level of service are appalling. Prior to arriving from Australia I had booked a car for an airport transfer and several appointments the following day. My flight had changed and I advised the hotel. Upon arrival at 11pm - no-one met me, so I took a cab to the hotel - I asked about my car booking and no-one knew anything about it. As I had the name of the person I was corresponding with (which turns out was the Hotel Manager) they said nothing could be done until he arrived the next day at 9am - however my car was supposed to be booked to pick me up at 7am!! To say the staff on duty couldn't have cared less about my predicament was an understatement.

Luckily the next day at 7am a car did arrive for me (so much for not having a booking) - he said he had been waiting for me the previous evening (at the wrong airline!) - and he too had no luck when trying to communicate with the hotel staff to find out what went wrong.

So after all this - I had to pay the driver for the failed pickup as well as the additional cab - and not one person apologised at the hotel. The manager Vaughn Bennett never contacted me to follow up on the errors either.

Overall a very poor business hotel experience - and one I won't be repeating - and as a VIP Hilton Honors member I would have expected better.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank robinpark
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2010

I am terribly sorry for the difficulties you experience during stay with us. My team and I are 100% committed to providing our guest with the best possible service and I regret we did not deliver on this promise in your case. I will review the issues you experienced with Mr. Bennett and his team to ensure future communication breakdowns do not occur moving forward. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and please accept my apologies.

Regards,
John C. Kellites / General Manager

Reviewed 1 November 2010

Quite nice airport hotel offering very decent stay for travelers using SFO, especially when the room could cost as little as $120 I paid for it. Review based on a one night stay in October’10 (background of spending 80+ nights per year in different hotels around the globe)

Location:
Hotel is located a couple of miles south of SFO on Airport Blvd next to Highway 101 (exit 419A), right by the bay with basically nothing but a couple of hotels & small park in the neighborhood. So some kind of transportation is certainly needed here, such as the free shuttle running to the airport every 20 min.

Room:
Hotel is old construction but has clearly received a major renovation not so long time ago. I had a Bay view room in the 10th floor with a window offering nice views over the bay towards the landing planes. Room was nice size, quite modern light-wood décor with a big panorama picture of San Francisco hanging over the bed. A lot of room in the bathroom, too. Large LCD TV. Clean room with no stains etc anywhere.

Some noise due to planes, but nothing really disturbing as such.

Etc:
As some other reviewers have noticed, the garage exit failed to operate with the hotel key also for us, on two separate occasions. So there’s certainly an issue there…

Executive Lounge located at the top floor was quite nice with a lot of light. Though offering there was rather light, too (when compared to the normal European lounge standards, don’t know how well it relates to typical US standards). Breakfast assortment was quite decent for a lounge breakfast but the evening happy hour didn’t really have much to offer, not that I was expecting much from it anyway.

Didn’t try gym, pool or restaurant so no comment about them.

Would I return there?
Yeah, apart from the garage exit I didn’t have any issues. Well worth the money

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business