“Clean, Convenient, Courteous Service - But Expensive”

Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport / Burlingame
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Leawood, Kansas
“Clean, Convenient, Courteous Service - But Expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I had an early flight out of San Francisco this week and needed to be close to the airport. The prices for the airport hotels are astronomical including the Hilton Garden Inn. By the time I checked out, I paid $257 for 7 hours of rest in a standard room - no breakfast. That amounts to 62 cents per minute to sleep. Sounds ridiculous, right? It is. But there is a shortage of hotel rooms in this part of the Bay Area and no shortage of demand. So the hotels will continue to gouge the traveling public and the city (in this case Burlingame) will continue to gouge for taxes.

As for the hotel, it was standard HGI. They assigned meI have been staying at an HGI in Albuquerque for a long term assignment (2 years, for 2 weeks out of 3) and paid $80/night. I have reviewed that hotel elsewhere, but it sets the standard for me with what an HGI is. I rated that hotel 5 stars as best in its class. This one is no different in terms of what it offers. But it falls down simply because it is not a good value.

But hey, it's better than risking a low cost hotel and having to share my bed with bedbugs, unidentified stains or worse.

Plenty of parking. 7 minutes to SFO or 10 minutes to the rental car facility. Quiet, good breakfast (I paid), good internet, workout room and clean sheets. But $257/night including tax? A bit much!

Room Tip: I was given a water view room on the top floor which provided a great view of the SFO Airport approa...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed here for my friends wedding. This hotel was conveniently located in proximity to the wedding location. The staff was very helpful, the room was clean and quiet. The hot tub was "hot" and the cold pool was warm which I liked very much.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Bristol, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We recently stayed one night at this hotel, and it fit our needs greatly. The staff was very hospitable. Our room was clean & quiet. The cookies were a nice touch. The best perk was the airport shuttle, available 24/7. We took our rental car back to the airport since we had an early morning flight, and was able to hop on the hotel shuttle back in a short amount of time. We also used it early the next morning to go directly to our terminal. This allowed us to bypass the rather long "plane train" from the rental car area, saving us lots of time. The only drawback is that there aren't a lot of restaurants within walking distance. We drove a short distance to New England Lobster Company, which was great. Overall, it was a nice experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Thera20
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Well, it's been a while since I've reviewed but wanted to do it now before I forget this hotel experience. So, we arrived to San Francisco early for Stanford's graduation. We thought it best to stay in Santa Clara during graduation and spend sometime in San Francisco before our departure back home. The Hilton Garden in was was chosen based on its trip advisor hotel review.
The hotel was clean but it lacked the welcoming feeling I'm use to.The front desk staff was indifferent. Some spoke and some didn't. We stopped by the hotel 2 days before our stay to see what it looks like and were greeted with a "what are you doing here? We said attending nieces graduation from Stanford and we wanted to stop by and see what this hotel would look like. Front desk staff said "why would you want to do that? We said bc that's our plans and we read about you guys on trip advisor. We finally checked in about 2 days later and when eating buffet breakfast $12.95/ person which was not a bad price, we chose to take some yogurt and a box of cereal to the room. The person over breakfast kept watching us like we stole something. Then I ordered French toast and my husband ordered scrambled eggs (eggs had black stuff in them so my husband didn't want them- he was told it was there bc he wanted his eggs well done!) My husband sent it back. No offer made by waiter to cook him anymore. My husband then said could he have French toast and the waiter said "she's already had French toast!" My husband said " its for me." it was almost like my husband couldn't have more food. I thought this was a Buffett? Also, I ask if they had dental floss and was told, yes they sale it in the hotel shop. I didn't ask to buy it.They can't provide free floss? What's up with that? I'll give this hotel a 3 out of 5. Unsure if I would stay here again just bc of the uncomfortable welcome and breakfast mishap. Others may find it a wonderful place to stay and that's fine. For me not so comfortable.

Placentia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Very welcoming staff and very clean environment. Hotel is centrally located out of the city but easy access to downtown SFO and all that the city has to offer. Great place to stay for both business and pleasure

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Foster City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Omg hands down they service best oatmeal blueberry cookie bars at front desk complimentary ..... YumMMmm
This is a great location it may not have view of the bay but, the service , price , parking are perfect. Day I wanted book a room all hotels in burlingame location were sold out. So I came here , I was greeted immediately ( outstanding service) I was asked about pillow firmness soft or firm , also there bed has settings to adjust soft or firm I'm loving it . My husband had his on firm I put my alittle on soft side like I was resting on a cloud . Room decor was little average hotel nothing dirty or ugly. Love the service you can go wrong .

• Stayed September 2013
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

After a flight from Las Vegas, we walked out of SFO Terminal 3 and found the shuttle to the hotel.

Check-in was smooth. The room was clean and comfortable. Internet access worked without problems.

Since it was 4:10 PM and the restaurant was not open yet, we went down to the reception to see if we can buy a couple of food items. The staff at the reception was extremely helpful. She gave us six tea bags, six packets of sugar, two cups so that we can use the coffee-machine, and two bottles of water.

The biggest disappointment was the food at the restaurant. I ordered the slow braised short ribs with mash potatoes. The meat was tough and very dry. My wife ordered the Wings of the World (chicken wings tossed in spicy Szechuan orange) and found it too tangy.

The beds were comfortable and we slept well that night.

Breakfast was much better than the dinner we had.

Shuttle to the airport was on time.

I will definitely stay here again, and eat elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS El Rancho Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport / Burlingame? Share your experiences!