“Very nice hotel - convenient to SFO”

Hampton Inn & Suites San Francisco-Burlingame-Airport South
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Eden Prairie, MN, United States
“Very nice hotel - convenient to SFO”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Hampton Inns are almost always a positive experience. In fact, one time I had a malfunctioning heating and cooling system in my room and they gave me a different room and gave me a complimentary night. Not every hotel will do this.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Turkish first
Huntington Beach
Reviewed 3 November 2013

If you don't have to stay in the city, you should consider the Hampton Inn in Burlingame. Yes, it's near the Airport so you get noise from the jets (not a problem once I fell asleep exhausted from a fun day in the city). But given all the benefits, I will stay here again. The Hampton Inn gets it. When i arrived in the room I was pleasantly surprised by a note stating the duvet cover and sheets are laundered for my arrival. There is nothing more disgusting than a nasty bedspread that god-knows-what is lurking on it, so I was happy and felt confident that the bed was clean and safe to lay on. The bed is very comfy. Microwave and small fridge in room! Room was clean and up-to-date. Water pressure in shower was good and shower drained well, so no standing in water when showering! There are 3 double plug electric receptacles in the bathroom so girls can get ready in the bathroom and can plug in all hair appliances, etc! (Hurray, women, you know what I mean!). Great location right off Millbrae exit with city/shopping/restaurants within close proximity, Free full serve-yourself breakfast and free parking/no resort fee like many of the larger hotels down the street ALL ADD UP TO A REAL BARGAIN! With all the Hampton Inn has to offer at a great price, without the add-on charges, this will be my go-to choice for hotels in SF if I don't have to stay in the city proper.

Room Tip: Upper floor facing away from airport to minimize external noises.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dayton, OH, United States
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Very clean rooms at a very reasnoable price. The service from all the staff was very good. We used the shuttle service to the airport and back, it was on time and the driver friendly, and curtiose. Most inportantly a good driver. The Hampton Inn has always been a favored hotel of mine and I would reccomend this one to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Overpriced. Cute room---king corner. Very noisy/sleepless night---between the planes and the loud 'BEEP-BEEP-BEEP' of a large vehicle in reverse just below our window multiple times throughout the middle of the night.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 28 October 2013

There was no view at all in the room I stayed. I'm sorry to express my views at this moment. It's my pleasure to forward my further comment later because I'm not available to add others. I'm sorry to express my views at this moment. It's my pleasure to forward my further comment later because I'm not available to add others. I'm sorry to express my views at this moment. It's my pleasure to forward my further comment later because I'm not available to add others. I'm sorry to express my views at this moment. It's my pleasure to forward my further comment later because I'm not available to add others. I'm sorry to express my views at this moment. It's my pleasure to forward my further comment later because I'm not available to add others. I'm sorry to express my views at this moment. It's my pleasure to forward my further comment later because I'm not available to add others. I'm sorry to express my views at this moment. It's my pleasure to forward my further comment later because I'm not available to add others.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I spent one night here while in the area on business. I must admit that I arrived really late, and left super early the next morning. So I didn't really sample any of the hotel amenities. Despite that, I had a great overnight stay.

The property is situated close to the San Francisco airport, and offers a shuttle service. This let us turn in our rental car early, and not worry about getting to the airport in the morning. The staff was friendly and courteous. When I indicated I would be leaving at 4:00am in the morning, the receptionist offered to have a bag breakfast waiting for me at the counter at my departure time, since the restaurant wouldn't be open yet. Now I call that service!

My room was clean and comfortable. It was set up to accommodate someone who is wheelchair-bound. I don't know if all of the rooms are like that or not. But because of it, the shower was quite roomy, and set up with no curtain, door or threshold. It was nice, but the arrangement allowed a lot of water to puddle on the bathroom floor, which might be a slip hazard. Not a complaint, so much as an observation in case you get a room like this.

It was a short stay, so this is a short review. Given my experience here, I would definitely stay here again if the need arose.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is a great hotel conveniently located for access to San Francisco airport. We used the hotel shuttle back to the airport so we could use the BART train into the centre of the city for the tourist sights. It took about 20 minutes to get to the airport. We had trouble getting back to the hotel afterwards as the shuttle did not come. We waited for over half an hour and decided to get on the Marriott shuttle instead which seemed to run every 15mins (that hotel is over the road from the Hampton).
The room was clean and quiet, despite being close to the airport. If you love plane watching you can see all the take off and landings from a really good vantage point over the road near the Marriott. While there you will see a path/jogging trail which runs along the bay-side and gives a lovely view of the bay. There is a Starbucks inside the Marriott.
The Hampton had lovely fresh cookies available when we arrived and the check-in was very friendly and efficient. Breakfast was good with all the usual fare; yogurts, cereal, toast, pastries, muffins, fruit and some hot options, eggs etc.
Wi-Fi worked well, no drop-out, and best of all was included in the room rate. Will definitely return when we can get back to San Francisco. Thanks to all staff for a great stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank the_flying_goose
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
The Westin San Francisco Airport
Aloft San Francisco Airport
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites San Francisco-Burlingame-Airport South? Share your experiences!