“Room ok, good location to SFO”

Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, Washington
“Room ok, good location to SFO”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The location is great, the room is clean and the room size is decent. The drawback is that it has no safe box nor mini bar in the room even I am in the executive floor. The noise from 101 freeway is tolerable but preferably quieter. One thing that I didn't like was the white blanket, it is so rough and hard. I couldn't sleep the first night and at the end I had to use the bedspread as blanket.
One thing to mention was my power socket and a Samsung phone charger were missing in the room and the manager went out and bought me a cable and a power charger so that I could charge my phone again. That said, it was a surprise that my 4xUSB adaptor and a cable could have missing within two hours after housekeeping cleaned the room. I left the room during cleaning and returned in two hours. I hope the hotel would investigate this matter seriously. Otherwise, I like the attitude of the manager, helpful and I like the location.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank tuitai
Brendan D, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear tuitai,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us with your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Unfortunately, our rooms do not come with safes or a mini bar; however we do have safes behind the front desk that are available to our guests, as well as fridges that are available upon request for no additional fees. I am truly sorry about your charger going missing; rest assured I am looking into this to see who accessed the room and where the charger could have gone. On a positive note, I’m happy to know that management was able to help you and replace your charger for you. It’s the least we can do. If you ever get a chance to come back to the area, we would love an opportunity to make this up to you.

E: bdbeckett@sfocp.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is way over due. Reading the previous reviews, it makes me wonder if it's the same hotel I stay at.

First stay was several years ago. Upgraded to Club Room which had a separate living room as IHG Plat benefit. Breakfast comped if I remember right.

Returned last year & was upgraded to a Suite since we had 5 suitcases that would not fit in the newly renovated but very snug Club Room.Enjoyed our breakfast which was included in our package. Very happy with our stay.

We were back this winter & again had lots of luggage- given another Club room but requested for Suite if that was available. Was going for dental surgery & needed to rest post op. No problem at all- they were very gracious even sending us some bubbly in our room. Given late check out as well.

Breakfast the next day was very adequate with lots of choices - cereal, make your own waffle, lots of fruit etc. Loved the fresh fruit infused water available at the lobby - enjoyed the strawberry & cucumber flavoured ones.

Got a very spacious room with high ceilings which had 2 TVs one in the BR & in the separate living room area, functional desk, WC accessible bathroom. They had sleep amenities.

Finally heard the much talked about Freeway noise as your room was on the ground floor- closest to 101 but it was not enough to keep me awake at all.

What keeps me returning to CP SFO Airport is the EXCELLENT Customer Service. Emails were very expediently responded to, requests over the phone were addressed in a very timely manner. Housekeeping has done a great job in keeping everything clean and in place. Front Desk & Bell service are very personable & helpful.

Having the Fitness center available was a great plus. Keeping the secure Club Room with the basics & accessible at all hours to allow us access to water, hot drinks & fruit any time of the day is much appreciated.

Having to pay $18 for parking is what's keeping me from an excellent rating.

Congrats to the new GM Brendan D. and his staff. Looking forward to another good stay with this new team ! See you in a few weeks.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Brendan D, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear bmttokyo,

Thank you so much for all of your kind words. We are beyond excited to hear about your multiple enjoyable stays at our hotel. Here at the Crowne we honestly strive to provide every guest with a positive, enjoyable, and relaxing stay. Just hearing that you have enjoyed multiple stays with us and that we are able to keep you wanting to come back, is just remarkable. Thank you for your praise on our excellent staff. We work really hard as a team to ensure that every guest encounter is a positive one, whether it’s from the bellman you are greeted by in the lobby, to the front desk agent checking you in, even to the housekeeper you see on the floors. We would be honored and look forward to having you stay with us again. See you soon!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Was hesitant to book this place due to some recent negative reviews. I can consider myself picky, but with the rate and the room that I got, I don't think its that bad at all. To summarize my stay:

Pros:
- Room was right size & clean (but showing some sign of wear & tear)
- Breakfast was basic but adequate, fruit section was fully stocked
- Hotel provided a complimentary ear plugs & spa sampler stuff for better sleep
- Internet was fast, was able to watch videos on YouTube fine
- Room rate, good a great deal for this stay

Cons:
- Hefty parking fee ($18/day), other hotels in the area is around $12 to $14
- The server (Asian female) during breakfast dishing the food, she told 2 guest opposite our table that those are fruit in steroids more than 3x (referring to the big strawberries in the fruit counter)
- Near the freeway, so noise might be an issue (but for me, it wasn't)

Overall, a great 1 night stay. Would stay again if they give me a good deal again.

Room Tip: Ask away from the freeway
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Paul O,

First off, thank you so much for taking your time to provide us with such an in depth review of your recent stay with us. We are very delighted to know that we did not disappoint you in the least. We appreciate you taking your time to give us your feedback on areas in which we can improve on. We are always looking for ways to better guests experience at our hotel, so any feedback is really appreciated. We do hope you get the opportunity to stay with us again.

West Bend, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel in two weeks. The first time they assigned me to a room that already had someone in it. This time they put me on the 9th floor which is the "quiet zone"and I have someone doing work in the next room with drilling and hammering. The restaurant in the hotel has probably the worst service I have ever had. The food is ok but the service is horrible. They cannot decide who takes care of patrons between the bar and the restaurant. I would avoid this hotel when you're visiting the San Francisco Airport if at all possible. There are so many other choices in this area this is not the one to take.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Brendan D, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear dalilevi13,

First off, I would like to personally apologize to you for two recent stays. At your earliest convenience, please contact me. I would love to discuss this further with you and would love an opportunity to try and make this up to you.

Sykeville, MD
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was met at the check in desk by C J Murphy, frazzled at the end of a long week far from home, and he made the process of checking in a refreshing and enjoyable experience. I started to relax and was completely at ease after entering my room. As I went down to the lobby to get something to eat he saw me and came over to make sure that every thing was ok and if there was anything else I needed. I assured him that I was fine and that I was very glad I had booked my last night in San Fran at this hotel.

At the bar of the cafe, the young man there, although not the bartender, immediately took my drink and food order and assured me that the on duty bartender would be there to take care of me. Two employees that took the time to step up to make sure that I was going to taken care of and not have to wait for service or attention.

I will certainly book a night there at my next visit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Brendan D, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Jimamigo,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are very pleased to hear that not only just one of our employees, but two were able to make a lasting impression on you. We will definitely recognize and award CJ for his efforts in assisting you. This is a prime example of the quality customer service that we aim to provide every one of our guests. We really look forward to having you come back and stay with us again.

Pune, India
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights over a weekend. Staff is friendly, check in - check out is very quick.
Rooms are spacious, bed is very comfortable. In room dining is good has a good variety. Service in restaurant is very slow at West bay cafe.
Good efficient scuttle service to and from San Francisco Air Port.
Recommended for transit stay and not for tourists as this far from Fishermans Wharf / Pier39 and the Golden Gate bridge.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Brendan D, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear agexplorer,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us with your feedback. We are happy to hear that you appreciated the ease of check-in and check-out by our friendly staff. I’m sorry that the service you experienced in our restaurant was not up to par. I will personally look into this. We hope you get the chance to come back to our hotel again soon.

Direct: 6503737001
Email: bdbeckett@sfocp.com
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 May 2014

i re-booked my flight for a later one so that i can sleep in, i walked in the room put my bags down and was about to sit my cup on the table to see that they didn't clean the room very well there was two cup rings on the table from the previous guest i was so tired i couldn't even go back downstairs to complain uugghh , i then get in the and look up and one of the ceiling tiles is falling down. so i put the do not disturb on the door but that didn't matter because when the house keeper came to clean the rooms across from me and next to me she made so much noise it woke me up on-top of they had worker next door to me and above me doing construction drilling , hammering and who knows what else so i paid for a extra day for nothing because sleep is what i didn't get frustrated and upset with the whole experience. and by the way there internet is slow.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Benu,

First off, I just want to apologize for the unpleasant stay you had with us. I’m definitely going to look into the condition of the room and follow up on who cleaned the room to ensure that this does not happen again. It is completely unacceptable and definitely not up to the Crowne Plaza standards. I’m also sorry to hear that you were not able to get the rest you wanted due to the noise from the construction. We are currently renovating our windows to allow for better sound insulation from the freeway. I do apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you. At your earliest convenience, please contact me. I would love an opportunity to make this up to. We do appreciate you taking your time to provide us with your feedback.

Email: bdbeckett@sfocp.com