“Had a great stay housekeeping was amazing”

Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I had to stay at this hotel for over a month while I completed a training program and everything was great except they didn't have enough fridges for all their tenants. Housekeepers were amazing Maggie especially did a great job, by the end of the stay we knew each other on a first name basis and she kept my room spotless thank you so much.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I booked this hotel a few days in advance but when I arrived I was told they did not have the room I reserved available, as the hotel was overbooked. The only room they could provide didn't have a regular bed only a couch that folded out into a bed. The only compensation they were willing to provide was a minor adjustment to the room rate and free parking. As it was late at night and I was too tired to look around for another hotel I stayed here and ended up paying a lot of money to sleep on a couch. I will definitely never book at this hotel again and I would caution anyone booking here that your room will not be guaranteed.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank PH209
Brendan D, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear PH209,

I’m sorry to hear about your recent less than satisfactory stay with us. I assure you we definitely do not make it a habit to put guests in rooms they did not book. We try our best to accommodate all of our guests to the best of our abilities. With that said, I apologize that we were not able to accommodate you during your stay. I will definitely follow up and find out what the situation was on that particular night. At your earliest convenience, please contact me; I would love to get a little more information from you so I can better assess the situation. I would also like to discuss what I can do to make this up to. I definitely appreciate you taking your time to provide us with your feedback and look forward to hearing from you soon.

D: 6503737001
E: Brendan Dixon-Beckett@interstatehotels.com

Reviewed 13 August 2014

What does one expect of an Airport hotel - proximity, ease of check-in, helpful staff, transportation to airport - the Crowne Plaza scores highly in all these areas. Check-in process was smooth.. The staff was helpful and even gave a free upgrade and late check-out when we requested. The shuttle to the airport was helpful and mostly on time. I think this is an ideal business hotel.. I did not experience any issues around noise etc, but that is probably because the room was on a higher floor and not highway facing. Did not eat anything in the hotel, but has some very nice restaurants in close proximity.. Ideal hotel if you need to stay close to SFO airport.

Room Tip: Higher floors will help
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Naren1309
Reviewed 8 August 2014

They gave us early check in which was a big plus as we were travelling with 2 toddlers ; also hourly shuttles to the airport and bart . rooms were cozy and comfortable.

A good place to stay if u have early flights to and fro wigth luggage.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Brendan D, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear megna_jain,

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport for your recent stay. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed a cozy and comfortable stay with us and was able to take advantage of our complimentary airport shuttle. We’re happy to hear that we were able to accommodate your needs during your visit with us. We look forward to having you come back and stay with us again.

T:650-373-7001

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I hate my 2 nights satay in this hotel. I had to ask for a better clean room twice, so I changed rooms twice before I agreed to stay. The rooms are old, and nothing matches in color or design starting with the carpet and ends with the comforter. The ceiling was peeling the paint, the bathroom is old and yaki! I showered wearing my flip flops. The hallways were dirty, and the general hotel condition including the hotel entrance is dirty and looks abandoned. the location is undesirable to my needs.Don,t forget to include the parking fees in your budget.

Room Tip: Try to get the upper floors rooms. Request a room that has been no pets. Look for location and clean...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Brendan D, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Gina0234,

I would like to just start by apologizing for your recent experience at our hotel. I assure you we set our standards much higher than that. From what I’m hearing, that is completely unacceptable and I will personally follow up on this to make sure that the rooms are up to the Crowne Plaza standards. We are currently in the process of renovating our hotel which includes replacing the carpets and décor in the guest rooms. Once that is complete I would love to have you come back to our property and experience some of the changes we’ve made. Here at the Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport, we are always looking for room to improve. And it’s only with feedback from our guest’s that we can pinpoint what areas to focus on. So I would just like to thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us. If you are ever back in the Burlingame area, please contact me. I would love the opportunity to make this up to you and once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Could not sleep because hotel is next to freeway and walls/windows do not block any sound.
Hotel has one restaurant: poor food quality, terrible room service.
Rooms are small and uncomfortable.
Will never stay here again. Would rather sleep in my car.

Room Tip: go to another hotel or ask for 9th or 10th floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear todd f,

Thank you so much for taking your time to provide with your feedback. I’m sorry to hear about your recent less than satisfactory stay with us. I apologize that you found the rooms to be a little noisy and were unable to sleep. However, we are more than happy to let you know that we are currently in the process of renovating our guest room windows to provide for better sound insulation from the highways. We are doing this in hopes of improving sleep quality for all of our guests. Our goal here at the Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport to make sure that every guest that checks into our hotel experience a comfortable, quiet, and relaxing stay. I’m truly sorry we fell short of that during your stay. If you are ever back in the area, please contact me. I would love a chance to make this up to you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Room was the worst quality for a Crown Plaza.
1. The toilet was cracked.
2. The toilet fill valve was defective (took a long time to fill and flush).
3. The carpet in the room was Bad !!!. There was a 4 to 6 inch gap around the AC unit. The concrete floor and thermostat wires were showing. See pics.
4. There were pieces of the popcorn ceiling on the floor.

General Review
There is alot of road noise that enters the room. Its as if the windows are wide open. The Quiet Zone (7th Floor) is NOT really Quiet..

Takeaway
If you can afford $140 per night for a bed, shower, noisy room, cracked toilet that wont proprly flush, popcorn from the ceiling on the floor and poor carpeting.... This is your BEST BET!!

Room Tip: The Quiet Zone (7th Floor) is NOT really Quiet.. Premium price for low quality room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Disappointed T,

I would like to just start off by apologizing to you. This is definitely not the standard to which we try to meet. I will personally inspect this room to make sure that everything is up to the Crowne Plaza standards so that no future occupants of the room experience the same problems. As for the noise, we are currently renovating our guest room windows to provide for better sound insulation from the highway so I do apologize if the room was a little noisy. However, I assure you we are working to make the rooms as quiet as possible to provide our guests with quiet and comfortable stays. If you are ever back in the area, please contact me, I would love a chance to make this up to you. I definitely appreciate you taking your time to provide us with your feedback. It is only with our guest’s feedback that we know where we can improve because there is always room to improve. I hope to hear from you soon.