“Margaritaville :-)”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The food is super! Very large portions and the chips and salsa are wonderful and you can eat your way through a couple of baskets before you know it. Their margaritas are very good as well. Large portions and mixed to perfection. The burritos are large, stuffed with great choices and well worth the visit. Again, when in San Francisco and staying at a near-by hotel, it is well-worth the visit. A great flavor and quality.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

I am not really a fan of Mexican food so my review could be biased. I found the salsa very watery and it was not that great.

The ambience was casual and I noticed it was great for big groups.

The staff were all Mexican and that was nice to see.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Stopped by on a Sunday on the way to the airport for a lunch, about 1:30, we thought the lunch crowd would be gone. We waited 35 minutes for our lunch we mistakenly ordered off the menu rather than going to the buffet, and I got the wrong entree. I ate it anyway, as I didn't want to wait for a replacement. The restaurant wans noisy and loud, and service was downright inattentive. The restaurant is really tired - the carpet is dirty and sticky, and the varnish on the wood tables is peeling off and sticky. They need to step up and fix this place - El Torito used to be the gold standard in fine mexican food. I would not return based on this experience. I will say the food was pretty.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

We were looking for a reasonably priced restaurant for two jet-lagged couples within walking distance of the Marriott and we stumbled onto El Torito. Because we were early, we were able to snag one of the booths overlooking San Francisco Bay. The decor is what I would expect to see in a Mexican restaurant It has that well-worn Mexican patina. Our orders were taken quickly but when the dishes were served, my husband's tacos were the only things not ready. He had his sides, but had to wait another 5 minutes or so for the tacos to show up. Our friends had salads and I had one of the specials. I would say the food was spicier than Mexican food we have at home, but it was very good and the prices were very reasonable. We'd go back if we were in the area again.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

Macho combo platter. Feeds two, just ask for an extra plate.