“Great Hotel”
Review of Bay Landing Hotel

Bay Landing Hotel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Reviewed 1 January 2008

We stayed for one night and found this to be a terrific hotel. Our room had a wonderful bay view.
One aspect that doesn't get mentioned much by others is that there is very long attractive path around the bay, just at the back of the hotel that is ideal for a relaxing walk or jog.
You can also walk to the nearby Marriott for a shuttle bus to Burlingame for a pretty good selection of shops and restaurants.

Others have mentioned the shuttle bus and the staff. We found both to be fine.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank HappyTravels68
Write a ReviewReviews (1,042)

Reviewed 31 December 2007

We use this hotel to break up a long drive through CA. Rooms are still very nice, breakfast still filling w/ many choices to choose from. Staff always helpful. Convienent location off freeway....my kids never tire of watching the planes take off at SFO....ask for a Bay View room. Make sure to check that both your interior and exterior windows are closed completely....it makes a significant difference in soundproofing. The paved walking path is a great place to stretch your wiggly kids' legs.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank pepperanella
Reviewed 8 December 2007

We liked this hotel very much for what it was, not a resort but a very comfortable & pleasant place to stay before catching the plane in the morning.

We had a bayside room which was superb. It had very good beds & an interesting view. The bathroom was fantastic & very clean. This is a super-clean hotel.

Some of the other reviewers complained about the front desk yet we found them ok, if a little bit slow.

The breakfast was very good & you could take it out to a nice patio overlooking the bay.

There were a number of places to eat nearby (walking distance) & the hotel staff recommended one a few doors down, which whilst not 1st class was good for the price & we had a nice table with water views.

I've stayed at a lot of airport hotels & this was the best in value for money & location.

It was also nice to be able to walk along the bay at sunset.

Point to note is the great free parking at this hotel. They also advertise a very good room rate of one night which gives you a number of days free parking. So you can fly off & return & the parking pays for the room!

We had been staying in the five star & very highly rated Omni San fran hotel for 3 days & this hotel compared well.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank digger2
Reviewed 24 October 2007

From the moment I made my reservation to the trip in the shuttle and the friendly staff at the reception desk (great warm cookies) I knew I'd found a new home away from home. There are plenty of hotels to choose from in the area (Marriott, Hyatt, Hampton, Hilton etc) but I love the hotel because its so unique and a really good bargin. Beautiful bay views and tasty contenintal breakfast which was free. I noticed that this hotel doesn't charge for parking like the other locations in the area. I come to this area often for business and by far this is the best location for many reason!!

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank BostonRobert
Reviewed 23 October 2007

Okay so first of all the shuttle service was terrible, That had me thinking that the hotel was going to be a drag. But once I set foot into the Hotel, My reaction was "WOW!!!!" The reception desk was really friendly and outgoing folks, I really really felt they did the best they could to make me and my family welcomed, never hesistated to help us with any needs or questions. there was no pool in the hotel, but thats okay (too many kids would be in it anyways). The rooms were cozy, quiet, clean and really affordable. The breakfast wasn't what I'd expected but it was really good and healthy, when I go to the other hotels they serve those fatening greasy eggs and bacon and all that other junk NO!!! at the Bay Landing, They had fruits, cereal, hard boiled eggs waffles, pancakes and more good stuff that will fill you up and not make you FAT. This Hotel deserves 2 big Thumbs up.
I give my Thanks to the Managers and the Staff for making my stay as comfortable as possible

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2007

I just finished my stay at the Bay Landing Hotel and booked this hotel because of the great reviews on trip advisor and the price was unbeatable.

The staff was outstanding. very polite and helpful and I couldn't ask for much more. Each person I encountered at the front desk was friendly and had all the answers! Gave you a more personal stay!

The breakfast was wonderful and the shuttle is an added bonus. Both are FREE. My only complaint was the stain on the carpet in my room but when I told the front desk they were more than happy to switch my room AND GAVE ME A BAY VIEW FOR THE INCONVENIENCE!

you must be crazy to complain about this hotel because it is by far the best hotel in the area (and I’ve stayed at many of the hotels near by) I will be staying there again!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2007

Upon driving into the parking lot the property appears pleasant. The entry into the lobby is impressive....and then you encounter the staff.

I would agree with the previous review. The front desk staff is rude. They ask for credit card/id and quickly swipe the card ask you to sign and hand you a key card. For such a pretty lobby, the staff is very lacking. Management should quickly resolve this problem. I have experienced better customer service at a fast food restaurant. The staff makes this place cold and institutional.

At check in there was no greeting, no directions to room, no mention of where the elevators were, no mention of breakfast, and no mention of the little store I noticed in the lobby when I was leaving. No thank you and no pleasantries.
With that kind of attitude at the front desk they would be better to have self serve kiosk for check in.

As for the room, it was clean with some wear and tear. The windows were filthy. It really didn't matter since the view was street side. The wall mounted heating/cooling system was pitiful. You can see it in previous trip advisor candid photos. Yes, that's the unit above the framed picture hanging on the wall.

I have stayed elsewhere near the airport and paid less, experienced a nicer room, a view, and definitely better service.

My advise..... Explore your options.

• Stayed: October 2007
2  Thank cincibuckeye
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
Hampton Inn & Suites San Francisco-Burlingame-Airport South
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South
Aloft San Francisco Airport

Been to Bay Landing Hotel? Share your experiences!