“Another great stay”
Review of Bay Landing Hotel

Bay Landing Hotel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

It's still the best deal on the airport strip. Great rates, large quiet rooms, comfy beds. Breakfast is good with hot and cold options. You can take it back to your room or eat outside on the patio overlooking the bay if you don't want to eat in the dining area. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. Even though you are so close to the airport it's very quiet. I had booked a non bay view room but was given a bay view one, nice. There is a free shuttle to the airport. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for a hotel near the airport.

• Stayed: October 2013
Brian F, General Manager at Bay Landing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Philly413,
Thank you for the recommendation. We are glad that you enjoy our deluxe continental breakfast as well as our bay front location. We appreciate your continued loyalty, and hope to see you again on your next visit from Canada!

There are newer reviews for Bay Landing Hotel

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Though I called in advance requesting a room not facing on the busy street, and was told that I was not on the street, the room looked onto the street and an intersection. This was a serious breech of the truth. I will not stay at this property in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank William S

Dear William,
Thank you for staying at the Bay Landing earlier this month. I am sorry that an error was made in your room assignment. I do wish that you will reconsider staying with us in the future. Please let me know if I may assist you with reservations. I can be reached at bfox@hotelpros.biz. We hope to be able to serve you on your next visit to the area.

Brian Fox

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I was a little disappointed after all the good reviews I had read online. I had booked a room for 3 adults, and was surprised to see two double beds in the room, which do not fit two average-sized adults comfortably. I called front desk to ask about what can be done and I was told, "Well, the only rooms we have available with two queen beds are $400 a night suites, so..." I asked about an extra bed and was told they could not do that because "it is a hazard." One of us had to sleep on the floor because the beds were cramped and tight. The bathrooms are clean, but like the other reviews here say, the rooms are a bit dated. The beds are saggy with springs and are hard on the back. The room was clean but I did not like the chemical-smelling air freshner they had used.

Breakfast is included, which is a plus, but the dining area is really small and cramped for the amount of guests they have at the hotel. You are constantly bumping into other guests at the dining area or having to wait in line for the microwave or food, as there are lines. Some of the staff in the dining area acted like they were tired and unhappy to be there.

The location is good, and I liked the trail they had in the back to walk or go for a run. Parking and wifi are free. Despite all of these, I would not stay here again only because the accomodations were not very comfortable or relaxing.

Room Tip: If traveling as a family, rooms can only comfortably fit two adults and two kids, unless you book an...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed at the Bay Landing Hotel for a couple of days while attending a business conference. The staff was very helpful and were always ready to give directions or call a cab. The breakfast was only average. They have not updated the rooms in awhile it seems as the television in my room was an old-style Zenith with no HD. I was also disappointed there was no ipod dock. On the plus side, it is right on the water with a trail for walking / running / biking just out the back door. It is within walking distance to several restaurants and also has a decent exercise room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This hotel is maybe a bit dated but the rooms and bathroom are big and some have a very pleasant view on San Francisco Bay. No noise at all on that side.
The staff is really very helpful.
Breakfast is included and is the best I've had (in a 3 stars hotel) during my stay in California.
You even have a free shuttle every 1/2 hour during the day that takes you to the airport and the BAT train station (30 mns to Powell station) Free WI-FI and sports room.
Jogging possible along the bay .

Room Tip: Upper floor on the bay (for the view).
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank helenaparis
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My husband and I decided to book one night at Bay Landing Hotel given the fact that our flight would arrive in San Francisco airport around midnight, and we thought it didn´t make sense to pay $300 a night for sleeping just a couple of hours, which was the average nightly rate of the hotel in the city of San Francisco, where we were going to be staying for the following days of our trip.
As we entered the hotel, we noticed the lobby was nice and cozy. The breakfast area, which was adjacent to the lobby was neat and had a fairly good size. The person at the front desk who check us in, was very courteous.
The hallways and everything on our way to the room were nice and clean: carpet, walls, furniture, doors, etc.
When we entered the room we were blown away, as we were expecting a three star hotel room. It was neat, cozy, spacious, and tastefully decorated. The bathroom was huge. It had separate shower and tub, which was most convenient for us. The bed was extremely comfy, as were the pillows and the duvet. The furniture very well maintained. Big Flat TV, and even had a microwave. Nothing looked worn nor tired.From our vantage point, the room we stayed in, looked no less, like the room of a well kept 4 star hotel.
Breakfast was good an varied.
The hotel is in front of the water and has a outdoor sitting area which was a nice touch. Front desk people were very helpful and diligent to arrange transportation for us to go to the city in the morning. Overall experience: Excellent!
We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mel-Salaga
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Stayed at a number of airport hotels around SFO,Hilton and red roof also, and this was the best, a little dated but value is good and would happily stay here again. In fact i tried but they were booked up. Clearly a popular hotel. Free wifi and decent gym helps.

Stayed: October 2013
Brian F, General Manager at Bay Landing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for staying at the Bay Landing on your recent trip from London. We are glad that you felt you had a good value, and that you enjoyed our gym facilities. Your patronage is appreciated!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites San Francisco-Burlingame-Airport South
Aloft San Francisco Airport
The Westin San Francisco Airport

Been to Bay Landing Hotel? Share your experiences!