“Spacious rooms and accessible balconies!!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
San Angelo, Texas
“Spacious rooms and accessible balconies!!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is being remodeled so ask for a renovated room when booking. Each floor has accessible balconies to get some fresh air in your room and there are balconies on each floor with ash trays so smokers can enjoy the hotel without having to book a smoking room to stink up your luggage, clothes, etc. it was perfect for us. The only complaint I have about this hotel is that the breakfast is not always buffet style like other embasseys- several days we had to wait in line at the omelet station just to get eggs and bacon and it took forever.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
ManagementHotel, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for taking your valuable time to review our hotel, as well as sharing your positive comments as well as need areas. We look forward to seeing you on future visits to the San Francisco area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, United States
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We had family come out for my partner's graduation and decided to stay here again because we had family stay at the Walnut Creek Embassy Suites and it was great. First, our reservation was a mess and they put it in the guests rooms without connecting it to my reservation (even though I reserved it as a group). Between checking in, I kept getting lectured of how I should have called instead of booked online -- thanks but not needed! I won't get into too many more details but I will share the biggest one. As I was getting my son (2) ready for bed, I did my bed bug/sheet check. I found hair near the feet end of the bed. And let's just say, it was not the hair on the top of your head and it wasn't woven into the sheet, it was sitting right on top!! I wish I took a picture but I was so grossed out that I just took my son to the living room and called the front desk. They sent someone up but they only brought the fitted sheet. I told them that I need them to replace all the bedding. As housekeeping was changing the sheet and the other person went to get the other bedding, she asked me if I wanted them to change the pillow cases. YES!!! Change it all, please! I don't even know if they did but I had to keep it moving because I was exhausted and had a busy weekend ahead. Other issues included: TV's not working, room smelling like cigarette smoke, poor restaurant service, and sending the bill to the rooms after I asked them to only send it to me since I am paying for it. The view was amazing. The airplanes did not sound too loud but definitely heard. They are in the middle of construction so lots of closed spaces. Oh and we were staying in the "newly renovated" rooms so I don't know why these problems/issues occurred.

1 Thank Karen H
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. It is truly appreciated that you chose our hotel during your stay in our area for your partner’s graduation and we apologize for the problems you encountered with your bedding. We are glad that we were able to get it replaced and have addressed the other issues you mentioned with our staff. We assure you that if you give us another opportunity, you won't be disappointed in the future.
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed for 1 night in this hotel. We love the place. Room is big. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite (with a view of the water) that was newly renovated according to the front desk. There's 2 double beds in the bedroom and 1 sofa bed in the living room. I find the double bed in the room smaller than the double bed in another hotel. Toilets were a bit small for the size of the room. But no complaints. Rooms is clean, wifi is free. I was able to do a bit of work in the sitting area while the kids went for a swim. Complimentary breakfast was great.

Staff was courteous and helpful. Special mention to Sean from the front desk who was very accommodating.

1 Thank Kate5142014
ManagementHotel, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for taking your valuable time to review our hotel, as well as sharing your positive comments. We look forward to seeing you on future visits to the San Francisco area.
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Best we can expect among others. We have been at other condos but not so much satisfactory merit we could expect. Easy access to the SFO by cortesy shttles and so on. What do you expect me to say more about it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I was a guest at this hotel for about 5 days as part of a business trip. Pluses include the nice breakfast (assuming you get in line earlier as advised), the location (very close, but not too close to the airport) with a nice view of the SF Bay, the shuttle service which not only provides access to the airport, but access to BART (which goes into downtown San Francisco and other surrounding areas), the friendly and professional staff, the good quality internet throughout the hotel, and a reasonably sized room. Negatives include the noise, which includes (non-permanent) construction noise as well as the noise from the wide range of groups that the hotel draws--from business groups to teenager parties to dance conventions (this can be really disruptive on the weekends) and the rather poor manager's reception (noted by another). Hotel needs to do a better job cleaning up the plates, glasses, and towels which guests often leave in the hallways leading to rooms. For lunch try the sandwich shop in the building across the street.

Room Tip: Definitely get a room on a high floor away from the elevators. And, if not too costly (there is an...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Worlds_of_Wonder
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for taking your valuable time to review our hotel, as well as sharing your positive comments and need areas. We look forward to seeing you on future visits to the San Francisco area.
Dallas, Tx
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed in one of the renovated rooms on the 7th floor so construction noise was not an issue for our family. However, we were puzzled as to the absence of towel racks or hooks in the bathroom. My wife has a hanging cosmetics bag and there was no place to put it. Additionally, the hotel encourages you to conserve water by reusing towels (laudable), They ask you to hang your towel if you do not want it replaced. Where? It seems that no matter where we left our towels, they were replaced. So much for trying to be environmentally friendly!

Upon check-in we were asked if we were in a car. We were given a permit for it, but never told that there was a $21/day parking charge. This is exorbitant given the hotel's location and that nearby competitors do not charge.

Breakfast was good but the lines were long. At other Embassy Suites you wait in line for a made-to-order omelette but the other dishes (scrambled eggs, pancakes, potatoes, bacon, sausage, etc) are self serve. At this location you get in line for all of these dishes, which exacerbated the delay. The portions are small and since you have to turn in a meal ticket at the beginning of the line, you cannot go back for seconds. During the weekend they had a secondary line where you could get the all of the items listed above except for the omelette. The puzzling thing was that the line closed down during what the hotel terms as "red" or peak dining time (when it was needed the most). When I pointed this out to the server, he merely shrugged his shoulders, Of course once this secondary line closed down, the length of the primary line became ridiculously long.

Finally, the hotel charges for all internet access. i know that hotels in downtown areas usually charge for room access, but they generally offer free WiFi in the lobby. Not at this Embassy Suites. You do have the option of using the business center, which I did. One of the computers was down, and even though they are hard-wired, connectivity was slow and dropped several times in the 15 minutes I used it.

All in all, it was a disappointing stay. With other less expensive options in the area, I doubt that I will return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for o room on a floor where renovations have been completed.
1 Thank public1
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the abnormal situation you encountered during your stay here and regret you were not satisfied. We appreciate you alerting us to these issues and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.
Napa, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Nice place. Under construction and noisy, temp facilities. I was here on business and looked forward to staying at Embassy. I was willing to spend the money for the brand. You could hear the banging on the walls up till 7PM. When I went to the front desk, there were others already there complaining. I was understanding and received a drink coupon. Front desk service was excellent. The temp bar, bartenders had 0 personality and were unhappy about having to work at a temp facility until the construction was completed. I didn't need the drama. I am a fan of the brand but, it makes sense to give reduced rates during construction. No worries, I will return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Craig J
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We understand our current construction was an inconvenience during your stay and sincerely apologize for this. As we work to enhance our provided guest experience, we try to also make sure current guests enjoy a pleasant stay. Your feedback will help us make the necessary adjustments to do so. Thank you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Fra...
#8 of 28 in South San Francisco
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront

Property: Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront
Address: 150 Anza Blvd, Burlingame, CA 94010-1924
Region: United States > California > Burlingame
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#8 Business Hotel in Burlingame
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £££
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront 3.5*
Located directly on the waterfront along a breathtaking walking / jogging trail, the Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport- Waterfront hotel in Burlingame, CA is located just minutes from the airport and a short drive to downtown San Francisco. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Burlingame