Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Santa Cruz, California
“"Not a good experience"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I haven't stayed at this Embassy Suites for several years, it used to be one of my favorite places to stay, but it has really gone downhill. When I made my reservation, it was for a waterfront room and a high floor if possible. Upon arrival and checking in, I was told that the hotel was fully booked and that a high floor and a view of the water was not available. I asked to speak with the manager on duty to explain that my reservation was for a bay view, hoping that we could work something out. The front desk receptionist walked back to the managers desk and came back to tell me that central reservations is not on premises and that sometimes they mess up. So anyway, I didn't get my bay view room and the manager never came over to talk with me. Not that it really matters, but knowing that I was a Hilton honors member apparently made no difference. It appears that the hotel is going through a transition.

While walking to the room, I noticed that the hallways were filthy, the fake trees were very dusty and the lighting was poor..kinda depressing and unlike any other experience I've had at Embassy Suites. I really hope they get their act together, as the location is excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
ManagementHotel, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest
We appreciate your feedback of your recent stay at our hotel and sincerely apologize you did not have a great stay with us. We do our best to upgrade our value HHonors members however it is based upon availability and at times we are not able to accommodate these requests.
Our renovation is completed and we are in a final phase of refreshing our property and providing the best service possible experience and service to all guests.
We hope you will give our property another chance in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Turkish first
Bowie, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was my first time stay at the Embassey Suites in San Francisco and it was beautiful. The rooms are large, clean, and comfortable. And the view from my suite looking out onto the Bay was fantistic! I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for taking your valuable time to review our hotel, as well as sharing your positive comments. We look forward to seeing you on future visits to the San Francisco area.
Dakar, Senegal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We got a very nice Bayview room, which had amazing views very beautiful. We stayed here because we had to take my cousin to the airport at 4am, so wanted to be able to come back and crash.

Honestly I would have rated this property as amazing if we didn't have such a problem getting a crib. I requested a crib on my reservation and called at 10pm when driving to the hotel to ask again about a crib for our room and I was assured there were plenty. We finally arrived at the hotel at a little bit for 11pm and they were overbooked on doubles, the agent comped a second king room...which was very nice and an amazing offer, very appreciative. The agent assures us a crib is on the way to our room

We get to our rooms and at 11:30pm the crib has not shown up, obviously at this hour we are tired and have a cranky baby ready to go to bed. At 11:45pm we call again for a crib and again are assured the crib is on it's way. 12:15am is when the crib showed up, which I understand they were busy, but honestly I called before we arrived and noted it on our reservation and expected that the crib would have been able to be in the room before we even arrived, I didn't expect that I would be waiting an hour and 15 minutes for a crib. Left at 3:45am to take cousin to airport and got back at 6AM to get some more sleep. We asked for a late check-out of 1pm and I was told that due to being sold out there was no late check-outs, so being sleep deprived that added to my dissatisfaction.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dawn2281
ManagementHotel, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for sharing your feedback of your stay at our hotel. We sincerely apologize that you did nor receive the crib in a timely manner. Your feedback points us toward areas that we can improve upon to make sure we're providing the most exceptional guest experience possible. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will return to see our improvements. Thank you!
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

There is a big renovation in the hotel. will be beautifull if it is ready. Big rooms and very nice breakfast. The restaurant has a lot of options to eat. loved de manager's receptions. big parking and very nice staff at check in. I will return again to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We appear to be staying here during the tail-end of the renovation everybody seems to be talking about. The only portions of the hotel that are really out of commission is 1 of the 5 elevators and the locks leading to the pool area and workout facility. Look like they did a good job!

The workout room in nice with some very new Precor treadmills and ellipticals (with private TV screens), a universal, some medicine balls, adjustable benches and an entire rack of dumbbells. Hopefully locks are working now as yesterday, guests were having to let each other in.

The pool is a little small, but warm and nice. Was a bit crowded on Thursday night with lots of families splashing and screaming. They have a shower area, and full size towels for swimmers, although last night they ran out and some people had to drip their way back to their room.

The staff has been exceptional, but only the front desk staff. At breakfast, the people working the omelet counter were a tad cranky and rude, at least to my party. The busser was really nice and quick after we accidentally spilled some juice. The gift shop employee was probably the worst I've seen. I was looking for some toiletries and she was on the phone the entire time, speaking (I think) Chinese. I just walked out after waiting a couple of minutes and the front desk helped me find a Walgreens about 3 minutes away.

The room is great! New and clean. Water pressure is awesome in the shower as well. WiFi isn't free unless you are an AT&T customer (Internet or UVerse or something of that nature). Otherwise it's 13.95 per day.

Overall it is a great hotel and the waterfront is awesome! We MAY stay here again, but it's certainly not perfect.

Room Tip: If you can face the bay, the rooms are incredible. It never hurts to ask when checking in!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for taking your valuable time to review our hotel, as well as sharing your positive comments. You will be happy to know that the elevators are back in service, and all locks have been changed as part of our renovation upgrade. We look forward to seeing you on future visits to the San Francisco area.
waarce
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I just finished a two day stay at this hotel. It was really nice and the prices were great. The free breakfast and free drink happy hour were great. The staff was attentive and the view from my suite was spectacular. I was able to take a shot from the balcony of a plane landing. You can see planes land, so if you are a plane spotter this place is for you. The hotel appears to be have been updated recently. The carpet and everything else smelled new. I would highly recommend this hotel. Whereas is not in San Francisco, is close enough. I wouldn't stay near downtown too crowded and really pricey.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank waarce
ManagementHotel, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest
PS- Renovations are 99% completed!
Ridgewood, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stay at the Embassy Suites when we come out to visit my daughter and her family at least twice a year. It's close to the airport and to my daughter so that works perfect. We have come to know the staff and they are great. They work hard to make your stay a pleasant one. They are going through a major renovation so there have been some challenges. The work is moving along nicely and the changes are very good ones.
We love the breakfasts and our grand children love the pool.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
ManagementHotel, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest
Note- The renovation is it its last phase and should be completed in the next week to ten days!