“For the ultimate in family comfort, book a suite here!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
roblin
“For the ultimate in family comfort, book a suite here!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

First, let me be clear that our room was booked with reward points, so our actual out of pocket expense was minimal. I was really impressed that it made no difference to the staff there, however. We still got treated like vips. We booked a suite that accommodated us and our 4 children nicely, with a deck overlooking the Bay. We got comp snacks from the vending machine. Everything about this hotel made us very happy, and next time we fly to California to see my family, we will stay here again. Lovely place!

• Stayed June 2014
ManagementHotel, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for taking your valuable time to review our hotel, as well as sharing your positive comments. We look forward to seeing you on future visits to the San Francisco area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Turkish first
Phoenix, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My non-smoking room stunk like smoke. The open sliding door in the room tells me it's not the first complaint. Sleeping in a room that smells like smoke makes for terrible sleep quality, doesn't matter what the bed is like. Phones don't work so don't try calling anyone to tell them your problems. I would avoid this property if possible.

2 Thank Robert K
ManagementHotel, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest
We appreciate your feedback of your recent stay at our hotel and sincerely apologize you did not have a great stay with us. You will be happy to know this month we are converting to a 100% non smoking hotel
We will be addressing your concerns with the appropriate teams to make sure we provide the best possible experience to all guests. Our goal is to always provide comfortable accommodations for all guests and we're sorry you experienced a smell and were unhappy. We hope you will give our property another chance in the future and provide feedback on our improvements.
Woodland Hills, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I was in town for the Western Secondary Mortgage Banking Conference at the St. Francis Hotel. Every year for the past 22 years I have attended and stay at the St. Francis. This time I just wanted to try something different and what a surprise. I could not have been treated better and feel more comfortable anywhere. See you soon Embassy!! :) Fred Grant

2 Thank Fred G
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for taking your valuable time to review our hotel, as well as sharing all of your positive comments. We look forward to seeing you on future visits to the San Francisco area.
Burlington, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Could not ask for more with the cleanliness and size of the room, the made to order breakfast and the beautiful view. The only reason I gave it a 4 star is during our stay the elevators seem to be having issues with some not working at various times. Overall a great stay though.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
ManagementHotel, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
San Diego
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Wish we had more time here. Will be back. Waterfront with lovely walking trails and pier. Beautiful clean spacious rooms, great breakfast, friendly staff, decent manager's reception, lovely indoor pool and exercise room, 30 min from downtown SF, 10 min to airport, 2 min from downtown Burlingame for food.

FREE shuttle to SFO every 20 minutes, driver loads and unloads your luggage takes you right to terminal, hugh high end air conditioned bus very spacious.

Very pleased. Will return.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I haven't stayed at this Embassy Suites for several years, it used to be one of my favorite places to stay, but it has really gone downhill. When I made my reservation, it was for a waterfront room and a high floor if possible. Upon arrival and checking in, I was told that the hotel was fully booked and that a high floor and a view of the water was not available. I asked to speak with the manager on duty to explain that my reservation was for a bay view, hoping that we could work something out. The front desk receptionist walked back to the managers desk and came back to tell me that central reservations is not on premises and that sometimes they mess up. So anyway, I didn't get my bay view room and the manager never came over to talk with me. Not that it really matters, but knowing that I was a Hilton honors member apparently made no difference. It appears that the hotel is going through a transition.

While walking to the room, I noticed that the hallways were filthy, the fake trees were very dusty and the lighting was poor..kinda depressing and unlike any other experience I've had at Embassy Suites. I really hope they get their act together, as the location is excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest
We appreciate your feedback of your recent stay at our hotel and sincerely apologize you did not have a great stay with us. We do our best to upgrade our value HHonors members however it is based upon availability and at times we are not able to accommodate these requests.
Our renovation is completed and we are in a final phase of refreshing our property and providing the best service possible experience and service to all guests.
We hope you will give our property another chance in the future.
Bowie, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was my first time stay at the Embassey Suites in San Francisco and it was beautiful. The rooms are large, clean, and comfortable. And the view from my suite looking out onto the Bay was fantistic! I would highly recommend staying here.

Dear Valued Guest
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront
DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Fra...
#8 of 28 in South San Francisco
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront

Property: Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront
Address: 150 Anza Blvd, Burlingame, CA 94010-1924
Region: United States > California > Burlingame
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#8 Business Hotel in Burlingame
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront 3.5*
Located directly on the waterfront along a breathtaking walking / jogging trail, the Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport- Waterfront hotel in Burlingame, CA is located just minutes from the airport and a short drive to downtown San Francisco. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Burlingame