“Second Stay at this property”

DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I just stayed at this hotel for the second time. The best of all hotels near the San Francisco airport. From the moment you arrive the staff makes you feel welcome. The shuttle bus to the airport is the nicest of any airport hotel I have ever stayed. I ate both dinner and breakfast at hotel. Excellent Breakfast buffet and the bar lounge is very relaxing with great service. What impressed me during my first visit was the manager stood in the lobby in the morning to thank guests fro staying at the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the feedback. I will make sure we share your kind comments with the Staff. They will be excited to hear that they made a difference with your stay. Hopefully, on your next visit, I will be able to thank you personally. Safe travels and looking forward to your return.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,686)

Reviewed 30 March 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times. I usually stay here and take advantage of the park & fly rate. It's usually the cheapest p&f rate in the area. The front desk staff is very helpful & friendly. The shuttle service is good. Never had to wait too long at SFO for pick up.

Now onto the bad-the rooms have seen better days. The bathroom was dingy, there was rust all over the door frame. The bathtub had a substantial amount of mildew. My son wanted take a bath but no way was I letting him sit in that thing. The furniture is old as well. This was by far the worst of the rooms I've stayed in at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank mamason
Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel on TripAdvisor. I was glad to hear that you received the service that you expected. I apologize about the condition of the room. The Hotel is currently renovating the guest rooms. I am happy to say that we have received 288 new desk chairs and have already placed them in the rooms. The East Tower rooms are almost done and then we will move on to the West Tower. On your next visit you will begin to see improvements. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

Since Hilton has gotten more involved with this property there have been some room improvements such as remodeled bathrooms. Unfortunately, it doesn't change the paper thin walls in the tower rooms or the various odors one is subjected to in the wing with 5(?) floors. The heating/cooling system is old and noisy, the windows open but don't lock and my room had no shade, only the blackout curtain. There wasn't an outlet on the desk to plug in my laptop but after crawling around the floor under the desk, a dangling extension cord did the trick. On the positive side: a shuttle to Burlingame, close to the bay, a decent Mexican restaurant by the golf course and a "diner" in the Red Roof across the street. The shuttle will take you to the BART at the airport to get to downtown San Fran.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms over the trash bins--24/26. The 10 rooms have a nice bayview. Rooms in the tower hav...
1  Thank lady frobisher
Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time write a review about our Hotel on TripAdvisor. You are correct that we are renovating the bathrroms on the east tower. After we are done there we will begin a full renovation of the rooms in the west tower. These rooms we will be adding more outlets by the desk and bed. We will also be eliminating the non-smoking floor on the fifth floor. Hopefully on your next visit we will have an even better product to show you as well as having addressed some of your concerns. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

I always love visiting Burlingame, CA and staying at the Double Tree mades it all the nicer. The location is fantastic, a short shuttle ride or drive from the airport, situated a block off the bay and with a short 5 minute driving distance to the heart of Burlingame where you will find a number of fantastic dining spots and some nightlife. You can also take a short but lovely walk right along the bay to Kincaids, one of the premier Prime Rib restaurants with fantastic service and a wonderful view!

The rooms are fairly spacious and very comfortable and I found the staff quite friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our Hotel. I too like the City of Burlingame. The Hotel is also a member of a complimentary shuttle that will take our guests into Burlingame. It is a pleasant town with plenty of boutique stores and restaurants. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

I had a business stay at this hotel in March, 2012. I had requested a nonsmoking room in advance, but none were available when I arrived. I have fairly high status with HiltonHonors, but they would not change the room.

My room number was 583. As I got off the elevator, there was a very strong odor of old cigarettes, laced with sulfur and barbeque. It was revolting. The room was not much better. It was shabby and dirty and looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in ages.

There were dark spotches of some substance on the carpet, complete with cigarette burns, and some foul sticky dark matter on the desk. I feared what I would have been able to see if I had a black light. The base of the desk lamp was beaten up, and the electrical cord was pulling out.

The bathroom had holes in the wall from something that had been mounted there in the past and removed or simply pulled off. There was something black at the base of the curtain in the bathtub.

I called the front desk and again asked them to call me if another room became available, as I was leaving for a meeting. Unfortunately, by the time I got back to the hotel, I was forced to return to this horrible room.

I didn't even unpack, trying to keep the odor from seeping into my clothing. It was quite difficult to sleep. I never took my shoes off in the room, afraid to step on that carpet.

I simply cannot understand the positive reviews left for this hotel. I am not exaggerating to say I have stayed in cleaner and nicer hotels in third world countries. The entire hotel is rather shabby and ill kept, except for the lobby, which gives a false sense of hope when one enters.

I would NEVER recommend this hotel, nor would I stay here again. Hilton needs to take a wrecking ball to this place and start over again. Don't believe me? Look at the attached pictures.

2  Thank gracie-boo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel on TripAdvisor. As we type we are in the process of renovating our guest rooms. The smoking floor will be eliminated when the construction crews get to that floor and then it will become a non-smoking floor with brand new rooms. After we have finished renovating the guest rooms, we will begin renovating the public space which we expect to start in May of 2012. If you care to discuss your stay further with myself please feel free to contact me 650-373-5500 or by email at michael.mckee@hilton.com. Thank you for staying with us and we are listening.

Reviewed 14 March 2012

The hotel was great. Free shuttle pick up/drop off service to SFO. Very prompt. The ride was a bit longer than I had expected, but certainly not inconvenient. Room was perfectly fine, and breakfast was plentiful. Not particularly convenient for a visit to San Francisco city, but it was ideal for me, as my flight arrived at midnight, and by 12:30 I was in my room at the hotel to sleep. The next morning I took the shuttle back to SFO to catch the BART into the city (BART station at the international terminal, and the fare was $8.10 each way).

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Thank you for posting a review of our Hotel on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you found the Hotel location to be satisfactory. We are only a few miles from the airport. Taking our shuttles to the BART station in the San Francisco Airport is an easy way to get into the city. Once again, thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel.

Reviewed 13 March 2012

This Doubletree is located close to SFO. A shuttle is provided to the airport every 15 minutes, and it is reliable and convenient. Rooms are more than adequate for one or a few nights, with a good sized bathroom, good bed, and nice shower. And, the prices are quite good. There is a Starbuck's stand in the lobby in the AM, and a restaurant for breakfast that is reasonable. My only complaint is the charge for internet that seems to be a hallmark of the Hilton chain. And, when I asked if I could also use the internet for my iPad, I was told that each thing I connect is another charge. I complained and the charge was lifted, but there is nothing rationale about a double charge these days when people carry multiple devices. In fact, there is nothing rationale about any internet charge.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the feedback. I apologize about the double charge for the Internet connection in your room. Unfortunately the current software for wireless Internet bills by IP address, so when a second device connects it applies a second charge. I am hoping with the next upgrade they correct this problem. The Full Service Hilton properties still do charge for Internet usage in the guest room. The company has already started to give it complimentary to HHonor Diamond and Gold members. I am sure it will only be a little longer before we offer it to everyone complimentary. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.