“Can't Say Enough About It” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport

DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Edmonton, Canada
“Can't Say Enough About It”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was our first stay at a Double Tree Hotel. We only stayed one night due to the location near San Francisco International Airport. The hotel has a free airport shuttle that is very convenient. Upon arrival to the Hotel and checking in the front desk staff were extremely pleasant and friendly. We were each given a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. The welcome was nothing short of fantastic. Our room was very comfortable and had lots of room in it. Not cramped at all. Our only issue with the room was that we had requested a feather free room and they had over looked that as we had feather pillows and duvets. However when we notified the front desk of this concern the matter was rectified almost immediately. We went down to the lounge/restaurant to have something to eat and again the waiter (Jesus), was just excellent in the service he provided. The food was delicious and good value for the money spent. We had a great sleep and the next morning the breakfast buffet in the dining area was more than sufficient in choices and quality. Again good value for the money spent. We then checked out and headed for the airport. Like I said at the beginning it was our first Double Tree experience and it definitely won't be our last.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

It was a nice hotel, in a very busy airport. The staff very friendly and helpful. Food was good. Quiet room. I give up trying to send this in.........The hotel was great but this review is too much. If I can't click the send button ....I give up

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Visalia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I recently stayed at the hotel with a business partner of mine who happens to be in a wheel chair. I was charged an additional 200.00 a night because you didn't have any handicapped rooms that were not suites. The service was also terrible. I left an item in the room and called to asked if it was found. The front desk would just transfer me to another department that did not pick up and would not help me when I called back. I had to drive back to the hotel and they were able to contact the person immediately when I was face to face with them only to tell me they couldn't find my item. (something easily done over the phone.) The service at breakfast was horrible. My waiter did nothing but bring me the bill which I waited sometime for. I got my own contental breakfast and my water was never refilled. The only upside of my stay were the bartenders who were friendly and very prompt. If the drinks weren't so overpriced I would have stayed at the bar longer. My room was also next to a stairway so every hour or so I was awakened by the stairway door slamming shut. After this experience I would not recommend this hotel to my friends or colleagues.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Brandon,

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry your recent stay didn’t meet your expectations. At our property, we want to try hard to offer quality food offerings and exceptional service. We will work continually to improve our guest experience, and your comments will help us do just that. We hope you’ll stay with us the next time you’re in the area and let us know how we’re doing.

Kind Regards,

Harbor City, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Excellent customer service and rooms are clean and comfortable. Staff is attentive to needs and check-in/check-out process is expedient. I would recommend the DoubleTree to travelers for personal, business or tavels.

San Francisco, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We found the shower was out of order in my room in midnight. We called the operator directly. But she responded that you just solve it by yourself, we can't help you. So we just visited the front to change the room. The response of the operator was so terrible~

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Nohsung M
Nohsung,

Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. Hearing from our guests helps us provide the best experience possible for future visitors. We’re sorry that the comfort of your stay was interrupted by your shower malfunctioning and we’ve shared your comments with our team so we can do a better job of handling guest concerns with the Hotel Operator. The next time you travel to the area, we hope that you’ll be our guest again.

Kind Regards,

Raleigh, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

This is a wonderful hotel to stay in if you are departing from SFO to anywhere. Once you check in you do not need to leave as they have a terrific restaurant on site with reasonable prices and fabulous food. There is shuttle service to/from the airport. The rooms are spacious and the room darkening shades work quite well.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Could hear planes landing all through the night and morning. Walls too thin. Could hear shower turning on and toilets flushing during early morning hours. Beds were comfortable and hotel was clean and conveniently located to airport for an early morning flight.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Amys978,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel. We understand these take time, and we appreciate yours.

We are sorry that you had a hard time sleeping while staying at our hotel. We do not normally get complaints from our guests about their neighbors or airplanes, but we understand everyone is different. If this happens again in the past, please feel free to call down to the front desk and we can bring up earplugs for you.

We are happy to see you felt our Sweet Dreams mattress was comfortable and hotel clean. The proximity to the airport is very convenient as well, and we hope you were able to take advantage of our complimentary airport shuttle!

Again, thank you for the review and we hope to see you again in the near future.