“Close to airport, convenient shuttle, views of bay”

DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Kansas
“Close to airport, convenient shuttle, views of bay”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife & I stayed at this Double Tree for a Sonoma-Napa Valley getaway. Very convenient to the airport, shuttle runs every 15 min from hotel. Great views of the planes landing, food is always excellent and service was, too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank boardchairman
Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear boardchairman,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel during your Sonoma/Napa getaway.

We are so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Our proximity to the airport and surrounding areas is a great convenience to all our guests. With Sonoma/Napa wine country only a quick trip up 101, our property is a great stay for those flying into Northern CA.

We are also very happy to see our staff and service was helpful/convenient for you and your wife. We strive to provide an easy and relaxing stay for each of our guests, and it looks as if we did just that.

Again, thank you for the great review and we hope to see you again during your next getaway.

Mike McKee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Benton, Arkansas
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I recently stayed a week at this Doubletree. I used the location to be away from the city but be close enough to do all the tourist things. I was approximately 30 minutes from downtown San Francisco. Upon arrival I was told I had a room with a King bed. I was supposed to have a room with double beds. The staff went out of their way to correct my room. The room was very clean. I had a light out in the bathroom and brought it to the front desk attention and it was fixed within the hour. One afternoon I asked concierge on directions to drive up the coast. Nick went above and beyond to get directions and also help us get to the website to pay the toll for the Golden Gate Bridge. The hotel was very easy to get to and very close to the airport. Parking at the hotel was $22 a day. The hotel has a beautiful view of the bay and has a path down to the bay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Jaywee3,

Thank you for the review!

We are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us in San Francisco, CA. Our location and proximity to the airport and San Francisco is a huge advantage to all our guests, we are pleased to see you were able to enjoy this.

We are sorry if you felt parking was a bit pricey. Our website offers many packages in which parking is included, we highly recommend all our guests to take a peak next time they are booking a room in the area.

Again, thank you for the great review and we hope to see you again in the future.

Auckland New Zealand
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed a couple nights. Flew in from Auckland NZ. Check in was quick, rooms were nice, warm and comfy. We were on the 8th floorm It was a bit cold outside so the rooms were nice. They have a complimentary shuttle service which can be really useful if you want to use the piblix transport. We used it a few times when we caught the BART train system. Buffet breky was nice as well. Pleasant stay all in all.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear anita-nz-1975,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to review our hotel.

We are very pleased to see your stay with us was satisfactory. Our staff puts forth a great amount of effort to ensure each of guests have great accommodations and a great stay. We are pleased you were able to take advantage of our complimentary airport shuttle, surrounding public transportion, and on-property dining outlets.

Again, thank you for the great review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is my new SFO airport hotel! The shuttle from the airport was quick and the driver friendly. Check in was efficient and the overall lobby appearance is both modern and relaxing. I was greeted as an HH Diamond and given a great upgraded room. I stayed in the lobby before heading to my room as there was a managers reception with wine, cheese and nibbles. What a great way to start a stay!
After a couple of glasses of Merlot I headed up to the room, which was on the 8th floor in the second tower. I was very impressed with the room, it was very well decorated, huge in size and the bathroom was spotless, with a separate WC, shower stall and two sinks. I had a light supper at the bar, a chicken sandwich, which was also excellent. Unfortunately I didn't stay for breakfast as I had to check out at 4:00AM.

I hope to return soon. to sample the great hospitality at this Doubletree.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Tim F,

Thank you for writing such a great review on our hotel.

We are so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay in San Francisco, CA. We love all of our guests, especially our Diamond Members, and we are pleased to see you enjoyed your upgrade. We strive to provide clean and comfortable accommodations to each of our guests, and it looks as if we did just that.

Again, thank you for the great review and we look forward to your next stay.

Mike Mckee
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Nothing remarkable, just an old hotel near SFO airport. My room rate was inflated due to a conference the week of 19 May that sold out most rooms From San Francisco to Millbrae. I ranked the cleanliness as poor because I found someone's long hair on the "clean" bathroom floor, the hotel compensated with breakfast and a drink.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Dear bigjuble,

Thank you for the review. We appreciate all feedback, both good and bad.

We are sorry to hear you felt our property was outdated. We recently renovated our hotel with new guestrooms, decor, dining outlets, and more. We have received a handful of great reviews on our newly renovated hotel by guests, but we understand everyone is different.

Again, we are sorry to hear you were unsatisfied with your stay with us, but we hope to see you again in the near future so we can change your bad experience into a great one.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed at this Hotel for a short over night stay, between flights at SFO. The Front Desk person was pleasant and helpful. The room was of decent size and clean. The only bad part of the room was the noisy heater. I had to depart for an early flight, so I did not try the breakfast buffet. The shuttle to the airport was on time, but it was really worn inside. All in all , a good hotel.

Room Tip: Request a high level bay view room.