“Exceeds expectations for an airport hotel.” 5 of 5 bubbles

San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
GreenLeadersSilver level
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Exceeds expectations for an airport hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Well appointed rooms, nice view, great location. Good food and bar. Helpful staff. Special kudos to Rudy of the front office. He helped me find the stuff I left behind exactly two months after I left. He personally went out of his way to look for it and sent them Fedex to Hawaii. Thank you Rudy!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your positive experience at the San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our food, bar and staff. We will let Rudy know how much you appreciated his help. We take pride in hiring staff that always go the extra mile for our guests. We couldn’t be happier with the level of customer service that you received. Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Was here for several days of meetings. The shuttle picks up and drops off at this hotel and the Hyatt so plan for a little extra time. The first thing I noticed is that lots of people from the airline industry stay here. The rooms were nice, clean, and updated. I heard they are not done with the updates. I had a room with a water, runway view which I appreciated, but I could hear the planes all the time when I was in my room. I would still take a room with a view though. The staff was friendly.
I have mixed reviews on the food. Some was good, some was ok. The hotel bar is more expensive then many others I have been at in large cities. Beer prices were not too bad, but mixed drinks were way overpriced. The patio outside the bar area is nice to sit at and get some fresh air.
Overall, this is a place I would consider staying at again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for joining us during your meetings! We appreciate the compliments on our rooms, and are glad that you enjoyed your view and particularly our friendly staff, as we take great pride in our guest services. We also appreciate your comments on the food and drinks. It is our aim to create an exceptional experience for our guests, and will use your feedback to help direct us toward that goal. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I selected this hotel for its proximity to my half-marathon start line. Although I had several issues with my room keys, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Race weekend was pretty busy and crazy, and the hotel did a fine job of keeping things running smoothly. Thanks for making the weekend a pleasurable experience!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for choosing the Marriott for your stay during the half-marathon! We are so pleased to hear that we were able to get the issues with the room keys resolved, and that you were impressed by our friendly and helpful staff. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future!
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I spent three nights at this hotel on a work trip with two other colleagues.
How I rate hotels:
* - I left and went to another hotel
** - I didn't leave, but will avoid this hotel in the future
*** - would come back if I had to
**** - Gladly stay here again
***** - Will go out of my way to stay at this hotel

This hotel gets two stars because of how they handled an issue that came up during my stay. I checked in with two of my colleagues, all of our reservations had the same request for a high floor, king bed. The desk agent promptly put me on the 2nd floor and my colleagues on the 9th floor. I was able to compare my room to theirs and it was smaller and missing a refrigerator.

I understand that problems arise with hotels, and I try to avoid ranting in a Tripadvisor review. In this case I called the hotel, made them aware of the issue with my room and was given no alternative choice. The woman I spoke with used phrases like : "your room is of a size that is similar to the average size of the rooms in this hotel" (which I knew was not true, having visited a colleague's room) and "we have a room, but the rate is not the same as your current rate" (when I asked if it was more or less expensive she didn't reply).

I travel three weeks out of the month and am usually in a few different hotels each week. I have never faced a hotel staff that was so unwilling to help me solve a problem. For $370.00/night (plus taxes) I expected more.

The lobby of the hotel is pleasant; generally filled with conference goers and airline staff. There is a nice patio that is unfortunately frequented by local youths at night who walk up from the waterfront trail in front of the hotel.

My room was on the small side (though it was "close to the average size of the rooms in this hotel). The hotel was responsive in bringing me a less insulating blanket and some foam pillows. I also enjoyed the access to the M-Lounge. Having it open 24 hours a day was a nice touch.

In the end, if this hotel had handled my room issue differently it would have gotten 4 stars from me.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the bay face East and get direct sun in the mornings. Lower floors are near ey...
Green Features: I really enjoyed the re-usable water bottles in the M-Lounge.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bearpster
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We appreciate your honest feedback. We will use your comments to improve the guest experience moving forward. Thank you for your positive feedback on the M Club and our lobby space. You may be happy to know that we are planning a full rooms renovation by the end of the year. The new rooms will feature state of the art design, technology and style. Most of our new rooms will also include refrigerators. Our Director of Operations would be glad to take you on a tour of the model rooms next time you are in the area. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.
Flower Mound, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Looking for a real value while on business or play in the SFO area, this hotel has it all. Great views of the take off and landings at SFO. Great lobby area with great wines and cocktails to enjoy, along with really good appetizers. Marriot Club in lobby was different, prefer it on the club floor, but whatever, they must be trying out a new concept. Shuttle to Hotel and then to SFO very convenient. Whenever I am in the area this is where I will stay!

Room Tip: on the bay to see planes take off and land
Green Features: towels and linen options, besides that I didn't notice anything different from any other Marriott properties.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your positive experience at the San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront! We are so glad to hear that you enjoy our views of the airplanes, food and drinks in Flights 101 Lounge, and complimentary shuttle to SFO! We appreciate your comments on our new M Club Lounge as well. We are always looking for honest feedback from our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back in your future travels for another enjoyable stay!
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was there for business and my family joined me. Prior to arrival, I had requested an upgrade with our status and was pleasantly pleased to receive a jr. suite overlooking the water. The 2 double beds and extra pullout sofabed provided plenty of space for us. The extra dining table was a nice place to sit.

The update M Club was new and offered a wider range of food items than the previous clubs. I enjoyed the grab and go snacks which makes it convenient for kids. The service was nice and friendly as usual even with the amount of traffic they had. We were only there once during the evening and they had a good variety of food available.

When we had a problem it was quickly resolved. The front desk, lounge personnel and Raj in the exercise area were all very friendly. I stay at this property about 15 nights per year for work and it's always met my expectations.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank windycityfamily
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for joining us for your recent business trip! We are so pleased that we were able to upgrade your room to accommodate your family. We also appreciate your comments on our new M Club Lounge, and are thrilled to know that you enjoyed the food as well as the service. Thank you for your continued loyalty and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again soon!
Greensboro,NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Coming from Sacramento, was at the hotel less than 12 hours as had an early flight.

Big, full service Marriott. Good service, comfortable rooms, free shuttle (ran about every 10 mins) and very busy. You can hear the planes a bit in the rooms - but that is what you get when you want to stay near an airport.

Did not eat at the hotel but had dinner at Ideale in North Beach (just okay) and drinks in San Fran at Rogue Ales Public House (not a huge fan of the their beer).

Overall, Marriott is good for a quick stay if you want to be near the SFO airport.

1 Thank PeterFNYNC
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for choosing the Marriott before your early flight! We appreciate your compliments on our good service, comfortable rooms, and free shuttle service. It is our aim to create a relaxing and comfortable experience for our guests, and it is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
The Westin San Francisco Airport
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
BEST WESTERN PLUS El Rancho Inn
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
Hampton Inn & Suites San Francisco-Burlingame-Airport South
Aloft San Francisco Airport

Been to San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront? Share your experiences!