“Very, Very Nice” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
New York
“Very, Very Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this Holiday Inn this past Friday night. Check in was quick & easy (we checked in early at 1:00PM). The parking lot is kind of cool overlooking the East Bay. We were lucky to get a renovated room (#309). The room was really nice (not a bay view). More spacious than your typical Holiday Inn. The heat & AC worked great. Lobby is quite pretty. Location near SFO is excellent.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Mary D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Breuklyn-Boy,

On behalf of the entire staff of the Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South, we would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time out to post a good review for our property.Your satisfaction and comfort are our top priority and we are glad to know that you had a good stay with us. Should your travel needs bring you back to the wonderful city of San Francisco, please do not hesitate to call us at 650-347-2381 or email us at reservations@hiesfosouth.com. Thank you once again and we hope to see you soon!!!

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

This was my first stay that this property. After I checked in I discovered that I left my computer mouse at home. Sarah, who works at the front desk, was really helpful and kind enough to scrounge one up for me to borrow for the week. Definitely above and beyond the call of duty. The rooms are spacious and clean by the way. Free parking too. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mary D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Dear Steve W,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for posting a nice review for our property. Your comfort and satisfaction is our top priority and we are happy to know that we were able to meet your expectation. Sarah will surely receive a proper recognition for her good customer service, this is something that our staff takes pride in. If you need assistance in making a future reservation, please do not hesitate to call us at 650-347-2381 or email us at reservations@hiesfosouth.com. We hope to see you again in the future.

Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

We picked this airport because we were flying out of SFO for a 2-week vacation. Good visibility for car we left there. Room was fine and quiet; breakfast satisfactory. We really appreciated having the shuttle schedule, particularly on our return. We knew when it was scheduled, and it was right on time!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mary D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Demar H,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a comment and review for our property. We are very glad that you had a good overall stay with us and that everything worked out fine for you during your trip. We are happy to be a part of your vacation. Should your travel needs bring you back to the beautiful city of San Francisco, please do not hesitate to call us at 650-347-2381 or email us at reservations@hiesfosouth.com and we will be more than happy to assist you. We hope to see you soon!!!

Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I consider myself a peaceful traveler- I'm happy with pretty much any place I find myself, but for some reason this hotel, this Holiday Inn Express was a huge let down!
The trip to the hotel was exciting, and when I saw that the property faced the bay (airport landing strip) I was excited.
All that excitement fell apart in less than 15 minutes time!
Check in was okay, the young lady may have had a bad day and just wasn't that into seeing one more cheesy tourist/hotel guest. She welcomed me and gave me the key to my room and I went up to my room- opened the door and it all went down hill from there.
My room was a mix of late 1980's decor complete with wall stains, burns on furniture, gouges in wooden furniture, peeling wall paper- broken wooden blinds- on and on...
I quickly walked downstairs and asked about the rooms I read about, you know- the new renovation rooms (I called in advance and was told they were almost finished). Bam- all those new, refreshed rooms- all booked due to the conference overflow at two adjacent larger hotels. Yeah- sorry...you get the 1980's room sir...
Luckily I only had a few hours till I had to be at SFO for a flight, so I went to Max's (great place to eat) and fell asleep- the free wifi was sooooo slow, I couldn't do any work...seriously!
Oh, and no bay room views available either...sorry sir, you get the 1980's parking lot view room only!
This ranks as on of my worst stays so far in my 30 years of travels...sorry Holiday Inn Express Airport South...

Any positives you ask:
- the bay view from the back parking lot was nice
- Max's was a great place to eat
- the shuttle to the airport was free and fast
- 5 minutes tops from the airport check in areas!

Room Tip: Hopefully, the "refresh" that is taunting you when you arrive into check in (it's on s...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank hideotakamini
Mary D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear hideotakamini,

First of all, we would like to thank you for staying with us and for posting a review for our hotel. Please accept our sincerest apology for the inconvenience that we had caused you. We would also like to apologize for not meeting your standards and expectations, the hotel just finished refurbishing the south wing of the building, and we are about to start renovating the north side of the building by November and is scheduled to finish (tentatively) on April 2014, and we are all excited about this. We are sorry that the renovation did not finish before your stay with us. We would like to invite you to come and visit us once again after the full renovation is complete and we assure you that you will have a more pleasant stay with us. Also, do not hesitate to call us at 650-347-2381 or email us at reservations@hiesfosouth,com should you any questions or concerns.

Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

A good hotel to stay while traveling from or to SFO airport, especially while flying out early in the morning. They have a shuttle to the airport, even otherwise, it is a short drive away to the airport.The road in front of the hotel takes you directly to the rental car center. Free parking is limited, but considering that they have a shuttle, you don't need a car. The breakfast options are good. Staff friendly & courteous. The wing where I stayed has been recently renovated I guess. I accidently walked into the other wing and saw that the rooms were older, looks like they were being renovated. Overall I would say that the hotel is a good one.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Mary D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear Vinod R,

We would like to thank you for staying with us and for posting a good review for our hotel. We are very glad that you find our location, amenities and staff up to your standards. Yes, the north wing of the building will soon be renovated as well, tentatively, the entire guest rooms should all be finished with the renovation by April 2014. We are all very excited about this. We hope to see you again in the future. And if your travel needs bring you back to the beautiful city of San Francisco, please do not hesitate to call us at 650-347-2381 or email us at reservations@hiesfosouth.com and we will be more than happy to assist you in making the reservation.

Placerville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times now when flying into or out of San Francisco International Airport on overseas trips. The room has always been clean, full of amenities which all worked. The breakfast is really great and there is a lot of variety of breakfast food items. Staff is always friendly and has been able to assist with every request we have made. The room rate (including parking while away) is very reasonable and well worth it for the convenient location and quality of our stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank herrbrian
Mary D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Dear herrbrian,

On behalf of the entire staff of the Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South, we would like to thank you for staying with us and for posting a very nice review for our hotel. As a valued guest, youe comments are very much appreciated. To make your stay comfortable and relaxing as you are in your home are our top priority. Please do not hesitate to call us at 650-347-2381 or email us at reservations@hiesfosouth.com should you need any assistance in making a future reservation. We hope to see you again soon!!!

Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

The renovated room was very nice, the breakfast and coffee setup is excellent and the location was perfect considering the price. I wanted to be by the airport and within a half hour drive to San Francisco, you can be at the airport in 5 minutes and San Fran in 25 (depending on traffic). What is really nice is you can either take the 280 or 101 to San Fran depending on traffic issues that day. If you are runner, there is a running trail on the water with some views or the bay and airport, so that was great for me. In general, I think this is a very good option when considering the price and proximity to the airport/city. Lastly, the in person service was OK, my room wasn't ready on time and they forgot to tell me it was ready while I was waiting in the lobby, but that no one is perfect. On the flip side, I made an email request prior to my visit and their service was excellent. I will say I read a lot of the reviews about the construction and parking issues, but didn't have any real problems with either of them. I did hear a drill a few times one afternoon, but to be honest it was not a big problem. If it was happening later at night or in the morning, I would have felt differently. In the end, I travel a bit for work and get to experience all kinds of hotels, this is a really good value considering the location, the amenities and price. I would stay here again and I expect that once the renovations are 100% complete, the reviews will skyrocket.

Room Tip: If you can get a bay room great, I would recommend asking for a renovated room. They may all be reno...
1 Thank Scott N
Mary D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Dear Scott N,

We would like to thank you for staying with us and for posting a nice review for our hotel. We are happy that you you found our amenities and location to cater most of your needs. To make your stay as comfortable as you are at home is our top priority. Should your travel needs bring you back to the beautiful city of San Francisco, please do not hesitate to call us at 650-347-2381 or email us at reservations@hiesfosouth.com and we will be more than happy to help you make a future reservation. Thank you so much once again and we hope to see you soon!!!

Guest Services Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
Hampton Inn & Suites San Francisco-Burlingame-Airport South
BEST WESTERN PLUS El Rancho Inn
Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South? Share your experiences!