Shasta Pines Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$110
Charm Motel(Burney)
US$110
Burney Motel(Burney)(Great Value!)
US$98
Hotels.com
McCloud Mercantile Hotel(McCloud)(Great Value!)
US$155
McCloud Hotel(McCloud)
US$193
US$83
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We stayed in a king suite. The "suite" was a single room typical of the size of a normal hotel room. From reading other reviews, it appears that the non-suite rooms are very small. The room was clean and smelled fresh (no industrial cleaner smell). A number of items in our room either needed to be replaced or repaired. No breakfast was provided, but there were a number of restaurants as well as a grocery store near the hotel. The family managing the hotel were curteous and prompt. We spent one night after driving through Lassen National Park and would stay at this establishment in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CA_Travel_Two
Reviewed 6 July 2012

When staying at a basic hotel/motel like this, you really only want a few things: a clean quiet room, a comfortable bed, good climate control, a safe location, at a good price. We got all of that and more. We had a "king suite" on the 2nd floor. These are newer rooms, and may not be representative of the older rooms.

The AC kicked in well and kept the room comfortable all evening and night. The bed and sheets were comfortable, the TV was a flat screen with good selection. The shower was high with good temp and pressure, but the thinnest soap you've ever seen - think Kraft cheese slices. I dropped it by mistake - it shattered. :-). The room was clean and well lit, and there was a ceiling fan if you prefer that to the AC.

The "suite" part included a sitting area with a couch that was a nice addition, though not essential. There was a fridge in the room. Wi-fi worked well. a Lot of parking. There is a steakhouse next door if you don't want to drive out for dinner. No breakfast at the hotel.

Room Tip: Stay in the new rooms, in the 2 story annex.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tywwia
Reviewed 17 June 2012

My husband and I spent two nights at the Shasta Pines Motel in June 2012. We had a spacious room on the second floor with a king bed and a sofa, also a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. The owner was very friendly and helpful and knowledgeable about the area. On our first night we ate at the restaurant near the motel, and on our second night we bought steaks at the nearby Safeway and used the Weber grill in the picnic area to cook it and have a pleasant, relaxed dinner outside. We would certainly come here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kitty4805
Reviewed 4 April 2012

The owner is quite rude. Came in around 10 pm, I was tired after the six hour drive. I called in to front needed iron for the next morning (early meeting) and again very male pig attitude. Response was can't you wait until morning so I agreed. Morning came called for iron and he said if you need come and get it. So I did. When I left the room I hung the do not disturb sign on the door. When I came back that it evening it was very clear that someone had been in my room. Honestly, just creepy. I called front office and he admitted that he gone into my room to get the iron. I stayed for one week Sun-Fri. Everyday when I left he was standing in a darken window next to the office- watching. I will NEVER stay there again!!!!

Room Tip: Hotel website noted "suites" available, but not really suites. There is a couch and small coffee table. No place to work on the computer. Internet maybe free but frequently drops the connection. No restaurant. No pool
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
7  Thank Natalie T
Reviewed 14 January 2012

my winter rate was 60$ Decent mom and pop owned by India folks. rooms were clean and most importantly didnt reek of cheap chemicals. That is a BIG deal, a good one. Bathrooms were so so. good parking etc.
here is a note to other motel owners who putrify there rooms with chemicals. (Not this place)
If someone can prove that those chemicals are hazardous, and that wont be hard, you could
be on the hook for damages. Keep it in mind.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business