Shasta Pines Motel
McCloud Hotel(McCloud)
US$193
US$149
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have been staying at Shasta Pines for over 6 years on an annual fishing trip. Rooms are great, owner is absolutely fabulous. Very friendly and goes out of their way to accommodate their guests. Have never had a problem, and find the rate to be extremely competitive. Have never let me down or disappointed me. It's the only place to stay in Burney!!

Bob

Room Tip: rooms in the "new" building are fantastic.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Very comfortable bed. Room was good size with good TV. Free WiFi. Microwave and a good refrigerator in room. Personnel very helpful and friendly. All stores and cafes within walking distance. Good rates.My 2nd stay here and I will stay again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Nicely appointed suite for Burney, Ca but they were charging Oxford Inn and Suites (Spokane, WA) prices and delivering without Oxford service. We noted on our reservations that we would be a late arrival. It was cold in Burney and they did not turn on the heater in our room. When we arrived about 9:30 pm the room temperature was 56F. The heater thermostat is mounted on the wall about 18" away from the heater so it never really warmed up. There was a very distracting hum in the ceiling fan, necessary for what air circulation there was. The bathroom is very roomy, 10x15'?, yet does not have it's own heat source. We had to turn the hair dryer on high to keep from freezing to death while using the toilet. Also, with all the handicapped rails in the bathtub you had to stand sideways in the tub. Also needs a modern shower head.

Room Tip: The king suites are the newest and roomiest. My folks stayed in a single queen in the older section and the bathroom door wouldn't stay shut. My brother and his wife had a similar room and had to reposition the bed to find an outlet to plug his CPAP into.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank WadeM21
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Wow! Thank you Shasta Pines Motel! Everyone else in town wanted $100 deposit plus $70 or more for a room. I walked in here cold and tired and ready to give up! I got a room for $60 and a VERY LOW deposit! All I wanted was a bed and shower but what I got was a clean cozy room with a fridge, microwave, digital thermostat, free wifi and a huge flat screen TV! Not to mention friendly courteous people too!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Tom P
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed in one of the downstairs rooms of the newly remodeled block and were delighted with everything. The room was spacious and everything spotlessly clean. I agree with some of the other reviews in that the price isn't cheap but considering the quality of the room then I feel it's worth that little extra if you are looking for somewhere nice to stay.

The motel is well set back from the road so we weren't disturbed by any traffic. The grounds of the motel contain a BBQ area, a lovely lawn, some tables, chairs, sun loungers and umbrellas for relaxing after the days activities.

We found the owner to be friendly and helpful. We did eat at Arts Outpost next door but were disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple